C&C Box+ help.
Mar 16, 2009 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

yklee118

100+ Head-Fier
I have a rather troublesome issue with the C&C Box+. The batteries are dead after just using them for about less than 300-hours (two-years old). Less than six charging cycles. Here is the thing, I thought I was able to treat this amp as a desktop unit since the batteries were beyond saving. That is not the case. Low charge or dead batteries equal very distorted sound. It would seem the batteries provide some extra reserve or sorts.

Now my question is where can I find a battery (two 3.7V lithium-polymers are used with 750mAh) that matches the dimensions and capacity. I have searched just about everywhere with absolutely no success. The Dimensions are 48mm by 30mm by 4mm thick each cell. I would sincerely appreciate the help since this particular model of the C&C Box is fitted with the AD823 OP amp instead of the AD822. Very good sounding amplifier with both the AKG K701 and Sennheiser HD650.

Everybody have a great week.

Thanks
darthsmile.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 13
You probably left the battery dead without a charge too many times.
There are companies that make custom batteries out there.
Some day ill run into this also with mine.
I think ill do some research too.
Some companies that supply Ham Radio Operators make custom batteries.

Who changed the op amp?

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 13
Good luck finding those. I scoured the net looking for replacements and couldn't find them. That was about a year ago, maybe there is something out there now. You can always try C&C but they've been as responsive as a small soap dish.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 13
This is why i dont like buying amps with special rechargeable battery packs.
I have two amps of my 7 portables with packs, and the rest have standard 9v batteries.
I think any others i ever purchase will also have standard batteries.

Mar 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 13
Problem Solved. Purchased the battery packs through an online store "Robot Shop". The C&C Box+ uses two 3.7V 750-MaH lithium polymer battery packs. I replaced them with two 3.7V packs of nearly identical physical dimensions except with a better battery capacity of 1100 maH. So far it has surpassed the eighty hour mark and is still running. I think it may have a slightly longer battery life of about 100-hours give or take with the higher capacity. Since my amp is out of warranty, then if there are any problems, then it is my problem and not the manufacturer. Anyway, the sound is amazing.

Until then, thanks for all of the advice ladies and gentlemen. Have a great week.

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 13
Cool !!!!

Model number for the batteries?????
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #8 of 13
Mar 26, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #9 of 13
Ok, it says 1000mah at the top of the discription, and 1100 mah at the bottom.

QtyPrice
1 xUSD $11.95
10 xUSD $10.76
100 xUSD $9.56

SFE Lithium Polymer Battery Cell - 3.7V 1000mAh
Product code : RB-Spa-109

• Voltage: 3.7V, 1000mAH battery
• Capacity: 1000mAh 2C continuous discharge
• Chemistry: Lithium Polymer
• Discharge: 2A (2C)
• Weight: 22g
• JST Connector (2mm spacing)

The SFE 3.7V, 1100mAh Lithium Polymer (LiPo) Battery is a very slim and extremely light weight. Each cell outputs a nominal 3.7V

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #10 of 13
WOW.

So far on a single charge, the C&C Box+ with the new batteries have surpassed the 140-hour mark cutting out 30-minutes after passing that number. The Charging time takes a little bit longer, however not to worry. One thing I do notice is the output stage when coupled to the Sennheiser HD650/280, the soundstage and sonic character is further improved. The overly warm overtones that the HD650 is known for is reduced while further improving the mid-range and treble ever so slightly to the point that music is much more enjoyable over time. I think that the original batteries that came with this amp were already tired to begin with since I did keep the amp plugged in while treating it as a desktop amplifier.

It used to be I would have to turn the volume knob to 3o'clock for a pleasurable and audible listening experience, now I am at the 12-o'clock position. Current output I am suspecting has been increased with the new batteries.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

Until then. Have a Great Week.

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #11 of 13
So is that the correct battery or not???? geez

Apr 2, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by yayomizzan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice one

What one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back