C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Jan 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #31 of 3,421
Quote:
Sure. This is the best description I have found on the SF switch.

Sound Field? Looks like there's a loy in there fir the money. I was checking this one out about a year ago and never pulled the trigger.
I got something else to play with instead that turned out well. If an amp is good it should actually improve the line out from a DAP into a more demanding load. Basically, the added control and dynamics are a greater positive if the amp is clean enough to not cause other issues. E11 is not one of those, for me either. Line out will vary. Things like the DX100 ot Studio would be hard to improve from their HP out but most DAPs can be with the right amp.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #32 of 3,421
Great Write up and find.   I know C&C have been around for quite a few years actually.  You can find old posts and threads.
They weren't talked about much because at the time, the big things were the Ray Samuels products, The first talks of the Pico's, etc...The C&C's were still in Hammond Cases.
This new C&C reminds me of the Little Dot MK1 portable (Same time as the ones mentioned above) Those were actually Amazing little amps, A portable for $130 that had dip sockets you could swap out the Opamps.
Would like to hear a side by side against the e11, I'm looking to upgrade and this new C&C is looking quite nice!!!

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #33 of 3,421
Will order one aswell now, can only compare it with O2 and an STX card when I get it. But I need something portable and this little thing is cheap and interesting with the good battery life.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #34 of 3,421
I have the C&Cxo2, and if it is anything like that then it will be awesome! the only amp that beat it was my Lisa3! the C&C has a very warm fun and enveloping sound!

the xo2 comes with its own IM switch,

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #35 of 3,421
My first post in a while but just thought I would thank this thread for giving me a little excitement. Just ordered the BH via ebay. Roll on the little amp. Will be interesting to see how it compares to my Ibasso P3.

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #41 of 3,421
Quote:

if you like a warm, enveloping, and a tubey sound! the C&Cs, well at least the xo2 is just that! I am surprised they haven't had a bigger footprint on Head-Fi?

shhhhh...! Let me get that xo2 first at $300, before they get famous and it raises to $600. Just between you and me of course ; )

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #43 of 3,421
Quote:
I'll be using a LOD pure silver cable for this. Just ordered from Chris Himself's.

yes that will be a good match,

I luv all silver innerconnects, as they will really bring out details instrument seperation, and an airier soundstage!

I am currently using 3 all solid silver innerconnects in my portable rig? and all made by Ted/ Chris_Himself! a usb LOD from my iPod to the CLAS, a 9cm 3.5 between the CLAS and my GS Voyager, and another shorter 3.5 between the Voyager and my ZO v1! well whats one mans portable is anothers home rig! lol, and finally an all silver IEM cable by Ted going from the ZO to my ASG-1.2s! I am very very much in luv with the sound I am getting from it all!

so your off to a great start!

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #44 of 3,421
Sound Field? Looks like there's a loy in there fir the money. I was checking this one out about a year ago and never pulled the trigger.
[/URL]
I got something else to play with instead that turned out well. If an amp is good it should actually improve the line out from a DAP into a more demanding load. Basically, the added control and dynamics are a greater positive if the amp is clean enough to not cause other issues. E11 is not one of those, for me either. Line out will vary. Things like the DX100 ot Studio would be hard to improve from their HP out but most DAPs can be with the right amp.

Yes, sound field switch. :smile: I'm achieving best results from HM-601 line out atm. Nice, smooth, plenty of power on tap, this amp also improves stereo greatly on all the sources I've tried, stage depth is also noteworthy. I spent three hours listening last night and my initial impressions haven't changed, if anything I'm liking it even more. Size, power and most of SQ. I can safely say this surpasses my old E11 and can't wait to get some impressions in to confirm that. Cleaner, smoother, everything blends nicely. And we're creeping up past 10 hours so far, I'll be keeping a tab on the claimed 80 hours battery life.

Here's some more size comparisons with players we're more familiar with - (without bands on the amp)

Thanks everyone else for all your input about this.

I'll be using a LOD pure silver cable for this. Just ordered from Chris Himself's.

I went for this one. I like my copper! :wink:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261014236655?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Jan 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #45 of 3,421
Man, if you don't use LOD you are mixing the amps of both your PMP and portable AMP. The result is a much muddy and congested sound than using LOD that bypasses your PMP's crap amp. GET A COPPER OR SILVER, BUT LOD!!! Change your player if it doesn't have Line Out Dock. You don't know what you've been loosing ; ) 

BTW the size of the amp is amazing. So small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back