C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 7, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #1,321 of 3,421
Pierg, this is weird, you right to contact your vendor, if i would be you i would ask to exchange the amp (fixing takes longer and results not always best). i see no point in keeping faulty new equipment unless this is dirt cheap and not worth your postal charges.
frown.gif

yep, my BH gladly is dead silent, no hiss no noise... perhaps i was lucky.

[size=10pt]@Kova - man, why you do not send your amp back for exchanging is beyond my understanding. i would not bother with any product which does not work as advertised. i also believe Pollychen will gladly assist you on this. i remember purhcasing some good relatively expensive valves for my amplifier from Hong Kong ... two sets were malfunction and i sent them back at no cost and got new sets. i find HK merchants very kind and great to deal with, they can be very helpful. i was always happy with treatment from them.[/size]

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #1,322 of 3,421
[size=10pt]-[/size]

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #1,323 of 3,421
I've never had any noticeable background noise from any IEM I've used on Output 1 and I tried Output 2 once and it did hiss quite a bit but if its 75 ohms I see why.

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #1,324 of 3,421
It'a not picking up EMI from outside but it's probably carried through the cable from the source as my two phones are sitting next to the BH while connected to the ELE and it's still dead silent.
The ELE may not have galvanic isolation from the PC, especially because its so cheap. This will cause the dirty power from the PC be able to creep into your signal chain causing the noise you describe.

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #1,325 of 3,421
I've never had any noticeable background noise from any IEM I've used on Output 1 and I tried Output 2 once and it did hiss quite a bit but if its 75 ohms I see why.
Features:

1. professionally designed low-impedance headphones special batteries in portable amp, smaller than a credit card (aluminum case projection), the thickness of a 9-type aluminum alloy pot limit;
2. dual output headphone jack, OUT2 with a high-quality PtoB impedance line, listening to music for 2 people;
3. with the gain selector switch, to adapt to a wider range;
4. dive + low frequency sound field expansion of special compensation to make up the majority of less than headphones, sound is more perfect;
5. imported high quality fever potential, selection of matching left and right balance, ensure the sound quality;
6. using large-capacity high performance lithium polymer battery with charge and discharge protection;
7. Built-in smart charging circuit voltage will not overcharge, can listen to music while charging;
8. all tantalum capacitors + red WIMA coupling enthusiast, isolated power supply design, the sound is more pure;
9. Maximum output power: 300mW +300 mW;
10. headphone adapter Impedance: 8-300Ω;
11.THD + N: <0.001%;
12. Frequency response :10-100kHz / 1dB;
13. Long life time: about 80 hours;
14. Pocket size, Size: 76 * 57 * 13mm (aluminum housing);
15. Weight (including batteries): 100g;
16. Charging Power Interface: 5V0.5A DC, Universal miniUSB interface.
17.signal noise ratio :110dB

Again in regards to output 2 being the P-->B circuit means its made for the etymotic ER-4P that turns it into the ER-4B which needs a 75ohm resistor, therefore im coming to the conclusion that its output impedance is 75ohms.

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #1,326 of 3,421
Output2 works very strangely with Hybird IEM's. It boosts the bass and smooths out the mid range among other things. Yet a BA like klipsch x10 will react I'n an oppisite fashion. Bass settles and mid range becomes clearer or slightly brighter. Strange circuit.

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #1,327 of 3,421
Quote:
The ELE may not have galvanic isolation from the PC, especially because its so cheap. This will cause the dirty power from the PC be able to creep into your signal chain causing the noise you describe.

I have zero issues with the ELE DAC - the weird noises (mostly in the right channel happened twice with both my Asus Xonar DGX and DSX and once with my C3. It's weird because as I said it may work fine for 40 hours straight and then happen and can't stop and then the next day it's fine again. And frankly after all the issues with the customs and the money I paid I really don't want to bother returning it and waiting a month or two to get it back fixed or a new one that may still have the same issues as due to the nature of the problem pollychen can test it and it still can be the same on random occasions. Anyway, it is fine with USB DACs and I haven't had the same issue. Also, I got my Hifimediy Sabre DAC few hours ago and I have no issues with it so far - the treble gets a little bit hot but damn the clarity of the combo with the BH is on another level.

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #1,328 of 3,421
Kova, since replacement must come at no cost for you i wonder why you would not try? if i would be you i would and waiting a few weeks to get fine product makes sense to me.

H20, interesting findings about output 2. i tried this once but my EB50 did not sound good with it ... however i do not remember noise or hiss issues with it... will try it again out of curiousity.

i also do not see a big problem to exchange a 90$ amp if there is no additional cost involved. paying postal one way won't be overly expensive. from my experience sending from Austria to HK with insurance cost me 15 euros and Austria is by far not the cheapest country especially in what concerns services is one of most expensive one.

H20, i see you again changed your conclusive signature to Ck4+, so where is Rocoo BA now?
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,329 of 3,421
Quote:
Kova, since replacement must come at no cost for you i wonder why you would not try? if i would be you i would and waiting a few weeks to get fine product makes sense to me.

H20, interesting findings about output 2. i tried this once but my EB50 did not sound good with it ... however i do not remember noise or hiss issues with it... will try it again out of curiousity.

i also do not see a big problem to exchange a 90$ amp if there is no additional cost involved. paying postal one way won't be overly expensive. from my experience sending from Austria to HK with insurance cost me 15 euros and Austria is by far not the cheapest country especially in what concerns services is one of most expensive one.

Well, it's just a PITA. It already cost me close to $160 and I'll have to pay like 15 bucks for shipping then wait a few weeks to arrive to pollychen. Then wait some more to get it shipped back fixed or replaced. Then wait 3-4 weeks to arrive to me might be even double that time as China Post is super slow and my latest experience with it has been clocking at around 50 days for all of the stuff I ordered. And then probably try to explain at the customs if they hold the package again that I've already paid taxes and deal with more BS. It's just too much work and waiting for something that doesn't even have particularly good synergy with my portable sources or my iems. I'll keep it as it is - paired with the Sabre DAC as I like the combo and have no issues with it and probably get a higher-end portable amp some time in the future.

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,330 of 3,421
I do prefer the Out 2 myself as I think it tames some of the music to my liking, I would even use out 2 with higher gain then out 1 on lower gain. I am charging it for the first time and only because I have a flight coming up and don't want it to die, not like it actually ran out of battery, it was still going.

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #1,331 of 3,421
Btw, I've been testing all my iems with the BH and Sabre DAC combo and the difference to the C3+BH is night and day - it's not even fair comparing them. That's just proving my point that the C3 and the BH don't have good synergy and the BH needs a powerful source to shine and turns out that the weak link was the synergy between the two and not the synergy between my headphones and the BH. And as I won't be changing the C3 as my DAP on the go, it's safe to say that it just wasn't meant to be my new portable amp and instead will be stationed permanently as my desktop amp. 

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #1,332 of 3,421
Quote:
Features:

1. professionally designed low-impedance headphones special batteries in portable amp, smaller than a credit card (aluminum case projection), the thickness of a 9-type aluminum alloy pot limit;
2. dual output headphone jack, OUT2 with a high-quality PtoB impedance line, listening to music for 2 people;
3. with the gain selector switch, to adapt to a wider range;
4. dive + low frequency sound field expansion of special compensation to make up the majority of less than headphones, sound is more perfect;
5. imported high quality fever potential, selection of matching left and right balance, ensure the sound quality;
6. using large-capacity high performance lithium polymer battery with charge and discharge protection;
7. Built-in smart charging circuit voltage will not overcharge, can listen to music while charging;
8. all tantalum capacitors + red WIMA coupling enthusiast, isolated power supply design, the sound is more pure;
9. Maximum output power: 300mW +300 mW;
10. headphone adapter Impedance: 8-300Ω;
11.THD + N: <0.001%;
12. Frequency response :10-100kHz / 1dB;
13. Long life time: about 80 hours;
14. Pocket size, Size: 76 * 57 * 13mm (aluminum housing);
15. Weight (including batteries): 100g;
16. Charging Power Interface: 5V0.5A DC, Universal miniUSB interface.
17.signal noise ratio :110dB

Again in regards to output 2 being the P-->B circuit means its made for the etymotic ER-4P that turns it into the ER-4B which needs a 75ohm resistor, therefore im coming to the conclusion that its output impedance is 75ohms.

Yeah I totally forgot about that, I remember you pointing that out awhile back.

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,333 of 3,421
On Output 2 the e-Q5 get super bright to where it goes sibilant and the bass is much more toned down.  I don't see how if it gets the e-Q5 that bright someone could listen to the Ety ER-4 through that, I would think it would destroy your ears after awhile.

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #1,334 of 3,421
On Output 2 the e-Q5 get super bright to where it goes sibilant and the bass is much more toned down.  I don't see how if it gets the e-Q5 that bright someone could listen to the Ety ER-4 through that, I would think it would destroy your ears after awhile.
Yeah, when you plug a low impedance headphone into a high impedance output, the treble region sky rockets on the frequency response graph. Always follow the 1/8 impedance rule for best compatibility. For example, a 2 ohm output, the lowest recommended headphone would be 16 ohms.

No, the Ety ER-4P in output 2 sounds absolutely amazing, it makes the P version sound veiled.

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #1,335 of 3,421
The ER-4 is one IEM I haven't tried that I've always wanted to hear so I'm going to have to get a pair sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back