C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Aug 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #2,701 of 3,421
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #2,703 of 3,421
Hi all,
After reading almost whole thread and great review from OP I decided to get one for myself. According to the Irish post it arrived this morning to sorting office here.

I have question to Sansa Fuze users and Ipod with diyMod/iMod etc:

Did anyone measured DC offset on output using line-out cable without coupling capacitors on the path? Does the C&C BH2 have DC coupling capacitors on input? I know that it says this in manufacturer description, but it is poor translation to English and this might be not accurate.

I'm in middle of building my LOD cables, Fuze outputs LO @1.2V but when connected to cMoyBB by JDSLabs offset is <8mV.

Many thanks for any help.

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2,704 of 3,421
Hi all,
After reading almost whole thread and great review from OP I decided to get one for myself. According to the Irish post it arrived this morning to sorting office here.

I have question to Sansa Fuze users and Ipod with diyMod/iMod etc:

Did anyone measured DC offset on output using line-out cable without coupling capacitors on the path? Does the C&C BH2 have DC coupling capacitors on input? I know that it says this in manufacturer description, but it is poor translation to English and this might be not accurate.

I'm in middle of building my LOD cables, Fuze outputs LO @1.2V but when connected to cMoyBB by JDSLabs offset is <8mV.

Many thanks for any help.

I suggest you contact ClieOS via PM with your question. He is fairly knowledgeable in this area.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/11725/clieos

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #2,706 of 3,421
Aug 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #2,707 of 3,421
Hey guys, so yeah, I'm pairing my C&C BH with a sansa clip+.. But i can't seem to get the cable right.. Any ideas what cable would be good to fit with it? 

I'm currently using this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMSL-W3-HiFi-Audio-Cable-3-5-to-3-5mm-Headphone-Amp-iPod-PC-MP3-Laptop-/200851488533?hash=item2ec3ae7f15

But the cable sometimes makes it so hard for me to pull it out from my pockets. Kinda makes it less portable-ish.

P.S : Might throw in a Colorfly C3 in soon.. and or a E12.. So yeah, we'll see :p And just got myself the T-Peos H200. Wooooh.

Edit : Btw, how do you guys carry them along? 

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #2,708 of 3,421
Quote:
Hey guys, so yeah, I'm pairing my C&C BH with a sansa clip+.. But i can't seem to get the cable right.. Any ideas what cable would be good to fit with it? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMSL-W3-HiFi-Audio-Cable-3-5-to-3-5mm-Headphone-Amp-iPod-PC-MP3-Laptop-/200851488533?hash=item2ec3ae7f15

But the cable sometimes makes it so hard for me to pull it out from my pockets. Kinda makes it less portable-ish.

P.S : Might throw in a Colorfly C3 in soon.. and or a E12.. So yeah, we'll see :p And just got myself the T-Peos H200. Wooooh.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #2,710 of 3,421
Quote:

Here is what I use right now. I picked up the interconnect form BTG-Audio before I started making my own cables/interconnects. Going to make a new one this weekend to try out a different arrangement. 

There are a lot of options, but most of them cant be done with options available on Ebay. Getting a company or a DIYer to make you one is easy enough though.

Quote:
Has anyone paired the C&C BH with the MadDogs? Considering getting a pair around Christmas for an end game /home/transportable rig

I have/do. The Mad Dogs scale with more power, to a point. Most people that buy Mad Dogs do so for a work or desktop rig. That rig generally consists of a powerful amp of some sort. Lots of guys even go the vintage receive route. Along with the Schiit Magni, I also use my Dogs with a Emotiva a-100 speaker amp with an adapter I built to run from speaker taps to a 1/4" female.
Power really makes the Dogs come out to play.

If you plug the Mad Dogs into the C&C BH in output 1 with the gain on high, they supply enough volume that you could cause some hearing loss. However, you lose a lot of the Mad Dogs magic. The sound is a little looser, not as detailed, and lacks the tight slam that you get from raw power. It works on-the-go but you lose a fair amount of potential. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2,711 of 3,421
Here is what I use right now. I picked up the interconnect form BTG-Audio before I started making my own cables/interconnects. Going to make a new one this weekend to try out a different arrangement. 

There are a lot of options, but most of them cant be done with options available on Ebay. Getting a company or a DIYer to make you one is easy enough though.

I have/do. The Mad Dogs scale with more power, to a point. Most people that buy Mad Dogs do so for a work or desktop rig. That rig generally consists of a powerful amp of some sort. Lots of guys even go the vintage receive route. Along with the Schiit Magni, I also use my Dogs with a Emotiva a-100 speaker amp with an adapter I built to run from speaker taps to a 1/4" female.

If you plug the Mad Dogs into the C&C BH in output 1 with the gain on high, they supply enough volume that you could cause some hearing loss. However, you lose a lot of the Mad Dogs magic. The sound is a little looser, not as detailed, and lacks the tight slam that you get from raw power. It works on-the-go but you lose a fair amount of potential. 
Damn man I knew mad dogs required lots of juice but damn lol

Would an arrow 4g be enough if I ever bought some mad dogs?

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #2,712 of 3,421
It all depends what you want out of the dogs.
They don't need the Emotiva a-100 but it adds some serious power making the sound more forward and even adds a but of a V-shaped signature. The end result is a fun sound that's enjoyable for certain music.

The C&C BH manages to power them with sufficient volume, but you probably won't find desktop power from a portable unless it's big and expensive.

If you're ever near Orange County, California I'd be happy to let you demo them. In fact, we are doing a get together or mini meet next week if all goes well.

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #2,713 of 3,421
It all depends what you want out of the dogs.
They don't need the Emotiva a-100 but it adds some serious power making the sound more forward and even adds a but of a V-shaped signature. The end result is a fun sound that's enjoyable for certain music.

The C&C BH manages to power them with sufficient volume, but you probably won't find desktop power from a portable unless it's big and expensive.

If you're ever near Orange County, California I'd be happy to let you demo them. In fact, we are doing a get together or mini meet next week if all goes well.
Damn I live near Pittsburgh PA but my girlfriends family lives in San Diego CA

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #2,714 of 3,421

All going to plan, I'll have a M/M Schiit stack. Would you reckon that'd be sufficient?

Really the only times I'd use it on the go, would be planes or long haul flights. I'm a firm fan of my iPod > C&C BH > IEMS/headphones. As small as possible with nice sound.

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #2,715 of 3,421
Quote:
All going to plan, I'll have a M/M Schiit stack. Would you reckon that'd be sufficient?

Really the only times I'd use it on the go, would be planes or long haul flights. I'm a firm fan of my iPod > C&C BH > IEMS/headphones. As small as possible with nice sound.

I normally use it with the M/M stack and it's great. Love it. So the answer is yes.

You could still use the C&C with the MDs on a plane and enjoy it. No doubt about it. Its not like you'd be trying to do critical listening on a plane anyway. The Mad Dogs would be super comfy too for that. Though with the announcement of the Alpha Dogs, I'm probably going to upgrade. Curious to see how well the C&C BH does with those, however, I imagine that it will be close to the same considering it's still the same driver just with new cups. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back