Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
May 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #4,457 of 5,364
Quote:
Vocals are within the midrange, yes.

Well, taking into account the tight bass and the stage size, and that you want a bass-to-mid centric signature (the closed-in nature doesn't really have much to do with the balancing unless they were excessively warm or lacked decay/reverb which the Shures really don't - that's more about staging on its own) - will have to stick with the BA200 rec - wide staging, fills all of the criteria, etc.

I've read many positive reviews about the sound of these iems, but the looks of their built quality don't really give me confidence :frowning2: but I could be wrong? Is the fit of these good? They look like the westone series to me, which is a plus, as westone iems are comfortable for me! Comparing these to the um2 & the sm2v2 or even sm3v2, how do they sound? Highs are valuable to me too, but not to the point of harshness.. clear and smooth would be ideal ^^ Sorry if I am asking too many questions!

May 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #4,458 of 5,364
Quote:
I've read many positive reviews about the sound of these iems, but the looks of their built quality don't really give me confidence :frowning2: but I could be wrong? Is the fit of these good? They look like the westone series to me, which is a plus, as westone iems are comfortable for me! Comparing these to the um2 & the sm2v2 or even sm3v2, how do they sound? Highs are valuable to me too, but not to the point of harshness.. clear and smooth would be ideal ^^ Sorry if I am asking too many questions!

- Build is perfectly fine IMO, pretty much Westone quality but the plastic halves of the shells are held tighter - there isn't any of that weird squeak like you would sometimes get on the consumer Westones
- The shells aren't as tapered but they are lighter and thinner - arguably more ergonomic from another standpoint
- Less thick of note, less mid-forward, but linearity has the competition beat - extension and smoothness is off the scales good in comparison
- Treble is smoothed out and slightly pushed back - you can check out Rin's site for a overview on their FR.

May 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #4,459 of 5,364
TwinQY! 
smile.gif

May 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #4,460 of 5,364
Hmm that answers most of my questions :D maybe I will have to go down and try it out, hope the flat cable will be comfortable for over the ear wearing of the IEM. Thanks man,you could have helped me saved more than $300 sgd! ^^

May 16, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #4,462 of 5,364
Quote:
What is the best overall sounding earbuds that is $100 or less?

That would be the HiFiMan RE-400.  In fact, I've heard it mentioned that it could be as good as IEMs costing ten times that!!! 
eek.gif

EDIT:  In fact, here is the quote verbatim...

Quote:
At $99, it's honestly a little embarrassing to think how close it comes to kilobuck gear.

I'm being totally serious here when I say you could tell me this thing costs as much as some of the flagship IEMs out there, and I wouldn't be surprised.

May 16, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #4,463 of 5,364
hi everyone.

after wrecking yet another pair of px100 cans, I've had it with these flimsy cabled things. I love them for sound and comfort but these cables are way too prone to accidental damage in my experience. Same with Koss Portapro.

Can anyone recommend something in this price and size range that has a thicker cable? Looking at AKG portables but seeing too many mixed reviews.
Thank you in advance.

May 16, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #4,464 of 5,364
Quote:
Sure!  I wish I could say, but as I haven't really heard the triple.fi, I just can't.  However, going back to the DT1350 = UE700 = T70p thing earlier, I just found out something interesting:

Not too bad eh?  I seemed to have scored a lucky shot in the dark there.  I believe the UE700 is also cheaper than the Triple.fi?

thats a pretty simmiliar response graphing, I already bought the triple fi 10 sometime ago (way before I ask this) for around 200 bucks?
so yeah I guess the Ue700 is on my next buy list together with a 70 p, maybe the 70 p first

May 16, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #4,465 of 5,364
Quote:
smile.gif
  Good, I am glad.  

Wow, that is a little bit expensive.  They are only $65 here.  I would wait a little while and see if the price drops further.

Also, there is a related model called the SE-MJ721... DO NOT GET THAT ONE.  The quality is worse, the sound is worse, and it does not have the dual drivers.  I do not recommend it.

How much are the CAL and S500 in Italy?

Yes, that is partially true.  It depends on how large your head is.  If you have a wide head, they might not be comfortable for long periods.  I have a normal sized head, so it is fine for me.

Yes, that's true.  It is more accurate to say that they are not famous at all.  It was released quietly and without much marketing, so it is not well known at all.  But I have one and I must say that it's not bad

Good idea.  I don't think you need to upgrade right now.

The price to $ 65 is really good, pity that in Italy they are not at this price: (

The CAL in Italy cost 50 € (65 $) and S500 € 44 ($ 57). The S500 are shipped from Japan and can be found on ebay.

My head is normal :)

unfortunately I think I have a few choices, or S500 CAL, I do not think there are other models suitable for me. Could you confirm?

May 16, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #4,466 of 5,364
Hello Everybody,

I need advice for getting a new setup : mp3 player + earphones under 400$ budget ?

my last was RE-ZERO + ipod classic or samsung galaxy note 2.

i did some research and i ended up with :

Mp3 player

either a cowon may be x7 ,  pros : space and battery life    cons : device size
or a sansa clip+ with rockbox   pros : price and device size      cons : space and battery life

(i recently found out they made a rockbox  port for ipod classic 6G, so will this be enough, or the output sound quality of other mp3 players is better) ??

iem

i like the RE-ZERO too much very clear and pure sound, detailed and high seperation of instruments.

i need something with better or same sound quality with nearly the same signature , a bit higher bass and better build quality.

i have read reviews for RE-400, etymotic ER-4S, etymotic HF5, Vsonic GR07 ? i don't know which suits me more.

i don't know anything about amps.

at the end i need a better sound experience.

open to other suggessions.

Thanks

May 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #4,468 of 5,364
Hey Guys,

Recently my apple earphones stopped working and so I started looking for a new pair of decent IEMs for a maximum of 100€ (living in austria, europe, but ordering them online wouldn't be a problem), but I really don't know, which ones I should get.
I like to listen to hard stuff (metal, hardcore,...) and edm (dubstep, drum and bass,...), but also mixtures between these genres.

So I would like to have a really nice clear sound but also a decent and deep bass, not too strong tough (my brother has got beats solo and I pretty much would like the exact opposite sound, as they have a really extreme and exagerated bass which I don't even like when listening to edm and the sound is not clear). 
I also do care a little bit about the design, but thats not that important, as long as they don't look like they are especially made for girls or something like that.

I hope someone is able to help me.

Thanks

May 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #4,470 of 5,364
Hey, I am looking for an upgrade from my audeo pfe112 earphones. I don't mind going with sealed or iem as long as it sounds good. Transparency and balance would be my two priorities. I want something as close to natural as possible but I don't particularly mind whether leans towards the bright or dark side as long as it is close enough. My budget is $300-$400. I have been considering the se535, ue900, k550 and momentum. Any recommendations?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back