Burson Soloist SL MK2 Appreciation/Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #136 of 165

Hey guys-I am looking for a small, simple, SS, class A biased amp within the SL MK2s price range($500-1000). At this point in time I can't find any objective formal or informal reviews. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Could this thing be a giant killer? Let's get a decent discussion started. I need help.......

Does anyone know how the CSR from Burson Audio rating ? I ordered the Soloist MkII several days ago but I have not heard any information about my order ? Thank you.

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #137 of 165
I received a replied e-mail from Alex @ Burson Audio around 9 pm Australian time and that impressed me with the kind of CSR from Burson Audio. I also get an offer for the Conductor V2+ as a returned customer that I couldn't resist. So, I will be waiting for the Soloist Mk 2 and the Conductor V2+.
I really appreciate any audio company that has superb customer service. I commend folks @ Schitt Audio for their excellent customer service that why I bought several audio pieces from Schitt Audio. JDS Labs is another example of good solid customer service. Now, I find another Audio company that offer great customer service, The Burson Audio.

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #138 of 165
will be nice to have a comparison between this and the Fun, i think the soloist should perform a bit better....but hard to say...

Nov 29, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #139 of 165
Received my Soloist in the mail the other day. I used to run a Modi2u/Magni2 stack before this. The stack sounds great but I wasn't aware of how much more I could get out my HD600's. The Soloist really brought out the low end and decimated the harshness of the highs for these cans. The amp gives a more relaxed presentation to my ears which makes it a less fatiguing experience overall.

I originally bought the Soloist to pair with some LCD-3's but I just can't get over how well the HD600's sound with this amp. Two thumbs up from me.

Nov 30, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #140 of 165
Received my Soloist in the mail the other day. I used to run a Modi2u/Magni2 stack before this. The stack sounds great but I wasn't aware of how much more I could get out my HD600's. The Soloist really brought out the low end and decimated the harshness of the highs for these cans. The amp gives a more relaxed presentation to my ears which makes it a less fatiguing experience overall.

I originally bought the Soloist to pair with some LCD-3's but I just can't get over how well the HD600's sound with this amp. Two thumbs up from me.

How does it pair with the LCD-3's?

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #141 of 165

Hey guys-I am looking for a small, simple, SS, class A biased amp within the SL MK2s price range($500-1000). At this point in time I can't find any objective formal or informal reviews. Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Could this thing be a giant killer? Let's get a decent discussion started. I need help.......

I am late to the game but I ordered the MK Soloist MKII and I cannot be any happier. Clean, clear, punchy and a lot of power reserved ( headroom) and my headphones sound soo wide ( soundstage). I am so impressed with the folks of the land of the down and under who can make the crocodile sings in between my two ears, I contacted Alex at Burson Audio and bought the Conductor V2+.

I keep all my Shitt Audio since they have its own sound to my ears . My listening room turns into an American melting pot. Made in USA, Australia ( designed) and China.

Dec 6, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #142 of 165
How does it pair with the LCD-3's?

I finally got around to listening more with the LCD-3's. I didn't have much to complain about with the schiit stack but I was sure I could get more out of these cans. I was correct and would say the Soloist makes the LCD-3's sound more well-rounded and full-bodied. They still sound lush and extravagant, but when going back to the schiit stack, it's clear the sound was a little more thin. The Soloist feels like a warm, satiating hug <3.

Feb 27, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #144 of 165
Just bought a Burson Soloist SL MKII and a Topping d50 to pair with it.

Waiting on my DT1990's to come in so I can try this stack out, hopefully they are paired well..

Have used a few different sets over the years, but only a couple of amps, mostly much cheaper models like FiiOs matched with my DT990's

I have decided to just get a higher end setup completely after having a couple of years with almost nothing other then my IEM's

May 11, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #145 of 165
does anyone have opinions on the Burson Soloist (non-SL version)??
Seems to be the big brother to the SL versions. Wondering if they’re the real upgrade

Jun 9, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #146 of 165
Anyone have a chance to compare the SL to the Violectric HPA V100?

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #147 of 165
Hi, i know its been mentioned here, got a used mk2 and love how it sounds, but...............the humming on high gain ruining silent passages, how did that pass QC!

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #148 of 165
Is there anyone still using their Burson Soloist MKII? This amp is definitely a dying breed using all discrete electronic parts; no surface mount parts. Burson is now making very different or modern amps now, using mostly surface mount parts and the option of op amp rolling. I’m a bit surprised at Burson because they were always against using IC op amps, only discrete. I still love my SL MKII, sounds awesome. I have nothing against surface mount parts, just curious what some of you have to say.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #149 of 165
Hell yea
20200920_194706_HDR.jpg

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #150 of 165
Hi, i know its been mentioned here, got a used mk2 and love how it sounds, but...............the humming on high gain ruining silent passages, how did that pass QC!
Yes, I also get a low level hum on the left channel only in high gain mode as well. But, it seems to diminish as I turn up the volume. I don’t hear it once the music starts, even during some silent passages.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back