Buying Koss KSC75
Nov 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #17 of 32
You could send it off to Koss with $6 for return shipping and get a new one, or you could try recabling them. I've never done it myself but I understand the design makes it an easy task.

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #19 of 32
Try calling the Koss service department and asking them...they'll probably tell you to send them in but maybe they'll have a fix for you. I don't know the address either but the number is (414)964-5000.

Nov 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #20 of 32

Quote:
Try calling the Koss service department and asking them...they'll probably tell you to send them in but maybe they'll have a fix for you. I don't know the address either but the number is (414)964-5000.

Thx for your help..I'll probably just might get another one next time I spend over 25 on amazon considering its only an extra $7-8..I'll try calling to see if they have any quick fixes

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #21 of 32

Quote:
Quote:

Thx for your help..I'll probably just might get another one next time I spend over 25 on amazon considering its only an extra $7-8..I'll try calling to see if they have any quick fixes

That's probably a good idea, since the cost of shipping them and return shipping would be pretty close to a new one. You would even have a spare for parts for future projects this way.

Nov 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #24 of 32
I would just get a stock one.  You might prefer it to the sound of the modified one anyways, and it sounds great stock.  If you're going to pay more, you should just get a better headphone IMO. 

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #26 of 32

Quote:
I would just get a stock one.  You might prefer it to the sound of the modified one anyways, and it sounds great stock.  If you're going to pay more, you should just get a better headphone IMO. 

X100000

The KSC75 stock sounds so good I don't even wanna mess with the sound they put out.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #27 of 32
You sure are demanding. Your amp question would probably get more attention in the amp forum. The Headphone forum is not a place to solicit sellers. Hang out at head-fi for a while and when you are able to, post in the Headphone For Sale section. Just buy the stock KSC75 and enjoy them. The mods are a preference thing and you don't know if that is your preference until you try the stock version.

Quote:
Anyone going to answer my e5+lod vs e1 question? Plus still looking for the headphones if nothing else I'd like it to be kramer+quater modded at minimum.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #28 of 32
I guess I am quite a bit demanding :). Anyways I've have decided I can do most of the mods myself I did some double checking and the majority of them is easy to do and is safe. However I cannot soldier seeing as I have no experience nor the tools to do so. So I am making the same offer but all I want is the re-cable and 75 ohm resistor. Lastly I have two more questions to add what is the socket mod? And does anyone knows how the ksc75 sound with both the kramer and reverse kramer mod?

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #29 of 32

Quote:
jageur272 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, some essential mods for the KSC75's are the Kramer mod and the Quarter mod. Both are very easy to do. For the Kramer mod, you pop the black grille (the thing in front of the headphone drivers [speakers]) and drill holes into it to make it more open. The quarter mod just means that you cut a hole about the size of a quarter into middle of the pad. Both of these make a pretty significant difference in sound.

Recabling is very rewarding if not just for the sound, but for the satisfaction of listening to something that you made with your own hands
biggrin.gif
. Using Mogami or Canare starquad is the easiest way to start; cheap and easy to use.

If it helps at all I thought this post could be used as a point of reference as to the cabling. Supposedly those cables are good and cheap lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back