Burson's sexy flagship: Burson Soloist Voyager. Pure Pure Class-A, 10Watts fully balanced
Dec 6, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #46 of 186
Following P4S's sneak peak, they have reopened the launch offer until the end of 8th Dec.

Dec 6, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #47 of 186
I have the Voyager on order. I also purchased a Burson Composer Dac with upgraded power supply, I am going to send an inquiry to see if they recommend the V7 in the Dac, t's an interesting companion. I want to compare to my other Dacs...

Dec 15, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #48 of 186
Mine is shipping today. Estimated delivery time to Switzerland: 3 days.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #50 of 186
Exciting,.mine ships next week.

Looking forward to some quick first impressions from you,.this despite the fact that it is then brand new without "burn-in".
What head-amp did you have before this Voyager.?

Flux's Volot. A great amp for sure.

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #52 of 186
I'm curious if the V7's will ship with the Voyager, or if they will be a free upgrade shipped later/when available. Congrats to those that are getting the Voyager! I'm looking forward to seeing what you all think of the new amp.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #53 of 186
Quite sure they’re going to be preinstalled. It wouldn’t make that much sense commercially to give you a full set of v6 and then to give you a further set of v7 for free.

Dec 15, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #54 of 186
I'm curious if the V7's will ship with the Voyager,
V7 Vivid Pro is installed before shipment on the pre-ordered Voyagers during the launch campaign.
-------------------------
I use the Conductor 3X Grand Tourer as a pure DAC.
It has V6 Vivid installed.
On the recommendation of Burson,.I will switch to the V7 Classic Dual in it.
I will get all of this by the end of next week.
BUT,.just as important is which interconnect cable is used for your Burson head-amp
From my Conductor 3X GT (as DAC) to Voyager,..I will be using Shunyata's Alpha V1 xlr.

I have last month evaluated 5 XLR-cables between my Conductor 3X GT (as DAC),.and my current Soloist 3X GT 2023 with SP2-modules.
It was the Shunyata mentioned above that I experienced best in my setup,.so it will be exciting to hear if it also works just as well for my new Voyager.

Dec 15, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #55 of 186
Interesting,.agree...
I personally had the Soloist 3X Grand Tourer 2023 with SP2 modules.
It was only a month old,.but sold it and ordered the new Voyager.
Nice, it will be interesting when we start receiving our units.
V7 Vivid Pro is installed before shipment on the pre-ordered Voyagers during the launch campaign.
-------------------------
I use the Conductor 3X Grand Tourer as a pure DAC.
It has V6 Vivid installed.
On the recommendation of Burson,.I will switch to the V7 Classic Dual in it.
I will get all of this by the end of next week.
BUT,.just as important is which interconnect cable is used for your Burson head-amp
From my Conductor 3X GT (as DAC) to Voyager,..I will be using Shunyata's Alpha V1 xlr.

I have last month evaluated 5 XLR-cables between my Conductor 3X GT (as DAC),.and my current Soloist 3X GT 2023 with SP2-modules.
It was the Shunyata mentioned above that I experienced best in my setup,.so it will be exciting to hear if it also works just as well for my new Voyager.
I have similar setup. Was wondering if I should put V7 in my composer 3x dac and also have a Sonnet Morpheus and Hermes to compare.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #56 of 186
The pre-order bundle came with the SUPER CHARGER 5A. Now this power supply will sound better than the standard power supply. It would have been preferable, if the outboard power supply had a IEC connection so you could actually experiment with different power cords to accommodate final tuning. That being said, there might still be better outboard linear power supply than the supercharger 5A. I’m also wondering, do I plug this power supply into a line conditioner or direct into a wall receptacle? Has anyone had experience comparing a supercharger power supply direct to a wall, versus into a conditioner?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #57 of 186
I have similar setup. Was wondering if I should put V7 in my composer 3x dac
Hi 😃...

This is what my contact at Burson wrote about the V7 Vivid Pro OP-amps that will be in my new Voyager head-amp vs the V7 Classic Dual,.which I will, on the recommendation of Burson, install in my Conductor 3X GT which will be used solely as a DAC.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Peder,
I offered / recommended the V7 Classic Dual because they are my new personal favorite. The V7 Vivid Pro sounds very similar (but better) than the V6 Vivid.
But the V7 Classic Dual goes in a different direction.
--------------------
Hi Peter,
The new V7 Classic Dual is amazing.
It's far superior to the V6 Classic. It's a dash warmer than the V7 Vivid Pro and it is also very accurate but with a dash of fun. :) .
--------------------
Hi Peder
The V7 Classic Dual is not more organic..it's has a bit more color than the absolutely accurate V7 Vivid Pro.
---------------------
SO,.it will be very exciting to evaluate all of this above 😃

Dec 15, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #58 of 186
he pre-order bundle came with the SUPER CHARGER 5A. Now this power supply will sound better than the standard power supply. It would have been preferable, if the outboard power supply had a IEC connection so you could actually experiment with different power cords to accommodate final tuning. That being said, there might still be better outboard linear power supply than the supercharger 5A. I’m also wondering, do I plug this power supply into a line conditioner or direct into a wall receptacle? Has anyone had experience comparing a supercharger power supply direct to a wall, versus into a conditioner?

Compared to the stock brick the Supercharger is better sounding in every way. It's a significant difference compared to the stock power supply. I've got both the Supercharger 5A and 3A's plugged into a relatively cheap conditioner. There is a sound difference with the conditioner in the chain, the sound is noticeably clearer/less fuzzy, and with more accurate staging. Clearer doesn't always mean better though, as clearer means less body with an overall sharper sound. Basically it does make a difference, but it's going to come down to preference on if it's a good difference or not. I'm just starting out with power conditioning though, and have no experience with more expensive conditioners which may not have the same drawbacks as my cheapo unit. All I know for sure is that the sound does change when you plug a Supercharger into a conditioner.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #59 of 186
And here it is! It really looks tiny on my rack, expecially compared to the Volot.
The big Marantz at the bottom is going to be replaced by a Bartok in a few days...

Attachments

• IMG_5151.JPG
    IMG_5151.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5152.JPG
    IMG_5152.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back