Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Jun 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #5,266 of 5,364
Question: I'm heavily considering the Shure SE215LTD blues for my first real set of IEM's.  I listen to mostly electronic music being ambient, psybient, psychill, downtempo.  I haven't really seen anyone comment on how they would sound with this style of music.  Will the SE215LTD be a good IEM for electronic music?  I really like everything else about it, style and build wise.  I just want to make sure it's going to sound good too.

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #5,267 of 5,364
Quote:
Quote:
Yes actually, the Numark Electrowave.  Please note that it will look pretty big on your head if you'll be stepping out with them (just giving you a heads-up
wink.gif
).

Awesome thanks! 

Would you mind providing other suggestions? I want some options for my research. 

Hmm, well in the same vein as being forgiving and laid back, you could also add the Sony MDR-1R to the list.  Beyond that, there isn't a whole lot that I'm personally aware of.  My preference tends to lean towards the analytical side.

Quote:
::whole bunch of models I haven't heard::

Originally Posted by andrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Abiogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry guys, no experience with those. 
frown.gif
  Wait, actually, FedEx has my Denon AH-C300 right now toriko759.  Still have no idea on the others you mentioned, but I should at least have impressions on that in a few days.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #5,269 of 5,364
Quote:
Question: I'm heavily considering the Shure SE215LTD blues for my first real set of IEM's.  I listen to mostly electronic music being ambient, psybient, psychill, downtempo.  I haven't really seen anyone comment on how they would sound with this style of music.  Will the SE215LTD be a good IEM for electronic music?  I really like everything else about it, style and build wise.  I just want to make sure it's going to sound good too.

Yes, they sound fine. They are good with electronic music.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #5,270 of 5,364
Quote:
Could somebody please compare the transparency/clarity, bass (quantity and quality), comfort, and durability between the westone um1 and shure se215, and the denon ah-c300 and sony xba4ip. (Also some opinions on the klipsch image s4i rugged and the denon ah-c560. (I mean could you compare them in pairs)

Sorry. I have not heard the UM1 and ah-c300. SE215 has more durability and tranparency than xba4, and xba4 has more bass and detail as well as comfort. S4i, imo, is pretty bad. Too bassy with bad build quality.
Quote:
Hello,

I'm looking for an In-ear headset to use mainly for Skype/Google hangouts work meetings and phone calls but also to listen to music, under 50 bucks. I've a pair of Brainwavz R1 but unluckily not the mic version, they are great and I was looking for something similar in soundstage. I have read a lot of threads from Head-fi and my list til now is:
  1. MEElectronics M9P  (18 usd)
  2. Soundmagic PL21 / MP21 (22 usd)
  3. Nuforce NE-600M (30 usd)
  4. Brainwavz M5 (45 usd)
  5. Klipsch Image S4A (49 usd)

It seems that the Nuforce 600M is a good candidate and at a good price. What do you think guys? any other recommendation ?

Thanks!

I would drop the S4A, as they are pretty bad for a $49 price tag, and I don't know about other iems you listed. Sorry.

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #5,271 of 5,364
I need help. I used to listen to my music on a iPhone with the Shure E2C and I would like to upgrade because I find the sound quality lacking and the Shure E2C is way to muddy. I did a lot of research on this forum but I'm still entirely lost.

My budget is around $300 in total. For this price I want the best package deal so a good source, good headphones and if needed a good portable amp. I have no preference between keeping my iPhone and only upgrade my headphones or upgrade both my source and my headphones. I just want the best sound quality that matches my preferences regarding the sound. 

I will try now to explain what kind of sound I want from my headphones and source. I'm not an audiophile (or maybe I am but not an expert) so it could be that what I ask is unclear or not possible.

Most of the time I listen to deep-house, progressive house, progressive trance and occasionally to hip-hop but not so much. With my genre I enjoy 3 particular things. First of all the bass. I like strong bass but not in a way that it has to be the main part of the sound. I like it more as a guidance for the sound, it should be leading the rhythm instead of overshadowing the rest of the sound (maybe this is called balance?). For what is't worth I find the bass from the Shure E2C enough. Second, the vocals. I like the vocals to be clear and upfront (I think on this forum you call this aggressive). I think this is the most important aspect for me. The songs I love the most have almost always female vocals in it. The last thing that is very important for me are the little (hidden) sounds. I don't know how to describe this better and the problem is that these sounds can be on the lower aspect or higher aspect. Maybe you guys call this detailed. 

I read the 'Describing Sound A Glossary' and the list below is what I think I want from my source and headphones:

1. Aggressive (vocals)
  2. Analytical
  3. Balance
  4. Good bass (but not overdone maybe called Grip?)
  5. Detailed
  6. Full (not sure if this strokes with aggressive vocals?)
  7. Good soundstage in width, depth and height
  8. I think speed and timing is important with my genre
  9. Transparant

I hope some people can help me with this. Thanks for all the help!

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #5,272 of 5,364
Quote:
I need help. I used to listen to my music on a iPhone with the Shure E2C and I would like to upgrade because I find the sound quality lacking and the Shure E2C is way to muddy. I did a lot of research on this forum but I'm still entirely lost.

My budget is around $300 in total. For this price I want the best package deal so a good source, good headphones and if needed a good portable amp. I have no preference between keeping my iPhone and only upgrade my headphones or upgrade both my source and my headphones. I just want the best sound quality that matches my preferences regarding the sound. 

I will try now to explain what kind of sound I want from my headphones and source. I'm not an audiophile (or maybe I am but not an expert) so it could be that what I ask is unclear or not possible.

Most of the time I listen to deep-house, progressive house, progressive trance and occasionally to hip-hop but not so much. With my genre I enjoy 3 particular things. First of all the bass. I like strong bass but not in a way that it has to be the main part of the sound. I like it more as a guidance for the sound, it should be leading the rhythm instead of overshadowing the rest of the sound (maybe this is called balance?). For what is't worth I find the bass from the Shure E2C enough. Second, the vocals. I like the vocals to be clear and upfront (I think on this forum you call this aggressive). I think this is the most important aspect for me. The songs I love the most have almost always female vocals in it. The last thing that is very important for me are the little (hidden) sounds. I don't know how to describe this better and the problem is that these sounds can be on the lower aspect or higher aspect. Maybe you guys call this detailed. 

I read the 'Describing Sound A Glossary' and the list below is what I think I want from my source and headphones:

1. Aggressive (vocals)
  2. Analytical
  3. Balance
  4. Good bass (but not overdone maybe called Grip?)
  5. Detailed
  6. Full (not sure if this strokes with aggressive vocals?)
  7. Good soundstage in width, depth and height
  8. I think speed and timing is important with my genre
  9. Transparant

I hope some people can help me with this. Thanks for all the help!

Ortofon EQ5/7, Heir audio 4.ai(vocals are not as aggressive), SE535 and UE900(vocals are not as aggressive).

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #5,273 of 5,364
Hi everyone, i'm new here, looking for some good advice about IEMs.
I did a lot of research in this forum, google, everywhere and i don't know, maybe i just have a little idea about stuffs but everything seems to be outdated for me.

Ok first, sorry for my bad english, can't speak well..

I am looking for best IEM below 40$.
- looking for the best sound quality
- using an ipod shuffle
- no specific music genre / all genre
- well as for my sound preferences, maybe an all rounder with a decent bass i think.
- no specific builds or comfort but at least, the best isolation there is.

some say that philips she3580 seems great, but thats way back 2012 i think? and others compares she9800 over she9850.
is 9800 better than 3580?
some of their suggestions - JVC Riptidz and SONY XBA-1
how about bose, konzert, panasonic?

so i don't know. hope you can help me guys. cheerz!

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #5,274 of 5,364
Quote:
Ortofon EQ5/7, Heir audio 4.ai(vocals are not as aggressive), SE535 and UE900(vocals are not as aggressive).

Thanks for your quick reply. I searched those headphones and the SE535 and UE900 are too pricey (I can't find them under $300). Heir audio 4.ai is I think a bit lacking in bass (and also too pricey). Ortofon are I think good options and I think I like the E-Q5 more than the E-Q7. Is the E-Q5 much better than a Vsonic GR07 MKII? And if I buy the E-Q5 shall I just use them with my iPhone or should I buy a Colorfly C3. Because the Orton E-Q5 are $200 so I have $100 'left' to spend.

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #5,275 of 5,364
Quote:
Hi everyone, i'm new here, looking for some good advice about IEMs.
I did a lot of research in this forum, google, everywhere and i don't know, maybe i just have a little idea about stuffs but everything seems to be outdated for me.

Ok first, sorry for my bad english, can't speak well..

I am looking for best IEM below 40$.
- looking for the best sound quality
- using an ipod shuffle
- no specific music genre / all genre
- well as for my sound preferences, maybe an all rounder with a decent bass i think.
- no specific builds or comfort but at least, the best isolation there is.

some say that philips she3580 seems great, but thats way back 2012 i think? and others compares she9800 over she9850.
is 9800 better than 3580?
some of their suggestions - JVC Riptidz and SONY XBA-1
how about bose, konzert, panasonic?

so i don't know. hope you can help me guys. cheerz!

I don't know the difference between 9800 and 3580. XBA-1 seems to be a good option. It is a solid all rounder with great comfort and isolation. I would stay away from bose.

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #5,276 of 5,364
Hey there everyone, I have asked for a recommendation for an IEM about a week ago and thing is my budget has gone up to 150$ from 100$.
Because of this blessed event :p I will need a new recommendation for an IEM.

I listen to a wide veriaty of music, from rap to rock, jazz, vocal, dubstep, electronic etc.
I don't fully know which sound timbre I'm looking for but I usually listen to rock,jazz vocal and some soundtracks more then I listen to electronic and rap.
I do like a good bass, doesn't have to have a large quantity of bass but I do like to have a punchy bass.
Last but not least, Presentation is a key aspect for me, so I would like an IEM with a good Presentation, I know that is not such a common thing in IEM's but still I've heard there are some wonders out there.

Thanks in advance, Justlog.

Jun 3, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #5,277 of 5,364
Quote:
Hey there everyone, I have asked for a recommendation for an IEM about a week ago and thing is my budget has gone up to 150$ from 100$.
Because of this blessed event :p I will need a new recommendation for an IEM.

I listen to a wide veriaty of music, from rap to rock, jazz, vocal, dubstep, electronic etc.
I don't fully know which sound timbre I'm looking for but I usually listen to rock,jazz vocal and some soundtracks more then I listen to electronic and rap.
I do like a good bass, doesn't have to have a large quantity of bass but I do like to have a punchy bass.
Last but not least, Presentation is a key aspect for me, so I would like an IEM with a good Presentation, I know that is not such a common thing in IEM's but still I've heard there are some wonders out there.

Thanks in advance, Justlog.

Look for used triple fi. You can find one for under $150.

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #5,278 of 5,364
Better add just few bucks and buy Audio Technica cks1000 for $160. Or just save and buy audio technica ckn70 for $70. I have both ckn70 and cks99 and they sound better than triplefi10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back