C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jun 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #2,462 of 3,421
Jun 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2,463 of 3,421
Boo... But man comparing the c&c to the Pico slim and arrow is somewhat surprising. I found the perfect match for the BH2

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #2,464 of 3,421
Well I got my replacement bh2 today. The original bh I had was defective (battery wouldnt charge) and couple of things I noticed btw the 2 versions.

1) The volume knob feels different. In the original one when turning on or off there was a "magnetized" click. The force when turning on or off felt magnetized. Hard to describe. With the bh2 there is no "magnetized" feel. It just clicks on/off. There is no satisfying click. Feels a bit mushy. The volume knob is still loose as usual.

Can anyone with a bh2 check your knob to see what I mean?

2) Now it may just be a placebo but the bass feels a bit deeper. When I used my original bh I felt my fiio e6 had a stronger bass impact. But with the bh2, it definitely feels stronger than the fiio e6. Like I said it may just be placebo.

3) The headphone jacks feel tighter. I can tell.

4) The bh2 seems to have better EMI shielding than the original one. Maybe my original bh had bad EMI shielding but the bh2 seems better at blocking EMI. Its still too early to tell.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #2,465 of 3,421
The bh2 has a very satisfying volume control. The on/off is great.

Pollychen is refunding me some money for the misplace straps. Makes its a better deal than before

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #2,466 of 3,421
The bh2 has a very satisfying volume control. The on/off is great.

Pollychen is refunding me some money for the misplace straps. Makes its a better deal than before

Win!

Now you just need some of these bad boys:

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #2,467 of 3,421
Ok i got my bh2 from pollychen delivered to the uk within 5 working days.. so far i'm so pleased with this little amp..will post a picture of my rig very soon..
basshead.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #2,468 of 3,421
Ok i got my bh2 from pollychen delivered to the uk within 5 working days.. so far i'm so pleased with this little amp..will post a picture of my rig very soon..
basshead.gif

You made the right decision, my friend!

Look forward to seeing the photos of your BH rig:) they'll get featured in the second post of this thread along with the rest of the BH rigs here.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #2,471 of 3,421
After playing around with the BH2 maybe it's not a placebo at all but, the bass is deeper and more impactful than the BH1.  Just a tad bit.  I know I'm not imaging things.

The volume pot is definitely different.  When turning on/off it sounds different as well.  The BH1 had a "laser" sound when turning off.  The BH2 just has a click.

There is some strange "empty noise" kind of like the sound you hear when you turn up a speaker but nothing is playing.  Granted every audio has this but when the volume knob is at the 8-10 o'clock position is when it's the loudest.  At the lowest volume level and the highest volume level (1am), the "empty noise" is not as noticeable.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.  Holy hell, I plugged/unpluged the ASML 3.5 interconnect into my source when the BH2 was on and it nealy blew out my eardrum.  BE CAREFUL!  I tried the 3.5 interconnect that came with the BH2 and it's not as loud when plugging/unplugging from the source.  There definitely is a louder pop when plugging/unplugging from the source on the BH2 compared to the BH1.

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #2,472 of 3,421
Here's the BK in my portable setup feeding a ZO.  I think these are great little amps with plenty of power.  A definite step up to me from the E-11. 

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2,473 of 3,421
Here's the BK in my portable setup feeding a ZO.  I think these are great little amps with plenty of power.  A definite step up to me from the E-11. 

Wow, lugging all that around should give you massive biceps... no need to go to the gym lmao

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #2,474 of 3,421
cool photos and congrats on joining BH club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back