Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Dec 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #1,771 of 5,364
Quote:
So, so sorry for the late reply. I had typed up an answer almost immediately, but the power on the laptop went out, and I lost it. Sigh. It was so long as well.

Anyways, if the X10 didn't have enough bass for you, you might be wanting a little more bass than normal. FXD80s are crisp, clear, sparkling. Mids aren't that recessed, but it's a V-shape for sure. Bass is fast, tactile, and digs pretty deep. Great tonality for metal. The GR07 won't have more bass than the X10, but it'll be fuller bodied and more crisp. Maybe that's worth looking into as well. 

Oh no problem at all don't apologize! I appreciate the insight. I'll definitely check those out it. Would you describe the bass as being more uh...I'm not sure what the word is, impactful I guess? Harder hitting? I think that was my biggest problem with the x10s, I could definitely hear the bass but I couldn't feel it. From what I've gathered reading around I think I'm looking for something more "fun" and not analytical.
Quote:
BTW you don't have to be sorry. It's okay to start any thread you wish in the respective correct forums. This thread is just here to help neaten things up and provide a place to go for questions like yours.

I definitely don't want to clutter anything! Everyone around here is so nice about it though and I appreciate that.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #1,772 of 5,364
Quote:
Oh no problem at all don't apologize! I appreciate the insight. I'll definitely check those out it. Would you describe the bass as being more uh...I'm not sure what the word is, impactful I guess? Harder hitting? I think that was my biggest problem with the x10s, I could definitely hear the bass but I couldn't feel it. From what I've gathered reading around I think I'm looking for something more "fun" and not analytical.

It's definitely hard to feel the bass with IEMs. Heck, it's hard enough to have it with headphones in general, although it does happen (see LCD-2s). That really visceral feel can only really be felt in speaker rigs or live applications. You most likely want a more fun sound, so maybe I'll take back the FXD80 since they're meant to be more fast, impactful and lean, although still very much bass emphasized. You'll probably get more body and depth with the GR07, but maybe you won't get enough quantity. There's also the GR07 Bass Edition, haven't heard it, but if they're meant to do what the name implies, definitely worth a look. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #1,773 of 5,364
Quote:

It's definitely hard to feel the bass with IEMs. Heck, it's hard enough to have it with headphones in general, although it does happen (see LCD-2s). That really visceral feel can only really be felt in speaker rigs or live applications. You most likely want a more fun sound, so maybe I'll take back the FXD80 since they're meant to be more fast, impactful and lean, although still very much bass emphasized. You'll probably get more body and depth with the GR07, but maybe you won't get enough quantity. There's also the GR07 Bass Edition, haven't heard it, but if they're meant to do what the name implies, definitely worth a look. 

I'll also take a look into the GR07 Bass Edition, didn't know those existed. Something else that just caught my eye were the monster turbine pro golds. They're on sale on Amazon for 150 right now, how do those compare to the ones you've mentioned? Thanks again for the help.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #1,774 of 5,364
Quote:
I'll also take a look into the GR07 Bass Edition, didn't know those existed. Something else that just caught my eye were the monster turbine pro golds. They're on sale on Amazon for 150 right now, how do those compare to the ones you've mentioned? Thanks again for the help.

Very fun bass, mids are a bit thick, forward, but the bass sort of overtakes everything. Not as much treble as on the Coppers IMO. So might fail your mids/treble criteria. 150 is a great price on them though. You should probably consider them. I know I am at that price. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #1,775 of 5,364
Quote:
Very fun bass, mids are a bit thick, forward, but the bass sort of overtakes everything. Not as much treble as on the Coppers IMO. So might fail your mids/treble criteria. 150 is a great price on them though. You should probably consider them. I know I am at that price. 

Alright one last pair, the TF10s. I see them raved about EVERYWHERE on this forum. A little pricey but worth the extra money? I have big ear canals so I don't see fit being too much of a problem. I'm sure the mids/highs are about what im looking for the only thing I'm worried about is the bass.

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #1,776 of 5,364
Hello. I'm looking for some IEM in ear headphones that can break.

Why do I need them to break? Well, I don't WANT them to break, but they inevitably do, because I am rough with my earbuds.
Right now I have a pair of Skullcandy earbuds that actually got the right side ripped off. 

I'm looking for some very inexpensive (but not cheap, mind you) in-ear headphones / earbuds / whatever you want to call them. 

These look good, but I can't vouch for the actual quality. 

JVC  Gumy  ~$6

Sony MDREX10LP ~$8

HA-FX1X Xtreme Xplosives ~$15

VC HA FX101G ~$15-$20

Ideas? 
Thanks. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #1,777 of 5,364
Hello guys!
I want to upgrade from my current MEElectronics SP51 to something that gives me more and better of everything. I like the bass quantity on the SP51 , I just feel it lacks details maybe and specially sound stage...everything sounds too compressed but maybe that is the way in ear works.
Anyways I am thinking on moving to the Klipsch image x10.  Good choice for that price range?

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #1,778 of 5,364
Can anyone suggest some IEMs for me please? Looking to spend a maximum of £150 (preferably a little less). They'd be replacing Shure E4Cs, which I've finally broken the cable on - well and truly time for a replacement. I'll mainly be using them on the train so good isolation's important. I listen to a broad range of music and absolutely loved the Shures, though I've not played around many others to compare them to! Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #1,779 of 5,364
Hi guys I'm a little late to the thread but i need help! I need help choosing a good IEM for Electro music/house and a little drum step.  I have a budget of $200 and would like something with a good amount off bass to it. I also listen to reggae so a good range of bass is preferred. 
Thanks

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #1,781 of 5,364
Quote:

Why do I need them to break? Well, I don't WANT them to break, but they inevitably do, because I am rough with my earbuds.
Right now I have a pair of Skullcandy earbuds that actually got the right side ripped off. 

I'm looking for some very inexpensive (but not cheap, mind you) in-ear headphones / earbuds / whatever you want to call them. 

JVC  Gumy  ~$6

Sony MDREX10LP ~$8

VC HA FX101G ~$15-$20

Ideas? 
Thanks. 

Skull Candy has a life time warranty! Just send them back. I do this all the time with my skullcandys.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #1,783 of 5,364

JVC  Gumy  ~$6

Sony MDREX10LP ~$8

VC HA FX101G ~$15-$20

Ideas? 
Thanks. 

Philips SHE3580. $7

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #1,784 of 5,364
Quote:
Alright one last pair, the TF10s. I see them raved about EVERYWHERE on this forum. A little pricey but worth the extra money? I have big ear canals so I don't see fit being too much of a problem. I'm sure the mids/highs are about what im looking for the only thing I'm worried about is the bass.

It's not the ear canals that affect the fit with the TF10, it's the whole darned ear. Bass would be too similar to the X10, so probably not what you're looking for.

Quote:
ie60 or beats tour??want bass pluss volume plus clear sound.Will go for ie80 if no other option but is above my budget.Suggest if u have anything else.Thanks to all.

Clear sound and tours do not mix. They are extremely compressed, stage-wise, dynamics-wise, and sound like AM radio through a tin can. What's your budget, and what kind of music do you listen to? Comfort, isolation, etc a factor? 

Quote:
Hi guys I'm a little late to the thread but i need help! I need help choosing a good IEM for Electro music/house and a little drum step.  I have a budget of $200 and would like something with a good amount off bass to it. I also listen to reggae so a good range of bass is preferred. 
Thanks

Seen the MTPG mentioned above on sale for 150? Well known for their warm, gooey sound and massively fun bass. Good depth for electronic, very rounded out bass so reggae/jazz sounds great on them. If you want something a little bit faster and leaner sounding, FXD80 do great for electronic as well. 

Quote:
Can anyone suggest some IEMs for me please? Looking to spend a maximum of £150 (preferably a little less). They'd be replacing Shure E4Cs, which I've finally broken the cable on - well and truly time for a replacement. I'll mainly be using them on the train so good isolation's important. I listen to a broad range of music and absolutely loved the Shures, though I've not played around many others to compare them to! Suggestions greatly appreciated.

I remember the E4c to be really balanced. So maybe the PFE122, GR07, GR01, W2 might be your ticket. All have decent isolation, amazing comfort, and stay balanced in their own way.

Quote:
Hello guys!
I want to upgrade from my current MEElectronics SP51 to something that gives me more and better of everything. I like the bass quantity on the SP51 , I just feel it lacks details maybe and specially sound stage...everything sounds too compressed but maybe that is the way in ear works.
Anyways I am thinking on moving to the Klipsch image x10.  Good choice for that price range?

Yes, IEMs will lack soundstage compared to headphones or speakers. You might be wanting more clarity, so maybe try the ER4P/FXD80. X10 will probably be a step up in clarity and detail, I won't know from not having heard the SP51. 

Quote:

JVC  Gumy  ~$6

Sony MDREX10LP ~$8

VC HA FX101G ~$15-$20

Ideas? 
Thanks. 

Tips to stop the from breaking:
1. Don't throw them
2. Don't get them snagged
3. Don't step on them
4. If the cable is the culprit for breaking every time, don't tie the around the cell phone/PMP/what have you. Damages the cord's integrity. Best you tie them over-under, and use a carrying case as well.

Planned obsolescence has not gone that far yet. IEMs, even the cheap ones, can still manage to not break. Negligence should not be an excuse. I've kept my Etys safe for 3 years, and have heard people who still have them working after 15-20 years. Even my cheapo Marshmallows stayed intact for 2 years before they got caught in a freak bike accident. All that's needed is a little care and to put some value in your belongings. Now if you purposely put stress on them....
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, the Gumys sound horrible, and the build doesn't inspire. I don't think either the MEElectronic M6 or M9 have broken on anybody yet, they are built very, very well, not just for the price. The HA-FX1X sounds good as well, just that build probably won't be as good as the M6.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #1,785 of 5,364
^ I would rather tie a string to a tin can and tie it around my player and put the can to my ear than listen to the M6.......... I have one, thank God it was for free..... :floatsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back