C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #1,306 of 3,421
Quote:
Sinth, is this ZO you bought or the amp which is under BH in your photo?

Hi mate, I bought the ZO2 (unboxed). The other amp underneath is my Ibasso P3+ (just for showing possible combinations)

C&C BH - Output 2,  makes sense, seems a neutral throughput. Works really well out of 2 into the ZO2. Funny how you stumble across things rather than guidance, mids are pronounced via output 1 which you all probably know but finding a use for output 2 is also good to know.

There is just not enough time in the day but the C&C amp is versatile. Considering how sceptical I was, what a fun toy that doesn`t mind being bypassed (but still controls the volume)

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #1,307 of 3,421
-

Mar 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #1,308 of 3,421
Sinth, i also have ZO and double amping with BH either direction in my case yielded noise and hiss... I tried this with two outputs and that did not change much. However i confess i used high gain mode because in low gain BH would make less sense with my c3. In any case bass boost compromised transparency and airness of presentation. It takes sometime to listen and compare because first impressions can be pleasantly misleading.

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,309 of 3,421
Anyone knows the output impedance in the c&c?
Thanks, it's a very important thing for a balanced armature iem.
2 ohms on output 1. I could be mistaken on output 2, but i believe its 75ohms.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #1,310 of 3,421
75 omhs? Wow, thats too much for a ba iem. The output2 is just for full cans.
How about quality of output 1? I think is theonly I could use with ba.
Thanks.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #1,311 of 3,421
Hi, I just got my BH and after few hours of testing, I'm getting a very disturbing noise especially in the right channel.
It's getting more and more present if I increase the volume past half.
Is this normal or might be my unit defective?

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #1,312 of 3,421
Quote:
Hi, I just got my BH and after few hours of testing, I'm getting a very disturbing noise especially in the right channel.

Which output are you using? I've found that output 1 is too much power for my AD900x (38ohm) while output 2 allows me to use most of the volume pot without any problems.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #1,313 of 3,421

What headphone / IEM are you running?

Can you please try another IEM or headphone and see if the noise still occurs. (I know it sounds strange)

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #1,314 of 3,421
Quote:

Exactly like my experience. It's very odd as it seems to be related to the internals picking up EMI or something - it happens randomly and might not happen for a few days and then occur again. It's not related to the output used or the headphones used. The BH is dead silent with USB DACs though, so it's safe to say that my BH has been grounded and stationed as a desktop amp for now.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #1,315 of 3,421
Quote:

Which output are you using? I've found that output 1 is too much power for my AD900x (38ohm) while output 2 allows me to use most of the volume pot without any problems.

I've tried with both 1 and 2 output. The first one has more noise, but I can still hear it in the second one.
I'm using the AKG K550 at home and the Koss DJ100 at work.
I'm using the HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC and FLAC as source.

BTW removing the amp and just using the DAC I can hear no noises at all.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #1,317 of 3,421
Quote:

I've tried with both 1 and 2 output. The first one has more noise, but I can still hear it in the second one.
I'm using the AKG K550 at home and the Koss DJ100 at work.
I'm using the HiFimeDIY Sabre DAC and FLAC as source.

BTW removing the amp and just using the DAC I can hear no noises at all.

Well, I just tested it with a Fiio E7 and the ELE DAC and it was dead silent but I guess it could happen in the future. I'll get my Hifimediy DAC today or tomorrow and report back on the synergy and if the BH is acting up again.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #1,318 of 3,421
Quote:
Exactly like my experience. It's very odd as it seems to be related to the internals picking up EMI or something - it happens randomly and might not happen for a few days and then occur again. It's not related to the output used or the headphones used. The BH is dead silent with USB DACs though, so it's safe to say that my BH has been grounded and stationed as a desktop amp for now.

I've been carrying it around with me since the day I got it and not having any weird noises whatsoever. Even though I carry it close to my mobile phone as well.

It's possible you two have defective units.

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #1,319 of 3,421
Quote:

I've been carrying it around with me since the day I got it and not having any weird noises whatsoever. Even though I carry it close to my mobile phone as well.

It'a not picking up EMI from outside but it's probably carried through the cable from the source as my two phones are sitting next to the BH while connected to the ELE and it's still dead silent.

Mar 7, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #1,320 of 3,421
Quote:

My usual luck
frown.gif

I'll contact the vendor and check what we could do.

Thanks everybody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back