Bye Bye Head-fi (for a little while)
Feb 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

akasan

Head-Fier
I'm mostly a lurker here but I would say that this site has cost me upwards of $1000 since I first started. But now it's over. It started with the e2c's, then I moved to the e3's then I moved to the e4(scl4) then to the se210's which some jr salesman convinced me were on par with the e4 (they are not) then last year I got the se420's (which are the only pair of shures up to this date not to have the wires crap out while on the other hand I had to replace the e4's three times). I also got the sony ex700's (harsh sounding until I fitted them with comply long tips but even then, isolation is not as good as shure) When I first visited here, I thought, who are these crazy people buying headphones for upwards of 50$ but now, finally, I have reach the top of the mountain. Last week, I finally did it and bought the SE530's. Paired with my sony player, they are perfect. And then I pulled out the 80 gb ipod classic thats been sitting unused in my desk since the first week I bought it and pulled in the shures and I was like What? Is that NON-DISTORTED BASS that I am hearing? (I use the electronic eq setting). Am I hearing an open high end? With these, the IPOD (GAG) actually sounds good and enjoyable. So thats it for me (until Sony comes out with a 64+ gb player don't care if it's touch screen or not). I know that the Westone 3's are rated better and there are ie8's but the se530-ipod combo is good enough for me (Cannot believe I am saying this.)

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by akasan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....(Cannot believe I am saying this.)

Nor can anyone else here.

See you tomorrow.

wink.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 40
Quote:

I'm mostly a lurker here but I would say that this site has cost me upwards of $1000 since I first started. But now it's over. It started with the e2c's, then I moved to the e3's then I moved to the e4(scl4) then to the se210's which some jr salesman convinced me were on par with the e4 (they are not) then last year I got the se420's (which are the only pair of shures up to this date not to have the wires crap out while on the other hand I had to replace the e4's three times). I also got the sony ex700's (harsh sounding until I fitted them with comply long tips but even then, isolation is not as good as shure) When I first visited here, I thought, who are these crazy people buying headphones for upwards of 50$ but now, finally, I have reach the top of the mountain. Last week, I finally did it and bought the SE530's. Paired with my sony player, they are perfect. And then I pulled out the 80 gb ipod classic thats been sitting unused in my desk since the first week I bought it and pulled in the shures and I was like What? Is that NON-DISTORTED BASS that I am hearing? (I use the electronic eq setting). Am I hearing an open high end? With these, the IPOD (GAG) actually sounds good and enjoyable. So thats it for me (until Sony comes out with a 64+ gb player don't care if it's touch screen or not). I know that the Westone 3's are rated better and there are ie8's but the se530-ipod combo is good enough for me (Cannot believe I am saying this.)

Want better sound quality? Click Me

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 40
u havent even scratched the surface.

c ya soon

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 40
Quote:

I know that the Westone 3's are rated better and there are ie8's but the se530-ipod combo is good enough for me (Cannot believe I am saying this.)

Are you sure? From what I have read, the IE8s are worth a listen
wink.gif

And I see what your problem is...upgradeitus. You should have started at the top and you would have saved in the long run. So just buy the UE11s and call it a day! Oh, don't forget your Lisa III amp to go with those
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I see what your problem is...upgradeitus. You should have started at the top and you would have saved in the long run. So just buy the UE11s and call it a day! Oh, don't forget your Lisa III amp to go with those
tongue_smile.gif

Or more likely, new-phone-itis! This 'hobby' started for me in '01 with the release of the Sony EX70's and since then have made upgrades, downgrades, sidegrades...you name it. Just gotta try something new!

Akasan, no doubt we'll be seeing you around sooner than you think!
icon10.gif

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #9 of 40
Treat it like an addiction; realise that you do not gain anything but loose alot, make up your mind, if you're sure that is not what you want and you would be much better of without it, quit.
Worked for me after 25 years of smoking, usually more then 60 cigarettes a day. Quitted 15 years ago, haven't looked back. Since then it has become easy to kick habits, simply be being aware.

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Treat it like an addiction; realise that you do not gain anything but loose alot, make up your mind, if you're sure that is not what you want and you would be much better of without it, quit.
Worked for me after 25 years of smoking, usually more then 60 cigarettes a day. Quitted 15 years ago, haven't looked back. Since then it has become easy to kick habits, simply be being aware.

Holy moly, 60 cigs a day
eek.gif
Good for you for quitting and sticking with it! And what does that translate to, a new IEM a day?

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #11 of 40
He'll be back tomorrow...or a couple days after that...when he finds out his 530's don't have enough treble extension, over shadowing bass, and retarted cord....He'll be back..

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confispect /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He'll be back tomorrow...or a couple days after that...when he finds out his 530's don't have enough treble extension, over shadowing bass, and retarted cord....He'll be back..

Srsly? They're great IEMs Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, you know?

Edit: Sorryz

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #14 of 40
/\ Woah! Hardcore!

I have composed a little song to mark the occasion! (Sung to the tune of Pink Floyd's Goodbye Blue Sky).

Goodbye Head-Fi
Goodbye
Goodbye

Bows, exit stage left...

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I came here for the inevitable "Hotel California" quote. You people disappoint me.

To Uncle Erik : Ive said that before.

About akasan : Anyway, maybe he can go cry for attention at the other forum.
wink_face.gif

Then this place will seem like a vacation in hawaii
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back