Burson V7 Classic Pro and V7 Vivid Pro - Hi-Fi audiophile solid-state op-amps
Feb 28, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #62 of 227
In my Burson Soloist 3X GT (2023), I already have two pairs (x4) of Sparkos SS2590) and one pair of the SIL994. I’m intrigued by the V7 but I’m questioning how much better it can be over the combination I currently have. I’m pretty happy with it, as it brings a lot of clinical-leaning headphones to life (e.g., HD800S, HE1000se).

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #63 of 227
Oof... 250€ after shipping and taxes. Maybe I should just buy an entirely new setup instead or put the money towards a new set of headphones, I mean how much better could my Playmate 2 realistically get going from V6 to V7.
Hmmm...you might be better off if you would drop an email to Burson, just in case they might figure out for you a vendor on your continent. You might need to wait a bit more, but this way you might save some money.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #64 of 227
In my Burson Soloist 3X GT (2023), I already have two pairs (x4) of Sparkos SS2590) and one pair of the SIL994. I’m intrigued by the V7 but I’m questioning how much better it can be over the combination I currently have. I’m pretty happy with it, as it brings a lot of clinical-leaning headphones to life (e.g., HD800S, HE1000se).
If you're happy with the sound then leave it as it is, but if you happen to borrow a six-pack of V7 then give it a try and do let us know if you like how it sounds. For me the 3X GT 2023 seems to sound a bit more detailed with the V7 Pro vs. the V6.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #65 of 227
I must be the only one that thinks the price is really reasonable :sweat_smile: The SS2590's are a lot more expensive, with two singles and two duals being around $400. The V7's are a little over half that price with the current bundle promo.

I'm in the same boat as others. My Bursons already sound incredible, so I'm waiting for impressions/comparisons before giving the V7's a go.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #66 of 227
If you're happy with the sound then leave it as it is, but if you happen to borrow a six-pack of V7 then give it a try and do let us know if you like how it sounds. For me the 3X GT 2023 seems to sound a bit more detailed with the V7 Pro vs. the V6.
That would be the rational thing to do (to leave it as-is), but we are not rational people here :)

If I were to buy, I would probably start with one pair of V7 Classics to see if it makes a difference. I might wait until some brave soul here tries them first :gs1000smile:

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #67 of 227
Technically speaking I see the following differences:
- the housing / outer case made of aluminum is definitely better than plastic or free air;
- the inside transistors benefit of "free" heatsink due to the aluminum case;
- V7 has an increased bias current for the class-A output stage (thanks to the better cooling);
- the tiny PCB makes the V7 much smaller in height, the smallest op-amp made of discrete components I've ever seen.

Audible is very hard to tell without testing them in a specific device, but head-fiers state that the sound is crispier /detailed. Also, from what I've measured, I see that we can play slightly with the harmonics profile by mixing the V7 Vivid with V7 Classic, although golden ears might be needed to confirm the difference in their audio devices.

Bottom of line, the V7 Pro line is the best I've seen from Burson, and I've tested everything from V5 till now.

Feb 28, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #68 of 227
That would be the rational thing to do (to leave it as-is), but we are not rational people here :)

If I were to buy, I would probably start with one pair of V7 Classics to see if it makes a difference. I might wait until some brave soul here tries them first :gs1000smile:
I had them tried in Soloist 3X GT 2023 here and I find the combination of Vivid + Classic as sounding a bit better for my taste, but YMMV.

Feb 28, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #69 of 227
Technically speaking I see the following differences:
- the housing / outer case made of aluminum is definitely better than plastic or free air;
- the inside transistors benefit of "free" heatsink due to the aluminum case;
- V7 has an increased bias current for the class-A output stage (thanks to the better cooling);
- the tiny PCB makes the V7 much smaller in height, the smallest op-amp made of discrete components I've ever seen.

Audible is very hard to tell without testing them in a specific device, but head-fiers state that the sound is crispier /detailed. Also, from what I've measured, I see that we can play slightly with the harmonics profile by mixing the V7 Vivid with V7 Classic, although golden ears might be needed to confirm the difference in their audio devices.

Bottom of line, the V7 Pro line is the best I've seen from Burson, and I've tested everything from V5 till now.
I'm thinking of buyer 1 set of V7 Vivids and one set of V7 Classics. Would the third set for the volume control make any difference? Thanks for your advice before I buy.

Feb 28, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #70 of 227
Feb 28, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #71 of 227
I'm thinking of buyer 1 set of V7 Vivids and one set of V7 Classics. Would the third set for the volume control make any difference? Thanks for your advice before I buy.
The gain stage (or voltage amplification stage) should benefit most of the op-amps upgrade in amplifiers, but in some devices the input and output stages could be "sensitive" to op-amps upgrades as well.

Feb 29, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #72 of 227
Shame that you cannot buy an upgrade pack with 2 pair of V7 Vivid and 1 pair of Classics.

Sorry ask a dumb question but whats the difference between the Dual and Single? Assume Dual is the one to go for since every pic on here the Duals!

Will be going in to 2022 3X GT

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #73 of 227
Shame that you cannot buy an upgrade pack with 2 pair of V7 Vivid and 1 pair of Classics.

Sorry ask a dumb question but whats the difference between the Dual and Single? Assume Dual is the one to go for since every pic on here the Duals!

Will be going in to 2022 3X GT
Actually I wanted that option too. I ended up just ordering two pair instead of three because I couldn’t mix and match in the upgrade option. I’ll just use my V6 for the volume control.

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #74 of 227
Not dumb at all! Single vs Dual comes down to the design of the DAC/AMP. You have to choose the correct one for your setup. The 3X GT uses six Dual op amps.

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #75 of 227
Bought a pair of V7vivid dual and a pair of v7vivid single through the upgrade packs (M180 use that) to switch my V6's vivids on my Sound Blaster AE9
Can't wait to see if i get improved sounding.
I'm using a Meze 99 classic with it, and the previous combination with v6's is already great (a big step up from the original opamps - two ti NE5534 and two JRC 2114D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back