C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jul 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #2,521 of 3,421
not necessarily since AK stock and RWAK are different sounding DAPs.

T1 4Lif? U kidding??? i told so to myself because i am trying to talk myself out of the idea of buying RSA Intruder or Vorzuge or 627
tongue.gif

Different sounding, aye?

I heard all Red Wine Audio does is lessen the ohm impedance output by changing out a resistor, which has nothing to do with the sound. :wink:

I think you should get over the T1 and sell it for an RSA or Vorzuge, dear Gintaras.

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #2,522 of 3,421
Quote:
Different sounding, aye?

I heard all Red Wine Audio does is lessen the ohm impedance output by changing out a resistor, which has nothing to do with the sound.
wink.gif

I think you should get over the T1 and sell it for an RSA or Vorzuge, dear Gintaras.

why should i sell something IF this sounds great and makes me happy? or you think RSA or Vorzuge will do better in impressing chicks?
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #2,523 of 3,421
why should i sell something IF this sounds great and makes me happy? or you think RSA or Vorzuge will do better in impressing chicks?
tongue.gif

Okays, Gintaras! If you say so!

I mean, I got the T1 chilling on loan with me here at the moment, and it appears to be collecting dust already haha

I only said RSA and Vorzuge to you because I think they'll perform better for you than a T1. :)
Keep in mind, Gintaras, they cost more, hence they should sound way better, right? :wink:

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #2,524 of 3,421
Hey guys I have a question. Is there a DAC inside of the C&C BH2? Usually when I plug in my headphones through my macbook pro there is this grainy sound I hear through my headphones. I've noticed plugging in my headphones to my BH2 and to my macbook pro made this grainy sound disappear and the music sounds cleaner?

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #2,525 of 3,421
Hey guys I have a question. Is there a DAC inside of the C&C BH2? Usually when I plug in my headphones through my macbook pro there is this grainy sound I hear through my headphones. I've noticed plugging in my headphones to my BH2 and to my macbook pro made this grainy sound disappear and the music sounds cleaner?

Hi, the BH2 is an amplifier and doesn't have a dac.

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #2,526 of 3,421
dont have the BH , but i can say this amp has outperformed many in and above its price range , even beating the tube amp from govibe that costs like $700-800 , when i did a side by side at my local retailer jaben , very good bass boost no distortion , the power ...omg the power , my 250 ohm DT880 almost made me deaf when the volume was at 75% with the gain and impendance switch on...i was hearing a ringing sound for 3 days. if that isnt a testament to the power of the X02 then i dont know what is, problem is i am switching back to IEMS for my portable setup and the X02 is way to powerful for my new ASG-2 coming in a few days...and i am looking for something else , and i have heard alot about the JDS C5 and i want in hahaha , i paid S$350 singapore dollars for the X02 and the C5 is s$250 singapore dollars a whole $100 cheaper hahaha,
My X02 also has been through a lot of **** dropped a few time with an ipod classic , it has outlived 3 of them so far ( i go through ipod classics as fast as i do underwear ) the volume knob is a little shaky but far from breaking , if there is a reviewer who want to audition it i would be more than glad to temporarily trade it with a JDS C5 

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #2,527 of 3,421
i should also stat that the X02 is a bassy amp , ads a tab amount of bass making the music really fun sounding best for club dance electronic etc , but in no way does it make the bass overwhleming it doesnt not effect the other spectrums  and is very well controlled , , the bass boost switch is for those craving more and even with that on the bass does not get muddy or floppy , i dont know how to do reviews i have experimented with many amps whos names and brands i can't remember ( i used to work at jaben headphone shop) and i always looked back to the X02 , now i am looking for a better or more appropriate amp upgrade fever has hit me , and i am not one to buy the same thing again.

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #2,529 of 3,421
i should also stat that the X02 is a bassy amp , ads a tab amount of bass making the music really fun sounding best for club dance electronic etc , but in no way does it make the bass overwhleming it doesnt not effect the other spectrums  and is very well controlled , , the bass boost switch is for those craving more and even with that on the bass does not get muddy or floppy , i dont know how to do reviews i have experimented with many amps whos names and brands i can't remember ( i used to work at jaben headphone shop) and i always looked back to the X02 , now i am looking for a better or more appropriate amp upgrade fever has hit me , and i am not one to buy the same thing again.

dont have the BH , but i can say this amp has outperformed many in and above its price range , even beating the tube amp from govibe that costs like $700-800 , when i did a side by side at my local retailer jaben , very good bass boost no distortion , the power ...omg the power , my 250 ohm DT880 almost made me deaf when the volume was at 75% with the gain and impendance switch on...i was hearing a ringing sound for 3 days. if that isnt a testament to the power of the X02 then i dont know what is, problem is i am switching back to IEMS for my portable setup and the X02 is way to powerful for my new ASG-2 coming in a few days...and i am looking for something else , and i have heard alot about the JDS C5 and i want in hahaha , i paid S$350 singapore dollars for the X02 and the C5 is s$250 singapore dollars a whole $100 cheaper hahaha,
My X02 also has been through a lot of **** dropped a few time with an ipod classic , it has outlived 3 of them so far ( i go through ipod classics as fast as i do underwear ) the volume knob is a little shaky but far from breaking , if there is a reviewer who want to audition it i would be more than glad to temporarily trade it with a JDS C5 

The amp doesn't sound too bad in that case:) I wouldn't mind trying one myself, but its not all that cheap and I might just wait around for a few reviews or opinions before pulling any triggers.

Also, thanks for your little impressions, it gave me, and probably a few others, a better view of the XO2, as not much was known about it. :)

If you have the time, could you snap a few pictures of the amp next to your iPod?

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #2,530 of 3,421
Quote:
The amp doesn't sound too bad in that case:) I wouldn't mind trying one myself, but its not all that cheap and I might just wait around for a few reviews or opinions before pulling any triggers.

Also, thanks for your little impressions, it gave me, and probably a few others, a better view of the XO2, as not much was known about it.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you have the time, could you snap a few pictures of the amp next to your iPod?

There is a twelve page thread on it at Headphiles that should give you a good insight. See http://www.headphiles.org/index.php?t=msg&th=1942&prevloaded=1&&start=

I'm more of an IEM man for portability reasons and the X02 is also a bit on the large side for my liking.

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #2,531 of 3,421
Quote:

There is a twelve page thread on it at Headphiles that should give you a good insight. See http://www.headphiles.org/index.php?t=msg&th=1942&prevloaded=1&&start=

I'm more of an IEM man for portability reasons and the X02 is also a bit on the large side for my liking.

Oh, I haven't come across that thread yet. Thanks for that; will have a quick look through it.

I'm neutral between IEMs and headphones, like them both equally:)

From owning its little brother, the BH, I quite like how the BH performs for its price, so I'd assume the XO2 would outperform those amps at its price:)

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #2,533 of 3,421
Have you heard both the bh1 and bh2? Until you have, you cant state your so-called facts.

Ive heard not just 1 but 2 bh1 amps and both times I heard them I couldnt tell if the bass was better than my old fiio e6. With the bh2 it was a slightly more obvious which was better.

This is my observation. I never said it was a fact.

If youve never heard the bh1 and bh2 then you dont even have a right to come and claim your facts.

Everyone hears things differently. Some people love the s4 iem. Others think its garbage.

It doesnt even matter anymore as the bh1 is no longer available.

So called facts? The manufacturer has told us this, the people who build the device. They know the device a lot better than you me or anyone. I don't need to hear them to know they are the same when the hardware is identical and the manufacturer says they sound the same. You've been listening to a defective unit and comparing it with a good one. If you have heard multiple devices it doesn't prove anything, placebo effect. The people reading this thread need to know there is no difference. You really can't argue with such strong evidence as this. It's fine that you hear a difference that's entirely down to your perception and no one can question that, but people reading this thread need to know the fact that they are actually the same. Otherwise this thread becomes invalid as people buying a BH2 don't realise everything said here applies to them.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #2,534 of 3,421
So called facts? The manufacturer has told us this, the people who build the device. They know the device a lot better than you me or anyone. I don't need to hear them to know they are the same when the hardware is identical and the manufacturer says they sound the same. You've been listening to a defective unit and comparing it with a good one. If you have heard multiple devices it doesn't prove anything, placebo effect. The people reading this thread need to know there is no difference. You really can't argue with such strong evidence as this. It's fine that you hear a difference that's entirely down to your perception and no one can question that, but people reading this thread need to know the fact that they are actually the same. Otherwise this thread becomes invalid as people buying a BH2 don't realise everything said here applies to them.

If ive heard multiple units it means nothing? Do you even know what you wrote? You cant really let this go can you?

Let me repeat it for the billionth time. It was my opinion and how I felt. I never stated it was a fact. You're the one twisting my words and jumping down my throat as if I stated it was a fact.

I didnt realize opinions werent allowed on this board without people attacking you.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2,535 of 3,421
yeah sure no prob , the amp is not in the same great condition that i got it in ( lots of roadtrips , airplane trips and train rides. )
but what comes in the package...was like i was unboxing the royal jewels , 
i give them a a++ on packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back