C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Mar 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #1,336 of 3,421
The ER-4 is one IEM I haven't tried that I've always wanted to hear so I'm going to have to get a pair sometime.
The ER-4 has been relevant for over a decade, you won't regret it.

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #1,337 of 3,421
Kova, since replacement must come at no cost for you i wonder why you would not try? if i would be you i would and waiting a few weeks to get fine product makes sense to me.

H20, interesting findings about output 2. i tried this once but my EB50 did not sound good with it ... however i do not remember noise or hiss issues with it... will try it again out of curiousity.

i also do not see a big problem to exchange a 90$ amp if there is no additional cost involved. paying postal one way won't be overly expensive. from my experience sending from Austria to HK with insurance cost me 15 euros and Austria is by far not the cheapest country especially in what concerns services is one of most expensive one.

H20, i see you again changed your conclusive signature to Ck4+, so where is Rocoo BA now? :wink:

Gintaras, if you were to follow my signature as a purchase guideline this hobby for you would become very expensive. Meaning it's always changing, could be weekly, monthly, which ever set up I'm getting the most from at that time.. I've told you the CK4 cannot be beaten when amped from the line out.

Btw, you're going to love your RDB+ V1 they have really grown on me, but the cable will play an important role in your synergy.

On Output 2 the e-Q5 get super bright to where it goes sibilant and the bass is much more toned down.  I don't see how if it gets the e-Q5 that bright someone could listen to the Ety ER-4 through that, I would think it would destroy your ears after awhile.

Almost reaches H-100 brightness levels. :p

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,338 of 3,421
Quote:
Almost reaches H-100 brightness levels.
size]

It really does and I can't have that awful noise coming from such a wonderful sounding IEM but at least the mids didn't sound like a 1920's AM radio. 
size]

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #1,339 of 3,421
Quote:

Yeah that to.

Why are you thinking of selling them if you don't mind me asking?

They really do sound awesome and the more I listen to them and then go back and listen to the SM3 (before I mail them to the guy that bought them) I always come out liking the sound quality and signature of the e-Q5 over the SM3.  I can honestly say that I didn't expect the e-Q5 to equal and even surpass the SM3 in sound quality at times.

I really don't use them enough mate and want them to go to a good home.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that I prefer micro-driver IEMs now like the Yamaha EPH-100 and ATH CKN70. Mainly for their speed, accuracy and resolution.

Will be putting up my e-Q5 for sale on Head-Fi today.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #1,340 of 3,421
H20, yes, i am not going follow you in this as that involves too many in and out trades for which i have no time.
however one idea i am toying is purchasing AK100 + T1 :))))))))))))))
people praise T1 a lot and this is not overly expensive like The International or Pico Slim or Predator.

yes, i still wait for my RDB+, takes time from manufacturer, i am sure to love them and when have them will share my impression. i hope RDB+ will be a final stop for me.

as for CK4+ as much as i wish to buy it i found too many quality issues people write about in various forums. so i gladly use C3 which i find to be worth every penny. Rocoo isa  nice player but not cheap and AK100 seems to be a nicer one and amped should have no issues with IEMs. sure AK100 is more expensive but paying once is better than paying twice and Rocoo lacks some features and UI friendliness.

in the end i believe C3 + BH is a great combo... problem is this nice combo made me even more curious and as you know curiousity killed a cat... in my case the cat is my wallet
L3000.gif

NB: never could understand why Kova says C3 lacks synergy with BH, but when i have more gadgets to play around perhaps i can see if he was right or not. until now my C3+BH+EB50 is all great sounding that i hardly can wish more for this money.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #1,341 of 3,421
Quote:

I really don't use them enough mate and want them to go to a good home.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that I prefer micro-driver IEMs now like the Yamaha EPH-100 and ATH CKN70. Mainly for their speed, accuracy and resolution.

Will be putting up my e-Q5 for sale on Head-Fi today.

What you mentioned about the speed, accuracy and resolution is exactly what I get from the e-Q5, I liked the EPH-100 but it sounded a bit subdued and the highs had a metallic tinge to them.  We all have are preferences though and I almost bought a pair of the AT CKN70 2 weeks ago.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #1,342 of 3,421
i just tried both outputs on my BH... one word WoW...

first i compared hissing out1 vs. out2.

in my BH out2 was cleaner even with high gain ... and with gain off out2 was dead silent at half volume and only minor hissing at full volume

out1 hissing clearly audible with high gain, with gain Off hissing is less audible but still there.

to me it appears out2 is cleaner compared ot out1.

soundwise, i found out2 most clean and nice sounding when Gain, LF and SF buttons are switched OFF.
sound is neutral and well layered but is somehow bit clinical or mechanical if you like.
i did not like Gain button engaged in out2.

out1 was more pleasing to my ear with Gain button engaged and LF On... as concerns SF it boils down to personal taste and type of music you listening. some people like SF On all the time.

out2 with disengaged Gain button is more refined and neutral, but is more pleasing when both SF and LF remain engaged (On)

funny, after listening to BH for several weeks i now begin to discover some new approach to listening and re-discover out2 which is not bad at all, actually for some people this might be even better sounding than out1, depends on IEMs or phones you using.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #1,343 of 3,421

in my BH out2 was cleaner even with high gain ... and with gain off out2 was dead silent at half volume and only minor hissing at full volume

out1 hissing clearly audible with high gain, with gain Off hissing is less audible but still there.

soundwise, i found out2 most clean and nice sounding when Gain, LF and SF buttons are switched OFF.
sound is neutral and well layered but is somehow bit clinical or mechanical if you like.

out1 was more pleasing to my ear with Gain button engaged and LF On... as concerns SF it boils down to personal taste and type of music you listening. some people like SF On all the time.

out2 with disengaged Gain button is more refined and neutral, but is more pleasing when both SF and LF remain engaged (On)

funny, after listening to BH for several weeks i now begin to discover some new approach to listening and re-discover out2 which is not bad at all, actually for some people this might be even better sounding than out1, depends on IEMs or phones you using.

This is pretty much my experience with the BH, too. Hardly ever use out1, just out2 for the reasons you mentioned. I'm not as in love with the SF switch anymore, but LF tends to be on on mine.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #1,344 of 3,421
Quote:

Ditto here!

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #1,345 of 3,421
Quote:

What you mentioned about the speed, accuracy and resolution is exactly what I get from the e-Q5, I liked the EPH-100 but it sounded a bit subdued and the highs had a metallic tinge to them.  We all have are preferences though and I almost bought a pair of the AT CKN70 2 weeks ago.

Hmm... I find them slow at times tho mate.

Like I said they really dont get enough use with me, especially for the price that I paid for them. So I want them to go to a good home.

Btw, I know what you mean about Yamaha's top end sounding a little metally. I dont really mind that though, to my ears it just adds a little crispness to the treble at times.

I really have fallen in love with the Yams. Hence why I wanna continue down the micro-driver road.

My next purchase will most likely be the ATH CKN70s, people seem to be loving them.

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #1,346 of 3,421
Well the C&C BH works great with the HE-400 and has plenty of power to make the headphones shine.  The HE-400 sound absolutely amazing and if you have never heard a good set of headphones like me your missing out because no IEM I've heard has the over all quality that these do.

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,347 of 3,421
Well the C&C BH works great with the HE-400 and has plenty of power to make the headphones shine.  The HE-400 sound absolutely amazing and if you have never heard a good set of headphones like me your missing out because no IEM I've heard has the over all quality that these do.

Damn you!! You know you are punishing my wallet. Haven't tried headphones yet but I know I am going to have to pull the trigger soon, how did you decide on these?

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1,348 of 3,421
I know someone mentioned ordering a BH to California. I'm curious how long it took to arrive if ordered from Pollychen. More interested in west coast timing than east.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back