C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jul 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2,671 of 3,421
Quote:
Haha, I can't be promising anymore reviews as I won't be getting anything new for quite some time:)

I'm currently thinking of getting a Classic for my C5, but the C3 does do a pretty good job. Plus, I'm going to have to reconsider my options there, as I have heard the C3 happens to be superior in sound quality when put up against the Classic/Video line.

I've read that the C3 sounds better, but as to how much better I'm unsure. One thing is for certain, the amount of space available on the Classic trumps the C3 and most other devices. I sold my last Classic and regretted it when loading up my Clip and got a "HDD Full" message. Main reason I won't be shifting it any time soon. 

I will say though, I feel the Classic > LOD > BH sounds excellent. So I can imagine the C5 sounding excellent as well. Just load it with ALAC 
beyersmile.png

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #2,672 of 3,421
Haha, I can't be promising anymore reviews as I won't be getting anything new for quite some time:)

I'm currently thinking of getting a Classic for my ac5, but the C3 does do a pretty good job. Plus, I'm going to have to reconsider my options there, as I have heard the C3 happens to be superior in sound quality when put up against the Classic/Video line.

So, you see. it's been always the C3 that's bugging me since I got the BH2. Guess there will be one more purchase soon before I lay off for a while.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #2,673 of 3,421
I've read that the C3 sounds better, but as to how much better I'm unsure. One thing is for certain, the amount of space available on the Classic trumps the C3 and most other devices. I sold my last Classic and regretted it when loading up my Clip and got a "HDD Full" message. Main reason I won't be shifting it any time soon. 

I will say though, I feel the Classic > LOD > BH sounds excellent. So I can imagine the C5 sounding excellent as well. Just load it with ALAC 
beyersmile.png

Yeah, I've heard from previous C5/Classic owners claiming them to be a decent combo. ALAC? I think I'm going to rock box the Classic (if I ever get one) and load it up with FLAC! :wink:

So, you see. it's been always the C3 that's bugging me since I got the BH2. Guess there will be one more purchase soon before I lay off for a while.

C3 is a worthy purchase for such a price of $100 to get more than you bargain for in terms of SQ. Easy!

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,674 of 3,421
Quote:
Yeah, I've heard from previous C5/Classic owners claiming them to be a decent combo. ALAC? I think I'm going to rock box the Classic (if I ever get one) and load it up with FLAC!
wink.gif

I've taken RB off mine the other week, quite a bit buggy at times and wasn't happy that it wouldn't work with my Bose docking station, trying to bag an older "Color" model for RB :p

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #2,675 of 3,421
I've taken RB off mine the other week, quite a bit buggy at times and wasn't happy that it wouldn't work with my Bose docking station, trying to bag an older "Color" model for RB :p

Can you describe to me some of these bugs, briefly?
Buggy RB causes me to sell my DAPs that are running it, so if you could fill me in, that's be great:)

I think the video 5.5 should be a decent one to RB if you're looking for the older generation ones.

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #2,676 of 3,421
Quote:
Can you describe to me some of these bugs, briefly?
Buggy RB causes me to sell my DAPs that are running it, so if you could fill me in, that's be great:)

I think the video 5.5 should be a decent one to RB if you're looking for the older generation ones.

Turns out Sister still has her old Video. 30gb which isn't bad at all. YEOOOOW 
L3000.gif

Hmmmm, off the top of my head..

1. Froze when I scrolled EQ settings too fast
  2. Froze when I entered database after refresh if I didn't wait a few minutes(symbol to suggest it was still updating had left the screen)
  3. Sometimes got major laggy when looking through flac collection(this was one of my biggest gripes, as if it wasn't picking up wheel movements.
  4. Skipped a song and it reset, happened a few times.

There just a few off the top of my head, but baring in mind the RB for Classic isn't "official" yet so install at your own discrepancy. 

After switching back to Apple FW and it was just so much handier. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #2,677 of 3,421
I have never had any problems on rock box. Ipod video 5g and 5.5g, fuze v1 and v2, clips, ipod mini.

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #2,678 of 3,421
Quote:
I have never had any problems on rock box. Ipod video 5g and 5.5g, fuze v1 and v2, clips, ipod mini.

RB has them all sorted, Classic is essentially still in the works! Don't get me wrong, I love RB and it goes excellent with the Clip, but atm for me it's a bit too buggy. Although others are having nothing but a dream come true with the FW

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,679 of 3,421
Turns out Sister still has her old Video. 30gb which isn't bad at all. YEOOOOW 
L3000.gif

Hmmmm, off the top of my head..

• Froze when I scrolled EQ settings too fast
  • Froze when I entered database after refresh if I didn't wait a few minutes(symbol to suggest it was still updating had left the screen)
  • Sometimes got major laggy when looking through flac collection(this was one of my biggest gripes, as if it wasn't picking up wheel movements.
  • Skipped a song and it reset, happened a few times.

There just a few off the top of my head, but baring in mind the RB for Classic isn't "official" yet so install at your own discrepancy. 

After switching back to Apple FW and it was just so much handier. 

Yeah, I've also encountered a few bugs with when I had an RBed Clip. I guess you could say, I'm a bit nit-picky with UI and performance.

I'll wait out a new DAP in that case, seeing that RB seems to still be buggy on the Classic.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #2,681 of 3,421
Hey guys, i wanted to ask if anyone here has paired the

C&C BH with HD650 or HD600 or Alessandro MS2 or the KEF M500?

How do they sound with the amp? Or is there a better choice for this amp to pair with? Thanks!

Edit : I've been using my C&C bh with sansa and alessandro ms1, and its been an amazing journey. :p

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #2,682 of 3,421
Hey guys, i wanted to ask if anyone here has paired the

C&C BH with HD650 or HD600 or Alessandro MS2 or the KEF M500?

How do they sound with the amp? Or is there a better choice for this amp to pair with? Thanks!

Edit : I've been using my C&C bh with sansa and alessandro ms1, and its been an amazing journey. :p
Well I've paired some grado sr225i with bh and it was awfully cold sounding

I'm guessing the ms2 would be very similar,

On a good note I've had good luck with senns on the bh but I never heard the hd650 or hd600

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #2,683 of 3,421
I have not heard any of the headphones and I've only paired the BH with iems myself. But from what I've read they should be too hard to drive to get good results. As in not getting good quality. Maybe they will go to a satisfying volume but might lack power and refinement.

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #2,685 of 3,421
hey guys..anybody tried to pair the BH with mad dogs by mr speakers?
was it good or just meh?
im asking cause ill have the mad dogs soon and ill use it with my ipodtouch 2g..and im looking for a good portable amp that could fit in my pocket..thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back