Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Dec 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #1,786 of 5,364
Quote:
^ I would rather tie a string to a tin can and tie it around my player and put the can to my ear than listen to the M6.......... I have one, thank God it was for free.....
floatsmile.png

Booooo....They sound great to my ears. Just cause you don't like them....

But I forgot to mention the FXD40 and MH1C as well, whoops.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #1,787 of 5,364
Booooo....They sound great to my ears. Just cause you don't like them....

But I forgot to mention the FXD40 and MH1C as well, whoops.

:eek: ^ Oh boy..... I'll keep that in mind the next time you make me a recommendation (mental note TwinQY's ears are messed up)

Who know's maybe mine are a dud. Guy threw them in on a trade I did. Sound like a bloated mess of midbass blubber..... I guess other than that they sound pretty darn good :D

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #1,788 of 5,364
Quote:
eek.gif
^ Oh boy..... I'll keep that in mind the next time you make me a recommendation (mental note TwinQY's ears are messed up)
Who know's maybe mine are a dud. Guy threw them in on a trade I did. Sound like a bloated mess of midbass blubber..... I guess other than that they sound pretty darn good
biggrin.gif

*Mental note: Doc's elephant ears are too large for conventional IEMs, must gift him 3 TF10s grafted onto each other for Xmas*

Midbass? Well, I guess...De-cored Olives balanced out the sound a bit though. At that price, you can't expect ER4 flatness. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #1,789 of 5,364
Elephant ears?.... I find that offensive... MODS!!! :wink: Seriously mine have to be fake or broken. I know you better than that and there is no way you would describe these things as "good". Or maybe you got a special version with westone drivers in them.....

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #1,790 of 5,364
Quote:
Elephant ears?.... I find that offensive... MODS!!!
wink.gif
Seriously mine have to be fake or broken. I know you better than that and there is no way you would describe these things as "good". Or maybe you got a special version with westone drivers in them.....

Most likely broken. One note bass? Not as much as the Marshmallows!

Oh, no, mods! *Runs away from portable thread forever*

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #1,791 of 5,364
I'm looking to buy in-ear bluetooth headphones, for under $300. Can anyone guide me as to which model would be best all around, in terms of sound quality for music, design and durability. My use is mostly during commute, in buses/subway/walking, so some form of noise reduction would be a positive.
Would really appreciate your advice. Thanks.

PS: I am very new at this and can't make head or tails of which ones to get. The one model I came across which makes some sense to me is the Sony XBA-BT75. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #1,792 of 5,364
Quote:
I'm looking to buy in-ear bluetooth headphones, for under $300. Can anyone guide me as to which model would be best all around, in terms of sound quality for music, design and durability. My use is mostly during commute, in buses/subway/walking, so some form of noise reduction would be a positive.
Would really appreciate your advice. Thanks.

PS: I am very new at this and can't make head or tails of which ones to get. The one model I came across which makes some sense to me is the Sony XBA-BT75. 

IEMs isolate passive, much more effective than most NC circuitry. You won't need active noise cancelling with Etys!

Try a regular, good sounding pair of IEMs, then attach them to a bluetooth adapter. Best of both worlds! Any idea on what you're looking for in terms of sound? Musical genres, etc?

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #1,794 of 5,364
Quote:

IEMs isolate passive, much more effective than most NC circuitry. You won't need active noise cancelling with Etys!

Try a regular, good sounding pair of IEMs, then attach them to a bluetooth adapter. Best of both worlds! Any idea on what you're looking for in terms of sound? Musical genres, etc?

Yeah, I mostly listen to some forms of Rock(Classic/Atlernative/Slow/Pop), R&B or Rap. No House or Techno. No house or Electronic.
Also, I wanted to get a wireless bluetooth headphone rather than a seperate bluetooth adapter. Can you give me the names or some specific models? Thanks

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #1,795 of 5,364
@twinQY i listen to pop/slow songs(enrique,rihanna) and rap alott.I am used to listen through the senheisser cx 300-ii.I just want something like that with a boost in everything including bass and volumes.M not familiar with uncomfortble ones so i guess comfort is a factor.And my budget is around £200.But if ie80 are extremely good i will have to buy them.Thanks alot

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #1,796 of 5,364
Quote:
Yeah, I mostly listen to some forms of Rock(Classic/Atlernative/Slow/Pop), R&B or Rap. No House or Techno. No house or Electronic.
Also, I wanted to get a wireless bluetooth headphone rather than a seperate bluetooth adapter. Can you give me the names or some specific models? Thanks

Have you looked at the Phiaton PS 210 BTNC yet? There's also the Jaybirds. Only Bluetooth IEMs I know of (they aren't very popular around here). Any reason why a bluetooth adapter wouldn't be suitable?
Quote:
@twinQY i listen to pop/slow songs(enrique,rihanna) and rap alott.I am used to listen through the senheisser cx 300-ii.I just want something like that with a boost in everything including bass and volumes.M not familiar with uncomfortble ones so i guess comfort is a factor.And my budget is around £200.But if ie80 are extremely good i will have to buy them.Thanks alot

Volume - can't advocate listening loudly, sorry. If you get better isolation, you won't need them to be louder. Better for your ears as well.

I've only heard the IE8, but they should do well with your music. If the IE80s are even better, then definitely. There's also the MTPC, MD Tributes, W3s. I remember the CX300 being bassy enough, so looks like you're looking for mind-boggling amounts of bass. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #1,797 of 5,364
@twinQY I looked into the reviews on various sites on the Phiaton PS 210 BTNC and they definitely seem like the way to go. Basically, my priority was Wireless headphones with the best sound quality, Bluetooth or Kleer. I looked into the Sennheiser MX W1 and some Sleek-Audio ones, which have Kleer technology, but I guess since they're kinda old now its tough to find them anywhere online. However, if you were to recommend an IEM and a bluetooth adapter, which ones would you recommend specifically?

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #1,798 of 5,364
Hi I;m looking for advice on some IEM's. I'm a guitarist who is building a wired IEM to monitor my vocals and guitar. I need something fairly flat in the midrange to lower treble and no sibilance, the bass is not important. I will have some shelving bass and treble eq available on the board. I've been through some of the review pages and now have a big headache :wink: Price is $ 60 to $150 Any help would be grand...

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #1,799 of 5,364
Good in-ears for £100-£150?
Last year I bought a pair of Denon earphones, they were in ear and cost £140 from HMV. I loved them earphones until the cable snapped while I was asleep (god knows how that happened) and I returned them to HMV, they said they had no more Denon earphones so they had to give me some earphones of the same price, I thought that was fair enough until I realised these earphones were Dre Beats Tour earphones. Having no other choice I tried out the earphones and i've just had my 3rd pair stop working on me (the right side has stopped working).

I use earphones only to walk around with, to and from college etc, and the Denons were fine for that, but the huge cable of the Beats made it the biggest pain ever. The cable would tug against my clothes constantly, which pulled the earphones out slightly, and its hard enough to get a good fit out of these earphones in the first place.

After my 3rd pair had stopped working, instead of taking these back i'm just going to bite the bullet and realise that these earphones will haunt me forever until I get some new ones, does anyone know any good in ear monitors for around £100-£150 that are good?

I'd very much like some with a light cable, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks :).

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #1,800 of 5,364
EVENING CHAPS, NOOB HERE!
So, would you say the v moda m80 or sennheiser HD25-1 ii is good for pop/rock/jpop/jrock with techno sounds? Higher emphasis on vocals, instrumentals/treble, the techno sounds with a bit off bass but warm at the same time?
Sorry for the total noobery, answer greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back