buy d2000 or wait for US distributors?
Jul 18, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #94 of 117
Has anyone received D2000 from pricejapan or audiocubes lately? I have mine backordered since early july. Presumably they should be back in stock tomorrow, but pricejapan has certainly not have been forthcoming with any info. Does anyone has any updated info on the ETA for these?

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #95 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiocubes
This item will be available again July 26/27.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PriceJapan
Back-ordered on factory-level. You may be waited for 2 weeks after your order / full payment.

frown.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #97 of 117
Hi Guitarded,

This is because they went on backordered suddenly due to high demand. They were not backordered and there was no supply shortage until Denon suddenly stopped supplying to not just retail stores but also distributors as well.

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #98 of 117
i know what backorder means.

my point was there were people who ordered over a week prior to when your site started saying they were on backorder. those people eventually got an email saying they would ship on the 15th. then your site said 18th, with no email notification. now it says 27th with no email notification.

there seems to be poor contact between you and your customers as to the status of your inventory.

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #99 of 117
Indeed I checked our backorders and our warehouse failed to update the backordered orders. I have instructed them to update the outstanding orders. Thank you for your comment.

Jul 18, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #102 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know what backorder means.

my point was there were people who ordered over a week prior to when your site started saying they were on backorder. those people eventually got an email saying they would ship on the 15th. then your site said 18th, with no email notification. now it says 27th with no email notification.

there seems to be poor contact between you and your customers as to the status of your inventory.

I feel envy just knowing that you got that much info
frown.gif
Pricejapan failed to confirm the order, notify of backorder or provide any specific info on the ETA. They did confirm the order after I e-mailed them, but still gave no specific expected date for shipping. I also don't believe there is any specific availability info on their web site other than the note about 2 week delay, which does not make any sense because same exact statement was there two weeks ago. I have to say that I am getting really sick of this customer service style. First Westone fiasco, now this
mad.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #105 of 117
FWIW - I gave up on both Audiocubes and Pricejapan once this whole delay started in early July and ordered the D5000 instead from a US distributor. Nothing like substituting for twice the price! IMO - neither audiocubes nor pricejapan had adequate or satisfactory transparency on product availability or order delays, and it sounds like things have not improved. Though I do give Kohn much credit for responding to my emails, the delays and communication problems appear to continue. The collective market power of this forum may be just too overwhelming. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back