C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #421 of 3,421
But crossfeed doesn't widen the channels. That's what I've been trying to say.

What crossfeed does is actually detrimental to the width of soundstage. It tries to converge the left and right channels, so at the end, you have everything layered up in the middle rather than to the two sides.

It's like an in-between of mono and stereo sound.

If you want to experience it, Foobar has some crossfeed plugins that you can use. If you're on a Mac, you can use Fidelia's built-in Headphone FX feature.

What the SF switch does is the exact opposite of what crossfeed would do.

yes, and I wasn't disagreeing, I was saying that the channels widen and end up more transparent, making the illusion of croasfeeded channels than actually crossfeeding them

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #422 of 3,421
Quote:
yes, and I wasn't disagreeing, I was saying that the channels widen and end up more transparent, making the illusion of croasfeeded channels than actually crossfeeding them

Well, he's just trying to explain that what the switch does is nothing like what crossfeed does and that includes illision of crossfeed. The thing is that crossfeed narrows the soundstage and puts the music more in front of you rather than to the side, so it has the exact opposite effect of widening the stage.

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #427 of 3,421
Do you think C&C BH is a good match for pairing with Pfe-112 and Colorfly C3 or which amp do you recommend for this combo? Thank you.

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #430 of 3,421
I'm looking for a portable amplifier.

It would be good combination the C & C BH with a Fidelio X1?

Thanks!

It shoud be very good together with the Fidellio X1, but the x1 are already very easy to drive. But some extra refinement you will get depending on what you have from before. The bass boost will help the x1 as they are open and lack abit sub bass.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #431 of 3,421
Quote:
Different opinions on just the BH? Or are you talking about the BH vs the E12?

On the BH versus E12 in terms of pairing them with Q701. I guess I really am quite confusing sometimes. I'm essentially caught in the middle of deciding between a powerful enough amp that can bring about my bottom end on the Q701's (E12) and an amp that'll really help distinguish the Q701's soundstage apart from the rest of the competition (BH). That and the E12 just looks to damn big.

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #432 of 3,421
Not sure how powerful the 701 needs are, and you are after, but you could always look at the XO2  at 1000mw per channel and up to a 24 volt swing. It's the uber BH I think of everytime i am in here. Yet to pull the plug on either but for me it's just a matter of time.

Budget depending of course, it is 3 times the cost of the BH. Well 3 times plus the output of the BH also. And extra goodies.
here is a bit of a review that i also linked in the red text post on the last page
Just putting it out there, feel free to ignore it. I understand the 701 need some juice don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back