Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for advice HERE!
Nov 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #1,246 of 5,364
Quote:
I have decided to return my M100s for a couple of reasons.

1) The isolation isn't good enough for travel. My listening volume, when compared to friends, is way below theirs. When I do crank it up to hear the music, I find it clearer, but discomforting. 

2) The recessed mids? I actually don't know what it is. But describing it, I would have to say that vocals with these aren't "wowing" me. I know  this is vague but I don't know how else to say it. There's just this feeling that maybe there could be a little more detail... I would have to say my music is strongly vocal based, so vocals are a big part of my ideal sound signature. Though I would also like to also hear other parts of the spectrum. V-Moda actually introduced me and hooked me up on some pretty nice bass. I used to not care about it, but now I can actually appreciate good bass. I'm grateful for being part of the M100 preorders, but I finally feel that the headphones signatures are just not for me.

So why am I here?

Well, I was wondering what other possibilities I can go for after returning my M100s. With the extra cash, I can probably go with the range around $400-700. I am thinking about CIEMs as they might provide me with the isolation I need (well mainly because they look cool imo). And I've also heard that because of the differences in ear canals, IEMs can sound different from their equivalent CIEMs. However, as I am only 17 (ish), I have also heard people advising against CIEM because of ear canal growth and saying that it will change shape every year or two. I'm fine with reshelling every 5 years, but with 1-2, I may have to reevaluate my decisions. My final decisions will probably come around Black Friday or possible Christmas sales, so I still have a reasonable amount of time. 

Thank you :)

Though I have honestly no experience with Customs, so I can't help suggest anything there, I do have something to say about the fit. I know many people around your age who get fitted for customs with no problems. The growth issue is minimal,and not too many require a reshell. I hear some nail polish applied on the acrylic can be an alternative for reshelling. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #1,247 of 5,364
Well, I figured if I was to buy new, I might as well buy the Westone 4R because of the rather small price difference. I haven't found many Westone 4R's for sale used on the classifieds lately. I guess I'll just continue to browse around. Are Westone 4 really that undurable for the actual need of a warranty? Or is it just for piece of mind?

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #1,248 of 5,364
Quote:
Well, I figured if I was to buy new, I might as well buy the Westone 4R because of the rather small price difference. I haven't found many Westone 4R's for sale used on the classifieds lately. I guess I'll just continue to browse around. Are Westone 4 really that undurable for the actual need of a warranty? Or is it just for piece of mind?

No, Westone just has a really great warranty, not that people experience build issues with them often, but it's always nice to have.

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #1,249 of 5,364
Alright thanks! You guys have been a real help.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,250 of 5,364
http://www.mp4nation.net/vsonic-gr07-mkii-professional-in-ear-earphones

Is this a good deal? I mean with all the free fedex shipping and whatnot, especially since I live in Canada.

Can anyone point me to any possible alternatives to the GR07, in around the same price range (<200)?

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #1,251 of 5,364
Quote:
http://www.mp4nation.net/vsonic-gr07-mkii-professional-in-ear-earphones

Is this a good deal? I mean with all the free fedex shipping and whatnot, especially since I live in Canada.

Can anyone point me to any possible alternatives to the GR07, in around the same price range (<200)?

Couldn't you get it from Headphone Bar as well? The pricing is the same, and shipping would most likely be faster from Vancouver to Calgary.

Regarding the alternatives, anything you might be looking for in particular to help narrow it down? (Build, comfort, isolation, sound signatures)

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #1,252 of 5,364
Quote:

Couldn't you get it from Headphone Bar as well? The pricing is the same, and shipping would most likely be faster from Vancouver to Calgary.

Regarding the alternatives, anything you might be looking for in particular to help narrow it down? (Build, comfort, isolation, sound signatures)

I don't think headphonebar has free shipping... Also, It's been awhile since I looked up headphones and had no idea GR07 were this popular now. Last I checked theywere only available through ebay...

As for alternatives, I'm looking for something similar to the GR07 SQ, which is to say an overall balanced sound with a slight bass boost, and no rolled off treble. I once bought the Brainwavs B2, and found them to be horrible with an extreme lack in bass, though the high end was nice. From all the reviews I've read, the GR07 seems to fit my criteria perfectly. SQ is really my only priority, considering that most IEM's have sufficient isolation and portability anyways.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #1,253 of 5,364
Quote:
I don't think headphonebar has free shipping... Also, It's been awhile since I looked up headphones and had no idea GR07 were this popular now. Last I checked theywere only available through ebay...

As for alternatives, I'm looking for something similar to the GR07 SQ, which is to say an overall balanced sound with a slight bass boost, and no rolled off treble. I once bought the Brainwavs B2, and found them to be horrible with an extreme lack in bass, though the high end was nice. From all the reviews I've read, the GR07 seems to fit my criteria perfectly. SQ is really my only priority, considering that most IEM's have sufficient isolation and portability anyways.

Shipping for the GR07 is $0.01 I think...essentially free. http://www.headphonebar.com/vsonic-gr07/

Yeah, sounds like the VSonics are what you're looking for.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #1,254 of 5,364
Quote:

Shipping for the GR07 is $0.01 I think...essentially free. http://www.headphonebar.com/vsonic-gr07/

Yeah, sounds like the VSonics are what you're looking for.

Huh, totally missed that...

However, I get a free e6 from mp4 so I still get quite the bang for my buck. Unless there's some fine print on headphone bar that says I get a free e6...

Yeah, I had a feeling that GR07's were ideal, thanks for the confirmatory response.

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #1,255 of 5,364
I distinctly remember hearing/seeing them on sale or something way under $50. I honestly can't recall where at this moment. They seem to go on sale quite often though, which is good news.

J&R. That's where I got mine :)

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #1,256 of 5,364
Hey everyone. I'm new here, but I've used this site for while now for advice on new earphones. I could really use some help though. It's almost black Friday so it's deal season so I'm looking to get a new pair. The only decent set I have are some Klipsch S4 and if it's possible to compare any recommendations to them that would be extremely helpful!

Anyway, I'm wanting to spend around $100 but if it would really make a worthwhile difference I could do $150. And of course if anyone knows a good deal on a site or place on a suggested set that would be great:)

As far as sound preference and music.. I listen to a pretty wide variety of music. Rock, reggae, alternative, some classical. Just a good all around type thing I guess. And for bass - I do prefer a good solid bass, but I don't want it to be extremely overpowering or draining from the rest. That's all I can think of to put.. So let me know if anything else would help give some suggestions. Thanks!

Nov 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #1,257 of 5,364
Hello Head-fi community! I am new to the site and would like to know your opinions on the Logitech UE6000 and the V-Moda M80. I am aware that the UE6000 is full-size but it folds for convenient travel. Noise-cancellation is nice but not a necessity. I am deciding between these two headphones and generally listen to R&B and Rock music. I am open to other options, but not over $200. All input is appreciated.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,258 of 5,364
Quote:
Hello Head-fi community! I am new to the site and would like to know your opinions on the Logitech UE6000 and the V-Moda M80. I am aware that the UE6000 is full-size but it folds for convenient travel. Noise-cancellation is nice but not a necessity. I am deciding between these two headphones and generally listen to R&B and Rock music. I am open to other options, but not over $200. All input is appreciated.

If noise cancellation, or even isolation, is taken into consideration, just know that the M80s are vented, so not exactly their strong suit (though not horrible like open sets). Whenever I demo the M80, I find R&B/vocals seem to be done extremely well, so I would take them on sound alone. Haven't heard the UE6000, hopefully others will chime in.

Quote:
Hey everyone. I'm new here, but I've used this site for while now for advice on new earphones. I could really use some help though. It's almost black Friday so it's deal season so I'm looking to get a new pair. The only decent set I have are some Klipsch S4 and if it's possible to compare any recommendations to them that would be extremely helpful!
Anyway, I'm wanting to spend around $100 but if it would really make a worthwhile difference I could do $150. And of course if anyone knows a good deal on a site or place on a suggested set that would be great:)
As far as sound preference and music.. I listen to a pretty wide variety of music. Rock, reggae, alternative, some classical. Just a good all around type thing I guess. And for bass - I do prefer a good solid bass, but I don't want it to be extremely overpowering or draining from the rest. That's all I can think of to put.. So let me know if anything else would help give some suggestions. Thanks!

Where are you located? If you were in Canada, I would have suggested the XBA-3 for sale at $119 at Future Shop, but seems they got sold out already (damn you hype thread for letting everyone know about these!). Otherwise, the PFE122/GR01 (especially for classical), do pretty well all-round.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #1,259 of 5,364

I can "chime in" :) but I can pretty much +1 what TwinQY says. The M80 is a good heaphone for your music preference. Haven't had the pleasure of trying the new UE models.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,260 of 5,364
Quote:
I can "chime in"
smily_headphones1.gif
but I can pretty much +1 what TwinQY says. The M80 is a good heaphone for your music preference. Haven't had the pleasure of trying the new UE models.

That's right, I already knew you would 
wink.gif

BTW, we really need some more people helping out, it's pretty much just you and me here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back