Burson's sexy flagship: Burson Soloist Voyager. Pure Pure Class-A, 10Watts fully balanced
Mar 19, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #181 of 186

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #182 of 186

Still a weird comparison: even with the same opamps and SP modules he compared the single ended version of the GT to the Voyager...

No one yet has compared what's most obvious to be compared (and the most fair way to do it)
3x GT (V7 vivid + SP2) vs Voyager (V7 vivid + SP2)

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #183 of 186
Got the V7 Vivids installed in my 2023 Soloist 3X GT. The difference to the V6’s is immediate. Everything is clearer is a word that comes to mind. There is even more detail, separation, tighter more defined bass, air, vocals are eerily realistic, and the cymbals - the rolloff is glorious. Assuming you have a DAC with a noise floor low enough to take advantage this is a no-brainer upgrade for $400. With my XTC2’s from JM Audio Designs tuned for ultimate resolution the music just explodes all around me with details never heard before. Bravo Burson for a huge further step towards perfection!

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #184 of 186
In addition to the V7 Vivids for my 2023 Soloist 3X GT, which was an unqualified success in my opinion, I got the V7 Classic for my 2022 Soloist 3X GT. As with the V7’s the difference was immediate. Same results with more detail, separation, tighter more defined bass, air etc., but not as razor sharp as the V7 Vivids. The biggest diff from the V6 Vivids is in the vocals. The 2022 GT has a little bit of a raw presentation, that I actually like on some tracks, which the V7 Classics tame. It takes on the smoother, more organic persona of the 2023 GT. So if you have a 2022 or earlier GT and are thinking about upgrading to the 2023 GT or Voyager I would recommend trying this first. If you still want to upgrade you will still have the V7 Classics for the Voyager or 2023 GT to try out. It may just do the trick for you - again assuming you have a DAC with low enough noise floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back