C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #511 of 3,421
Maybe they dont need an amp, but the built-in ones on apple products are just terrible. Problem is, you dont realize it until you get to this level of an amp. You wont reach its full potential if you double amp, so i recommend LOD out.

That's what i'm planning, is to use a FiiO LOD cable and with it. Same one I'm using now with my E11.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #512 of 3,421
Honestly, BH makes my Colorfly CK4 , C3, and Hifiman HM-601's headphone outs sound average in comparison, those are not cheap players. Every source I've tried gains some improvements, even the mighty Clip+, ipod touch to my old school Sony Mini Disc player. The amp takes what's there and improves the signal for you, expands the stage, increases detail, clarity, all it needs is a decent signal to extract from, how good that original signal is will depend on your outcome. However, of course what ever is being driven will sound better than the headphone out alone, whether it needs to be amped or not imo. Many members reporting positive results with low impedance IEM for example. You can see this by all the positive reports members are giving confirming.

I do highly recommend using line outs though, only headphone out if LOD is not available.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #513 of 3,421
I also just wanna say it's awesome to see us finally agreeing on something lol

It didint happen with regards to the T-Peos haha

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #514 of 3,421
I also just wanna say it's awesome to see us finally agreeing on something lol

It didint happen with regards to the T-Peos haha

Well, I hope you enjoy the amp, it is a clear upgrade over E11, you should be mighty impressed from where I'm standing. I do recommend switching out your FiiO LOD, but you can look into that at a later date.

I don't like saying it to much, but If I'm just going to put it out there, BH puts FiiO E11 to absolute shame.

Now other members have confirmed, I can say that with 100% confidence.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #515 of 3,421
H2O is just helping me go deaf a little faster because I can't stop listening through this amp, it is just phenomenal for a $100.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #516 of 3,421
That's settled then I will be ordering it tomorrow through szclever88 seller on ebay.

I guess the only thing I find strange is that this amp is older by manufacture than the E11 yet we only stumble upon it now. 2 years after its released...

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #517 of 3,421
H2O is just helping me go deaf a little faster because I can't stop listening through this amp, it is just phenomenal for a $100.

Consume in moderation. :smile:

That's settled then I will be ordering it tomorrow through szclever88 seller on ebay.

I guess the only thing I find strange is that this amp is older by manufacture than the E11 yet we only stumble upon it now. 2 years after its released...

I guess sometimes things slip through the radar on Western audiophile forums being a Chinese brand. FiiO's probably lucky it did go unnoticed for some time. :tongue_smile:

I really wasn't expecting this much attention originally, for most parts want the thread to feed from members opinions, not mine.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #518 of 3,421
Quote:
Actually I have listened alot with my DT880 and they get very detailing because of the extra highs, but no harshness or treble fatigue for me. And for my MDR-1R they get that extra treble to make em more enjoyable. Looking forward to try the BH with my Mad Dogs when i have ordered and got em here, will be fun to see if it can satisfy them. The new upgrade Leather ALPHA Pads looks so nice, hard to not order now.

Looking forward to your results with the T50's. I have a couple and also bunch of vintage orthos, not the most sensitive things, so something like this is a necessity for portable use when the weather gets a bit better.
Just barely scraping by selectively with the amp I now have.

You're gonna be impressed with the cans I bet, if you have not heard one before ( a decent mod )
Lff's Paradox is the other contender, unless you want to DIY.

Expecting this amp will do them the justice they deserve, do let me know.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #520 of 3,421
Where do you buy this from ?

Ebay ? Can you give me a few links.

Anything from China unfortunately has a solemn threat of fake stuff even Fiio started having the ability to check serial numbers on its website but from everyone's testimony this is becoming very much appealing especially hearing from a user who uses the same source. 

Can anyone affirm its bass quality ? Excels E11 and cMoy as well ? (Note the cMoy's bass boost) What about E17, I will be trying out E17 soon, so i will understand better what you are saying.

E17 won Editors Choice award
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/2012-editors-choice-awards?page=0,21

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #521 of 3,421
Most members have been purchasing here through pollychen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-NEW-/251050614620?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item3a73c85f5c&_uhb=1

Yes, better bass quality than both E11 and CmoyBB, (I've had both) makes E11 sound muddy and veiled. and Cmoy sound bloated. Through pages of the thread I have mentioned the improvement in bass texture. It's not a huge amount of quantity using the LF switch, around the same as E11 on EQ1, but much...much cleaner.

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #522 of 3,421
Going to order it today from pollychen.

Btw, what LOD cable would you guys recommend to use with this amp and iPod classic?

Thinking about ditching the FiiO one lol

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #523 of 3,421
Quote:
Going to order it today from pollychen.

Btw, what LOD cable would you guys recommend to use with this amp and iPod classic?

Thinking about ditching the FiiO one lol

This is a good LOD cable - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Line-Out-Dock-LOD-Cable-iPhone-iPod-iTouch-Nano-/280663507865?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4158d94399

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #524 of 3,421
I'd recommend something silver plated like Techo Kid linked., some members have been reporting pure silver is a touch bright. Silver plated will give you more air, detail, over copper. Have a look on eBay under "iPod lod" at some options also.

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #525 of 3,421
Ok thanks guys!

I've had a look and found 2 cheaper ones...

One is copper plated:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PURE-Copper-LOD-Line-Out-Dock-for-ipod-/281053412902?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Cables_Adapters&hash=item417016be26

The other is silver plated:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-Plated-OFC-LOD-Line-Out-Dock-for-iPod-/281053419415?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Cables_Adapters&hash=item417016d797

Also this is a silver plated one from HK:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-silver-plated-LOD-cable-for-iphone-ipod-i-touch-/270971592884?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3f172a60b4

-----

Which would you recommend?

PS. That second one caught my eye...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back