C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jun 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #2,491 of 3,421
I have had both and posted a few pages back. It might be placebo or im imagining thinga but the bh2 has slightly deeper bass impact. Just a touch. Couple of other things I noticed.

It's possible. Since the manufacturer said it is nothing but a removable battery, I'd say it's quite unlikely. I'd go with placebo.

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #2,492 of 3,421
Kamak, battery can affect sonics, some high-end design DACs use separate battery PS units to clean sound. So if supplied current is better sonics might improve too as far as I know.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #2,493 of 3,421
Kamak, battery can affect sonics, some high-end design DACs use separate battery PS units to clean sound. So if supplied current is better sonics might improve too as far as I know.

When I received the original bh amp I compared it with my fiio e6 and couldnt tell which had better bass. It was pretty close.

When I got my replacement bh2 and compared eith the fiio e6 I said to myself "ok, its pretty obvious which has cleaner/deeper bass."

I swear im not crazy.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #2,494 of 3,421
Swy, i did not have a chance with BH2 but i believe your findings, quality of battery can make difference in sound no doubt.
those who feel sceptic about such statement can google for M2Tech Young DAC forum discussing battery PSU unit improving sound with majority agreeing on battery unit the most clean sounding.

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #2,495 of 3,421
My BH has become my little bedroom rig now, sounds good with the clip+ and powers my Mad Dog without any problem( and that's a headphone that do not like too weak amps). Usually I couple the BH with the Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC and my laptop at the library and that is even more cleaner due to not double amping the signal. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #2,496 of 3,421
When I received the original bh amp I compared it with my fiio e6 and couldnt tell which had better bass. It was pretty close.

When I got my replacement bh2 and compared eith the fiio e6 I said to myself "ok, its pretty obvious which has cleaner/deeper bass."

I swear im not crazy.

Yes but didn't you say your BH was faulty? You can't compare a faulty BH to a working BH2. If your battery wasn't charging the entire power unit is potentially screwed, which effects the power supply to all components degrading the sound. They are exactly the same amp other than the battery, C&C themselves told us that. If there were any sonic differences C&C would be shouting them from the rooftops as they would have a new improved product for sale at the same price.

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #2,497 of 3,421

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #2,498 of 3,421
Yes but didn't you say your BH was faulty? You can't compare a faulty BH to a working BH2. If your battery wasn't charging the entire power unit is potentially screwed, which effects the power supply to all components degrading the sound. They are exactly the same amp other than the battery, C&C themselves told us that. If there were any sonic differences C&C would be shouting them from the rooftops as they would have a new improved product for sale at the same price.

It was fine for about 3-4 months. After about the third time of charging thats when it had charging issues.

Just stating my opinion. No need to jump down my throat.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #2,499 of 3,421
Quote:
My BH has become my little bedroom rig now, sounds good with the clip+ and powers my Mad Dog without any problem( and that's a headphone that do not like too weak amps). Usually I couple the BH with the Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC and my laptop at the library and that is even more cleaner due to not double amping the signal. 

Excellent! That's my bedroom & portable rig (except I don't have the fancy cable!). Practically all of my stuff sounds great through that setup.

And I'm getting the Hifimediy sabre dac this week (to replace my ele dac at my laptop), so I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds when paired with the BH.

Pretty great SQ can be had for relatively little amount of $$$ these days! 
size]

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #2,500 of 3,421
Excellent! That's my bedroom & portable rig (except I don't have the fancy cable!). Practically all of my stuff sounds great through that setup.

And I'm getting the Hifimediy sabre dac this week (to replace my ele dac at my laptop), so I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds when paired with the BH.

Pretty great SQ can be had for relatively little amount of $$$ these days! 
size]

@waynes.

I have both the ELE and Hifimediy and it's definitely a step up. I'm not good at describing sound so will not commend on it (will leave it to your experienced ears) but that it will be just a tad warmer coming from the ELE. I've also match it to the BH for the last 2 days and the results I'm getting is very good.

Just sharing my little thoughts here and will be awaiting eagerly for your impression of the combination.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #2,502 of 3,421
The sabre is super cheap aswell, got 2 in the house here. One with the laptop and one on my wifes pc, the sabre sounds better than many more pricey dacs for sure.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #2,503 of 3,421
It was fine for about 3-4 months. After about the third time of charging thats when it had charging issues.

Just stating my opinion. No need to jump down my throat.

I didn't jump down anyone's throat. I meerly stated some facts which people reading this need to know. Otherwise people will read this and think the BH2 is a different amp to the BH. If your unit failed that fast it was likely faulty from the start. Something in it was dodgey enough to fail after only two charge cycles, such a component is unlikely to ever have operated correctly.

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #2,504 of 3,421
I didn't jump down anyone's throat. I meerly stated some facts which people reading this need to know. Otherwise people will read this and think the BH2 is a different amp to the BH. If your unit failed that fast it was likely faulty from the start. Something in it was dodgey enough to fail after only two charge cycles, such a component is unlikely to ever have operated correctly.

Have you heard both the bh1 and bh2? Until you have, you cant state your so-called facts.

Ive heard not just 1 but 2 bh1 amps and both times I heard them I couldnt tell if the bass was better than my old fiio e6. With the bh2 it was a slightly more obvious which was better.

This is my observation. I never said it was a fact.

If youve never heard the bh1 and bh2 then you dont even have a right to come and claim your facts.

Everyone hears things differently. Some people love the s4 iem. Others think its garbage.

It doesnt even matter anymore as the bh1 is no longer available.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #2,505 of 3,421
Hi H20, i have been listening to the CKN70 with my netbook>Hifimediy Sabre Dac>BH2 on output 1 with LF on. I would like members here to try out this combination as I'm having a rocking good time with this setup. 

The overall sound with and without the BH2 was very apparent to my ears. I couldn't resist posting it here even though I know I don't have the know how to put in words what I'm hearing. The bass is thumping deep with with a nice weight to it and rarely bleeds into the mids. The mids gain some more body to it and is brought forward a little and felt more in line with the highs and lows. Highs maintains it's good extension and have a much smoother response reducing listening fatique which i experience without the BH2.

Overall, CKN70 with this combination sounds more balance than a slight U shape when without the BH2. All things like soudstage and airiness are all still intact and the BH2 lends a little more body to the overall sound.

It must be noted that this is my own experience with the combination and I like how it actually panned out for me and your YMMV as all of us hears differently in some ways.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back