Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume control
Aug 25, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #2,746 of 3,132
I bought an open box Soloist 3XP and it was pretty hot. It was defective and sounded horrible, but luckily the vendor allowed me to send it back for a refund. I don't think I want to try it again, so moving on to something different and the search continues.

Sep 2, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #2,747 of 3,132
I have a question. Where do you get the XLR to RCA connectors to utilize the balanced output? I read the manual and they recommend using ONLY Burson connectors, but the unit does not come with it. I looked on the Burson site and their dealers and NO one has them for sale.

I was going to order some Nuetrix connectors but am now having reservations. Burson claims using other connectors can damage the OP amps.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Sep 2, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #2,748 of 3,132
I emailed Burson and they were able to send me an invoice link to make the purchase for the adapters. I'm not sure why they don't have them listed on their site.

Sep 3, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #2,749 of 3,132
I bought an open box Soloist 3XP and it was pretty hot. It was defective and sounded horrible, but luckily the vendor allowed me to send it back for a refund. I don't think I want to try it again, so moving on to something different and the search continues.
I don't know where you are and what suppliers are near you but Burson provide excellent customer service and I have a Conductor 3x and it is stellar. Have you had a listen to an operating burson headamp? It's worth a try, I really think they are good value price vs performance too. I have a Sparkos Aries too. Can highly recommend the product and the company.

Sep 3, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #2,751 of 3,132

Did you purchase from an authorized Burson dealer ? Sounds like you got a dishonest dealer more so than a Burson issue?

Sep 12, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #2,754 of 3,132
Did I dream this, or was the volume control wheel clicky before? I just connected a pair of headphones through 3,5mm (usually only use XLR), and suddenly the volume control wheel has no clicks when I turn it!!??
Mine never clicks either balanced or single ended.

Sep 13, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #2,757 of 3,132
Sep 18, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #2,758 of 3,132
Looking for opamp to add a lot of wamth and thickness. Any ideas?

I actually have the timekeeper 3i / smsl400 paired with a susvara. Want a little more weight on the vocals. I'm not sure how much difference an opamp can make but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back