Burson V6 Vivid and V6 Classic Discrete Audio Opamps Discussion and Reviews
Feb 18, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #526 of 537
Really impressive sound from Tempotec V3 3.5mm -> Douk U3 + Burson V6 Vivid -> HD650
Not sure if the newer V7 Pro would fit in the Tempotec V3, but you might want to have a look here. The new op-amps are a bit smaller and might fit better in smaller enclosures while the aluminum shell should better handle the heat dissipation. Still, the aluminum shell is electricity conductive, so these op-amps can not be mounted on cable extenders, just on plain DIP8 sockets, otherwise it could mess up things in there by causing short-circuit.

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #527 of 537
Not sure if the newer V7 Pro would fit in the Tempotec V3, but you might want to have a look here. The new op-amps are a bit smaller and might fit better in smaller enclosures while the aluminum shell should better handle the heat dissipation. Still, the aluminum shell is electricity conductive, so these op-amps can not be mounted on cable extenders, just on plain DIP8 sockets, otherwise it could mess up things in there by causing short-circuit.
I don't use Burson V6 in my Tempotec V3 :) I use it in "Douk U3" mini amplifier connected to "Tempotec V3" as a DAC from my smartphone with Neutron player😁 compared to some other op-amps Burson V6 Vivid sounds the most refined, natural, musical and engaging out of all my op-amp collection. Can't stop listening, especially with Jazz and Blues 🎧 🎶🎶🎶
Of course very interested in new Burson V7 op-amps, hope that some day I will get and try them 😊

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_40cb3136-b052-4709-bacb-8a6bbe9303d7.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_40cb3136-b052-4709-bacb-8a6bbe9303d7.jpeg
    610 KB · Views: 0
Feb 23, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #528 of 537
I don't use Burson V6 in my Tempotec V3 :) I use it in "Douk U3" mini amplifier connected to "Tempotec V3" as a DAC from my smartphone with Neutron player😁 compared to some other op-amps Burson V6 Vivid sounds the most refined, natural, musical and engaging out of all my op-amp collection. Can't stop listening, especially with Jazz and Blues 🎧 🎶🎶🎶
Of course very interested in new Burson V7 op-amps, hope that some day I will get and try them 😊
I find the U3 to be noisy. Does replacing the 5532 with the V6 remedies that?

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #529 of 537
I find the U3 to be noisy. Does replacing the 5532 with the V6 remedies that?
For me the biggest audible difference with U3 was replacing DC power from cheap 5V wall adapter to 12V Linear DC supply. The sound immediately became transparent, solid, bold with good authority in bass and wider scene, much more like a good desktop amp. And after I replaced 5532D with V6 opamp it became even more refined, with better instrument separation, much more natural timbre of instruments and vocals, 0 digital glare. When I've changed power supply to quality 12-20V instead of 5V and changed Op-Amp to V6 - I felt like Douk U3 increased its price minimum 10x times in sound quality. I was very amazed how goof this cheap amplifier could sound for its price.

Feb 23, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #530 of 537
For me the biggest audible difference with U3 was replacing DC power from cheap 5V wall adapter to 12V Linear DC supply. The sound immediately became transparent, solid, bold with good authority in bass and wider scene, much more like a good desktop amp. And after I replaced 5532D with V6 opamp it became even more refined, with better instrument separation, much more natural timbre of instruments and vocals, 0 digital glare. When I've changed power supply to quality 12-20V instead of 5V and changed Op-Amp to V6 - I felt like Douk U3 increased its price minimum 10x times in sound quality. I was very amazed how goof this cheap amplifier could sound for its price.
I used an XIAOMI power bank to power the U3. This way it is supposed to eliminate any noise resulting from AC/DC conversion but the noise is still very audible.

Feb 23, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #531 of 537
The noise you're hearing is probably not coming from the power supply, but from the internal gain stage of the amplifier itself.

However, I don't think it's your case, but internally the XIAOMI power bank has DC-DC converters that boosts the 3.7V from the rechargeable battery to 5V to feed the USB port. The 5V generated by such a power bank might be noisier than the original power supply of the audio device (DAC or amplifier). Worth looking for a power supply or a power bank that has some oscilloscope measurements done on Internet specific websites (AC ripple & noise).

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #532 of 537
I'd like to try the V6 Vivid opamps in my Burson Playmate 2. Do I need to replace both the Singles and Duals? I read somewhere that replacing the Singles will make the biggest difference but I don't know how true this is. Appreciate any advice!

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #534 of 537
I'd like to try the V6 Vivid opamps in my Burson Playmate 2. Do I need to replace both the Singles and Duals? I read somewhere that replacing the Singles will make the biggest difference but I don'tA know how true this is.
IMG20240425151451.jpg
The v7 vivid op-amps will have a huge impact in the IV stage. The sound will have more resolution and impact

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #537 of 537
I'd like to try the V6 Vivid opamps in my Burson Playmate 2. Do I need to replace both the Singles and Duals? I read somewhere that replacing the Singles will make the biggest difference but I don't know how true this is. Appreciate any advice!
There's an entire thread you might want to read about Playmate here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...2wpc-headamp-preamp-changeable-opamps.894619/. I/V would be the first op-amps you might want to swap, but still reading the above thread might help more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back