C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jul 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #2,656 of 3,421
Very informative - thanks for posting that! You managed to not have to trash the BH at all lol!

And thanks for all of the images. I didn't realize how large the C5 is - seems about the same size as my E12. I really like the size of the BH and how it fits with the C3, so I will happily continue using that combo as my portable rig for the time being.

Thanks, and we all know the BH is a worthy competitor. :wink:

Yes, when put next to the BH, the C5 appears to be pretty big, length and width wise.

C3/BH is an amazing combination after all, so I wouldn't say its a bad portable rig!

Really enjoyed that review. Pictures are fantastic.

great job

Nice review!

Thanks guys:)

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #2,658 of 3,421
I've read the whole review about twice, very well done and straight to the point..

Thanks, mate:)

Hope I could aid you in your decision of purchasing a C5 or not!

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #2,659 of 3,421
Quote:
So I guess I should let you guys know I just got a C5 the other day...

Onto my main reason why I'm reporting back here:) I did a BH dedicated part for you guys on my review on the C5 LOL.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/673946/review-unboxing-jds-labs-c5-the-definition-of-neutrality

That was a nicely done review. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #2,661 of 3,421
Hi SkyBleu, thanks for the detail review and comparison. Before I bought the BH2, I was juggling btw them and now have another thing to look forward to. In due time, I would like to add the C5 to my gear list while I rock on with the BH2 for now.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #2,662 of 3,421
Hi SkyBleu, thanks for the detail review and comparison. Before I bought the BH2, I was juggling btw them and now have another thing to look forward to. In due time, I would like to add the C5 to my gear list while I rock on with the BH2 for now.

No problem:)

Glad I could help.

You should be happy you had bought the BH, regardless of the C5. The BH is without a doubt, a worthy competitor, and it doesn't lose to the C5 by much, so I can't say you're ultimately missing out.

Rock on with the BH until you feel that you're bored of it and feel like getting a C5 to continue rocking on your journey!

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2,664 of 3,421
Yes, I'm very content with the BH2 now. I have resisted listening to those higher end gears available locally and don't have the push to pursue them. Ignorance can sometimes be a blessing but in due time, it's gonna happen. Haha. Cheers.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #2,665 of 3,421
Quote:
Yes, I'm very content with the BH2 now. I have resisted listening to those higher end gears available locally and don't have the push to pursue them. Ignorance can sometimes be a blessing but in due time, it's gonna happen. Haha. Cheers.

Yeah, from this point, I'm probably also going to restrict myself from demoing anything of higher value, just to soothe my lust for more, for the time being. Leave the time gap between each item at a relatively balanced distance to save your wallet and give you more time to embrace what you have:)

Quote:
Excellent review  SkyBleu, if anything the review made me even more curious about the C3 and B&H pairing! :p Keep it up, I look forward to more!

Thanks for your positive feedback, Marko!

Oh yes, the C3/BH is not a force to be reckoned with! 
That combo is possibly one of the best synergical pairs of low-end audio.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #2,666 of 3,421
Thanks, mate:)

Hope I could aid you in your decision of purchasing a C5 or not!

Good job on the review! I've got their earlier model, the C421 and like it and my BK a lot. They relegated my E-11 to the storage bin.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #2,667 of 3,421
Good job on the review! I've got their earlier model, the C421 and like it and my BK a lot. They relegated my E-11 to the storage bin.

Thank you:)

I hear the C421 can actually be better than the C5 in some ways according to someone's review I read a while back, so I wouldn't say you have much to worry about there!

Hahaha, your E11 relegated to the storage bin, whilst mine relegated to the bin, lol. :p
(Just kidding, I'm not rich enough to do that. I sold it right after hearing the BH and realising that the E11 was just hype material:)

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #2,668 of 3,421
Quote:

Thanks for your positive feedback, Marko!

Oh yes, the C3/BH is not a force to be reckoned with! 
That combo is possibly one of the best synergical pairs of low-end audio.

No problem, now more reviews are expected 
popcorn.gif

Sadly for me atm, I can't have both it's the BH or the C3.. One day I'll be able to get it and try it, for now the Classic does a good enough job 
L3000.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #2,669 of 3,421
popcorn.gif

Sadly for me atm, I can't have both it's the BH or the C3.. One day I'll be able to get it and try it, for now the Classic does a good enough job 
L3000.gif

Haha, I can't be promising anymore reviews as I won't be getting anything new for quite some time:)

I'm currently thinking of getting a Classic for my C5, but the C3 does do a pretty good job. Plus, I'm going to have to reconsider my options there, as I have heard the C3 happens to be superior in sound quality when put up against the Classic/Video line.

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #2,670 of 3,421
popcorn.gif

L3000.gif

If you can handle the basic user interface I found C3 a fair step ahead of the iPods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back