Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Mar 4, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #3,016 of 5,364
Ha
Hi,

i spent the last 3 hours searching for the right manufacturer for my first ciem's still i'm a bit unconclusive, so i need advice from you guys :)

I'm searching for sub-500$ dual driver CIEM's, with following features:

• changeable cables
  • bass-orientated sound

I dont know if it helps but i leave a couple links here so you know what kind of music i am hearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2NqcWP8tos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JELwIujC5-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgMRm5jGW-k

I'm currently using my UE super.fi 5 EB (i know old one's :)), and i like the sound signature of them a lot, but i'm also aware that i cant get that much bass of BA-driven iem's.

I hope there is something out there for me.

Thanks a lot!

Have you heard a pair of UE TF10's versus the super.fi 5? Just curious

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #3,018 of 5,364
@TwinQY Impressions of the differences? I have the opportunity get a pair from a friend for $60 and they need a cable... Just wondering if its a worthy addition.
P.S just realized the extra "Ha" on my previous post *oops*

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #3,019 of 5,364
Which one, the TF10 or the Super.Fi. If Super.Fi, which version (1 or 2). Have only heard the 2nd version. It's basically a N-shape, all about the mids. Crystal clear, so much detail it hurts (well for the price and relative performance at that time). Never really got love. Worth the price though, competes with RE0s on just the mids alone.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #3,020 of 5,364
@TwinQY : sorry yeah I meant the SF5. I'm not sure which version. On a different note Thank you so much for the cable advice for my TF10s . Still can't decide between BTG and DHC, but at least I have a place to start. The stock cable is so annoying. Oh! Have you gotten the H-100s yet??? :D

Edit: I might get SF5 to see if I like the signature any better than my TF10s but then cables have to wait (decisions, decisions)

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #3,021 of 5,364
Quote:
@TwinQY : sorry yeah I meant the SF5. I'm not sure which version. On a different note Thank you so much for the cable advice for my TF10s . Still can't decide between BTG and DHC, but at least I have a place to start. The stock cable is so annoying. Oh! Have you gotten the H-100s yet???
biggrin.gif

Nope :frowning2:
Glad to be of help!

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #3,022 of 5,364
Hello!
I'm looking for an IEM in the 70-100$ range. I'd like something balanced, without too much emphasis on bass, mids or highs.
I'll use it mostly to listen to rock music but, being new to the hobby and since I'm trying to "tune" my ears, I'd rather have something a little less "fun sounding".
What's important, besides sound quality, it's comfort and portability (like not having 5m long cables and such).
I don't really care about build quality as long as it's not too fragile, or isolation (I think any IEM will provide enough isolation for my needs).
Would the VSonic GR06 be a good choice for my needs?
Thank you in advance!

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3,023 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello!
I'm looking for an IEM in the 70-100$ range. I'd like something balanced, without too much emphasis on bass, mids or highs.
I'll use it mostly to listen to rock music but, being new to the hobby and since I'm trying to "tune" my ears, I'd rather have something a little less "fun sounding".
What's important, besides sound quality, it's comfort and portability (like not having 5m long cables and such).
I don't really care about build quality as long as it's not too fragile, or isolation (I think any IEM will provide enough isolation for my needs).
Thank you in advance!

Balanced, > 100, should definitely look at the PFE022 (grey filters) before they stop selling them at the end of this month. The HF5 are decidedly less fun and more about the clarity. The Phonaks beat them out in comfort,  but absolutely nothing comes close to Ety isolation (-36dB with triple flanges). Nothing.

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #3,024 of 5,364
Oh, and a heads-up, I probably won't be online the whole week for personal reasons (will try and check in occasionally though). Possibly the week after that, but I will try my best to clear that week to help out since I won't be here the last two weeks of March for sure. djvkool will have to take full reins 
size]
. Be gentle! Sorry about the inconvenience. Will be back in full force in April. 

Mega-post updates will here for sure next next week when I have regular old internet speeds back. Or just ask specifically or PM if you want your part immediately. 

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #3,025 of 5,364
Quote:
Oh, and a heads-up, I probably won't be online the whole week for personal reasons (will try and check in occasionally though). Possibly the week after that, but I will try my best to clear that week to help out since I won't be here the last two weeks of March for sure. djvkool will have to take full reins 
size]
. Be gentle! Sorry about the inconvenience. Will be back in full force in April. 

Mega-post updates will here for sure next next week when I have regular old internet speeds back. Or just ask specifically or PM if you want your part immediately. 

I will try and do my best...I can only go online once a day in the evening (due to work and being a father to 9 months old), so please be patient and I will answer as many queries as I can when I'm online...

beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #3,026 of 5,364
Quote:
Just get those Sennheiser Nike ear buds- they're sweat resistant and have ear hooks.

Will take a look at those. Thanks. 

Quote:
Wait might as well answer it since I have the time (waiting for bus).
Cross the last two off, more electronic-oriented tonality (v-shape, light speedy note presentation relatively)

For the hooks, just add these on: http://v-moda.com/sport-earhooks/, and for the buds, since the budget's so high, spring for a Yuin (house sound fits those genres nicely) or the MX880. Sparse choices when IEMs are out of the equation.

So Beyerdynamic DT235 then.
Gonna spring for them.

Ah. Never thought of buying normal earbuds and then manually adding on earhooks.
Interesting.
Thanks for the idea.
I heard Yuin's not that good in build quality nowadays not sure if true, so maybe I'll jump for MX880.

No choice regarding the IEMs factor since I have a phobia of anything entering my ears.
Is there a medical term for that?

Thanks for all suggestions.
I am very grateful.

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #3,028 of 5,364
Hello I have some AKG K318 in-ears but don't like them much, my full-size HD668b sounds a way better, so I would like to know :

- if full-size headphones are a way better than in-ear ones,
- if not : with what in-ears would I hear a much better sound quality, I listen mostly electronic music but like also vocals so I am looking for a versatile headphone, I also don't to spend 300$ for an headphone, lets say between 100 and 200$

Thank you !

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #3,029 of 5,364
Hi there everyone, I'm looking for a set of earbuds that will be used when I'm going for gym workouts and when jogging around town. 
The earbuds preferably will have either earhooks or bands that will prevent it from dropping out.
No IEMs please.
Please do note that I'm staying in a tropical country so I'll be sweating a whole lot more than cooler climates.
Budget will be ~$150

I'll be using Cowon J3 to drive them and will be mainly listening to Rock, Jazz and Pop.
Thanks for any recommendations.

Also, I would like to know that between Beyerdynamic DT235, Denon DN-HP700 and Ultrasone HFI-450, which headphone is arguably more suited to the music I listen to?

Do they have to be earbuds? What about clip on on-ears? The koss ksc-75 is almost the go to for running as it provides great sound, a oh well, I broke it price, and the ability to hear that street sweeper hurtling in your direction

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #3,030 of 5,364
Quote:
Balanced, > 100, should definitely look at the PFE022 (grey filters) before they stop selling them at the end of this month. The HF5 are decidedly less fun and more about the clarity. The Phonaks beat them out in comfort,  but absolutely nothing comes close to Ety isolation (-36dB with triple flanges). Nothing.

They are a little over the budget though :S
What about the VSonic GR06, would they fit my needs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back