C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jan 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #16 of 3,421
Nice find Nick, very interesting read, I saw the reviewer mention a slight pop noise when starting the amp. C&C BH is not immune to this and a similar pop occurs. I really enjoyed that review it gave me even more enthusiasm about this little amp and some background about C&C in general. Looks like these guy's know their stuff! Certainly appears that way from what I'm hearing.

waitaminnit here, I scrolled up and saw they include eartips. what the.... That was in the box or a seller extra??

Yes the tips were in the box ,I assume they come with the sale? Unless of course the seller placed them in there.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #18 of 3,421
Will compare it to the E11 by the end of next week ; )

Excellent miow, can't wait to hear your impressions. Very clean, smooth, crisp. I'll have some more info over the next few days, but I already know I'm really enjoying it!

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 3,421
I thank you H20 for pointing me this out. I feel this is going to be my best biz of 2013.

Will also compare it to the $180 JDSLabs C421 AD2227.

If this exceeds my expectations, let's help this small chinese company making some money.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #20 of 3,421
Nick, I'm sure this thing will do wonders for our $5 MT-300's. Lol & sigh!

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #22 of 3,421
Oh, just a question: is there any Bass Boost switch?

Yes, LF is the bass boost switch. :smile: Here's another review of a C&C Box+ which has the same switches and are explained, I assume they work in a very similar fashion. However the Box+ is an older version, BH is recently new to my understanding. (be sure to read the whole review there's some intresting info about the company)

Thanks to nick n for finding it.

http://yklee118.blogspot.ca/2012/01/c-box-real-world-review.html

And here's some other users impressions of BH in the thread I originally found.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/554449/c-c-bh

That should keep you going for a while. :wink:

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #23 of 3,421
Quote:
It arrived via EMS shipping, I ordered before Christmas and New years Eve, and it arrived in 8 days.
This is actually a very capable amp guy's, I highly recommend it. I am having an absolute ball, flavours my HM-601 and CK4+ line outs in a truly positive way.
I don't think you would be disappointed.

Haha yeh I think I will buy after your excellent write up, I love especially the 2 outputs, one with 75Ohm adapter built-in, in other words, should be a match made in heaven for H-100

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #25 of 3,421
Thanks H20. And what is SF for?

Sure. This is the best description I have found on the SF switch.

Then the last portion here is the part where those seeking for an enhanced sound field experience by allowing a slight amount of phase shifting and crosstalk to expand the sound field thus creating a wide sound-stage

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #26 of 3,421
Quote:

Haha yeh I think I will buy after your excellent write up, I love especially the 2 outputs, one with 75Ohm adapter built-in, in other words, should be a match made in heaven for H-100

It's funny that this was the exact resistance you guys were toying around with recently also with the H-100.

So really, if a separate adapter costs ~$15 then really if you think about it this thing really only costs$85 then if you were going to buy an adapter anyhow..
and if I were to daisychain another E5 or something else to drive some fullsized properly that takes the saved cost down even further making this cheaper still.
yup makes perfect sense.
 it does right...               beuller?   beulller?

There's that and also for some no-so sensitive older orthodynamics here the output on this thing is exactly what i NEED ( not would like, but NEED ) 
Take a lesson here folks on how easy it is to justify things, then try it yourselves.

This has me thinking about the pricier  XO2 model there with the 1000 Mw  per channel outputs, wow. and  [size=large][size=x-small]Headphone Adapter Impedance: 8-600Ω[/size][/size] and some other goodies. the dilemma.

"How can you fool others, unless you first fool yourself"
- JR "Bob" Dobbs

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #28 of 3,421
From the looks of it, I guess that if this amp was coming from another manufacturer in the USA or Europe it would cost $300+. Great discovery bud
wink_face.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #29 of 3,421

Using output 2 my H-100 sound smoother, treble rolls off slightly, low end and mid range is still intact, smoothed over is the best way to describe it, probably why you guy's enjoy the slightly velvety mid range noticeable with vocals. There's plenty of power and I cannot max this amp out at all, (using low gain) H-100 metal housing actually start rattling. :p I've not experienced that for a while since my Hippo VB days. I think you'd seriously do damage to the IEM before the amp itself. And a special note for the clarity with H-100 and this combo.

It's funny that this was the exact resistance you guys were toying around with recently also with the H-100.

So really, if a separate adapter costs ~$15 then really if you think about it this thing really only costs$85 then if you were going to buy an adapter anyhow..
and if I were to daisychain another E5 or something else to drive some fullsized properly that takes the saved cost down even further making this cheaper still.
yup makes perfect sense.
 it does right...               beuller?   beulller?
goodies. the dilemma.
"How can you fool others, unless you first fool yourself"
- JR "Bob" Dobbs

I'd love to try the C&C X02 but it's $300. :eek: With a purchase like that I fear what would happen over years and the battery become unusable any longer?

From the looks of it, I guess that if this amp was coming from another manufacturer in the USA or Europe it would cost $300+. Great discovery bud :wink_face:

No worry's mate. :smile:

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #30 of 3,421
I thank you H20 for pointing me this out. I feel this is going to be my best biz of 2013.

Will also compare it to the $180 JDSLabs C421 AD2227.

If this exceeds my expectations, let's help this small chinese company making some money.

Great news dude. I was realized this amp about 2 months ago, but didn't find detailed information. Then, was focused to JDSLabs C421, Ibasso T5, D4 etc. :smile: Waiting your opinions between E11, C421 and BH.

@H20Fidelity

Thanks for comments. I'm watching this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back