buy d2000 or wait for US distributors?
Jul 5, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #77 of 117
The D5000 sold out a while ago as well and we are waiting for them to come in. Apparently the shortage for D5000 is also there but not as several as the D2000.

Jul 5, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #78 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW Pricejapan is not shipping them either. They are backordered at factory level. Wait time is 10 days.

I received my pair from PriceJapan yesterday, shipped 06/29. Guess I was lucky to place my order last week.

Jul 5, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #79 of 117
How about PriceJapan's package? Do they put in a receipt or any other documents about the actual value of the order or the money paid? The customs her in EU can be a bit nosy...
My 1st post here, man i feel like a noob...

Jul 5, 2007 at 10:54 AM Post #80 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTarrant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about PriceJapan's package? Do they put in a receipt or any other documents about the actual value of the order or the money paid? The customs her in EU can be a bit nosy...
My 1st post here, man i feel like a noob...

I was a bit surprised to see that they did not declare a value for my D2000. On the other hand, I also have the HP-DX1000 on order from PriceJapan and they claim to have declared a value of approx. 15000 Yen for those (which is much below market value
confused.gif
). Don't know why they would declare a value for some parcels and not for others.

Jul 5, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #81 of 117
Well, they put somthing like 6500 Yen on my package. (I just got a call from DHL). Now, the customs got interested. I just want to know that if they open the package, will they find the real price there? The local VAT is not tempting...

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #84 of 117
That sucks.
Response I just got form pricejapan
Quote:

Sorry for shipment delay.

Denon AH-D2000 is currently back-ordered on factory level.

We will get it on 7/19.

Your AH-D2000 will be shipped on 7/19. ( 2 weeks later)

You can cancel your order and get refunded if you want it.

Sorry again for shipment delay.

What to do? Cancel or not, that's the question.

Jul 5, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #85 of 117
Jul 5, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #86 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sucks.
Response I just got form pricejapan

What to do? Cancel or not, that's the question.

Didn't you already have the D2000?

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #87 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't you already have the D2000?

Long story short, I had them, then I traded them for W5000. Now I want both.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Decided to cancel my order with PriceJapan until they or audiocubes get them in stock, may be the price gets down even more by then.

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #88 of 117
i dont see how a price would go down while they are on backorder

and even if it did go down i highly doubt either company wouldnt honor the new price before shipping the phones to all the people who had an order already placed

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #89 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont see how a price would go down while they are on backorder

and even if it did go down i highly doubt either company wouldnt honor the new price before shipping the phones to all the people who had an order already placed

They get cheaper with every new batch. I got my first pair for around $300, than they were back ordered at factory level, new batch was for $270. Even if it doesn't go down, there is nothing to loose as I can always reorder them for the current price, if I don't cool off by the time they are in stock.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back