Burson V6 Vivid and V6 Classic Discrete Audio Opamps Discussion and Reviews

1. mikaelmark
    Thank you for that clarification! Nice to hear from Bursoun themselves here at the forum - really good manufacturer support!

Last week, I listened some more to my portable rig with my own assembled Lovely Black Cube, using the Burson V6 Vivid. And I like the sound more and more, maybe it´s like many already stated; They need some burn in time.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ehmann-black-cube-linear-clone.501046/page-95

2. Onik
    20171010_120846.jpg
    Today is really a different day for me for the first time I am gonna try BURSON OP-AMPS, I received only the V6_VIVID_single OP AMPS.

Right now I am gonna try this 2 sexy looking OP AMPS for my sexy Card ZxR. and I will post my reviews once I am done with the sound test.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    alphanumerix1 likes this.
  3. Webber1
  4. john57
    I did ask that question to Alex at Burson and you can mix the Vivid and Classic in the same box. Ideally you you want the same op-amp for both channels. It can not hurt. Duals are used when differential inputs are being used.

5. eemarko
    Hi guys, ordered my 3x dual Vivid's for STX II about a week ago.
    Will post how they sound once I get them and then after they warm up.
    Any idea about when should I expect them? Got nothing about it at all

6. bunkbail
    You should be getting your tracking number on your email as soon as they shipped. I bought 2x duals 2x singles V6 Classic and got the tracking number hours after making the order 3 days ago. They mentioned that I should be expecting to receive the items within 10-14 working days.

7. mikaelmark
    Yes, that´s correct! For me, it took twelve week day´s from payment until I received the tracking number - the shipping took max one week and was shipped fron Hong Kong.

A strange thing I notieced was regardless it was tracked shipping, I just received it in my mail box. No signing from me needed.

I live in Sweden.

8. alphanumerix1
    2017-10-07 03.52.08 1.jpg

Impressions coming soon.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  9. Webber1
    @alphanumerix1
    Just put 2 vivids into STX2 yesterday, first I was so disappointed with the flat lifeless bassless sound and I preferred the default MUSES setup over Vivids....took them 24 hours of playing to start revealing some of their magic.....you will have to move capacitors slightly as vivids are a bit large.....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  10. EternalChampion
    Isn't it enough to use the extra sockets the op amps come with? With the V5 I did not have to move anything. Just plug-and-play.

11. Webber1
    I plugged V6 directly into the board without extra sockets, the housing of opamps is a little big so you have to tilt the capacitors just slightly to fit. I guess with extra sockets you can just plug and play.

12. sha007
    Are those extra sockets comes free or have to pay for those? can you please upload a pic of those sockets? I've not seen those.

13. sha007

Can you please tell me whether the sound is warm or bright with the vivid while you are using the Hd 600?

Edit : I meant while listening music not gaming.

14. alphanumerix1
    Yes the fit is a little tight but they fit without issues of course. I have 3 vivids currently plugged into my stx.

Sound impressions then full review to follow.

15. mikaelmark
    The V6 are from factory assembled at one DIP-socket and are then also inserted in an extra similar socket, and this one can easily be removed by just carefully pull apart it.

There are two advantages of removing the extra socket; The height of the V6 will be about 5mm lower and also will it minimize the risk of bad connection caused by oxide with time, but at least the socket pin´s are gold plated to minimize this risk (the most reliable way is to first remove the extra socket and then solder directly to the board - but of course this will not be easy to swap out in the future).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017