[BursonAudio 160D] Audio problems. Sound is blasting loudly only from one side.
Jul 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

whatsntomake

New Head-Fier
I'm having some audio/technical problems with my BursonAudio 160D. I'm wondering if anybody could share some troubleshooting advice.
My burson is hooked via usb to my computer.
Whenever I play audio, music blasts out disproportionately loud on only one side. I have this problem on 2 headphones and a speaker (connected via the preout). I've verified that both the headphones and speaker work normally when not plugged into the burson. 
It's quite loud that it can be reasonably heard from another room despite the volume (both the physical knob and software volume adjuster) being set quite low.
I bought some deoxit and cleaned the contacts but this problem still persists.

To be sure that this isn't a problem with my computer (at least on the software side) - I've plugged my headphones and speaker directly into my computer and the audio plays normally. 

Thanks for any help you can give! 

Jul 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 4
Check if the problem persists when you use other signal than USB to feed the Burson. Such problems appear when the ground connection in one channel of either the attenuator or the amplifier's NFB loop is temporarily lost. Blame broken PCB trace or poor soldering. Sometimes it happens that the solder point looks good but the actual contact is mechanically detached.

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 4
Get in touch with Burson, they are always very responsive with the customers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back