Burson Soloist 3X Performance Head/Pre Amp - 8Wpc XLR with MUSE72320 volume control
Apr 17, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #2,911 of 3,128
I just want to know if the supercharger does anything or if Im being tempted by snake oil haha.
I think it depends on the quality of power coming into your home. If you live in a house built in the 50s and no one has improved the electrical, then yes it will help.

If you have recently renovated your house and had all the electrical redone and there is no noise coming through then no it will not.

As long as you have quality power coming into the home, take that money and buy a Gold point and run the 3XP in power Amp mode.

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #2,913 of 3,128
Hi !
I want to try new op amps for my Soloist but cant find musch information regarding sonic profiles of different Op Amps .
I want a smoother / Warmer sound profile than the Vivid Amp i am currently using and dont know where to start.

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #2,914 of 3,128
Hi !
I want to try new op amps for my Soloist but cant find musch information regarding sonic profiles of different Op Amps .
I want a smoother / Warmer sound profile than the Vivid Amp i am currently using and dont know where to start.

sound will depend on the circuit. But you need Orange Dual Opamps for the sound you are describing.

May 6, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #2,915 of 3,128
Just bought mine from a local seller. But the numberings have a weird shadow. Anybody ever encounter this?
Screenshot_20230506_121228_Instagram.jpg

May 6, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #2,918 of 3,128
How difficult it is to change it? And where can I find the spare parts? Thanks!
I have the same thing because it is an OLED display. I had mine in PowerAmp mode almost the entire time I have owned it. It puts up a static image to represent that you are in PowerAmp mode. After some time that image will burn into the display. Yours looks like mine when I took it out of PowerAmp mode.

May 6, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #2,919 of 3,128
I have the same thing because it is an OLED display. I had mine in PowerAmp mode almost the entire time I have owned it. It puts up a static image to represent that you are in PowerAmp mode. After some time that image will burn into the display. Yours looks like mine when I took it out of PowerAmp mode.
How do I turn on the poweramp mode? is it using the Supercharger? Sorry again, I'm a noob.
EDIT:
Figured it out.! I see, I didn't know it was OLED, now it makes sense.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #2,920 of 3,128
How do I turn on the poweramp mode? is it using the Supercharger? Sorry again, I'm a noob.
EDIT:
Figured it out.! I see, I didn't know it was OLED, now it makes sense.
I would say if you can get your hands on a good passive preamp (like the Goldpoint) then put it in PowerAmp mode. If you are chasing that last 2% of performance that is the way to go.

If you have good clean power coming into your home, I recommend going with PowerAmp mode rather than a supercharger.

May 6, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #2,921 of 3,128
I would say if you can get your hands on a good passive preamp (like the Goldpoint) then put it in PowerAmp mode. If you are chasing that last 2% of performance that is the way to go
If you have good clean power coming into your home, I recommend going with PowerAmp mode rather than a supercharger.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look for one. Another thing, I travel between countries that has 110v electricity and 220v often. Would that avctuallt work? I'm wondering if the power supply is actually built it or not.

May 6, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #2,922 of 3,128
I'm so thankful, I got this amp in the first place! I use it with my Focal Clear MG.
It really smoothens the sharp treble. It also I feel like makes it punchier and live-lier while increasing the soundstage.

I wasn't an amp believer before, but man this really opened my eyes.

May 6, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #2,923 of 3,128
I'm so thankful, I got this amp in the first place! I use it with my Focal Clear MG.
It really smoothens the sharp treble. It also I feel like makes it punchier and live-lier while increasing the soundstage.

I wasn't an amp believer before, but man this really opened my eyes.
Try the Orange amps (not the Burson Classic, the brand Orange). Smooth with imo better dynamics and good soundstage. A little brighter than the stock opamps but still quite warm leaning

May 6, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #2,924 of 3,128
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look for one. Another thing, I travel between countries that has 110v electricity and 220v often. Would that avctuallt work? I'm wondering if the power supply is actually built it or not.
The power supply is external, and the included power brick is a traditional switching power supply that is universal, and you just need the plug adaptor for whatever region you are traveling.

Now since you do travel you may want to invest in the Supercharger since you don't know what the quality of power you will get going from place to place. If you end up in some house that is still using electrical work done in the 70s then the Supercharger is a good thing to have.

May 7, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #2,925 of 3,128
The power supply is external, and the included power brick is a traditional switching power supply that is universal, and you just need the plug adaptor for whatever region you are traveling.

Now since you do travel you may want to invest in the Supercharger since you don't know what the quality of power you will get going from place to place. If you end up in some house that is still using electrical work done in the 70s then the Supercharger is a good thing to have.
Ah! that's very good to know, and yes I think I will invest on a supercharger at some point. Just to make sure that the amp quality is always stable.
Try the Orange amps (not the Burson Classic, the brand Orange). Smooth with imo better dynamics and good soundstage. A little brighter than the stock opamps but still quite warm leaning
https://orangeamps.com/product/op-amp/ Is this the one you're talking about? I'm actually interested in Opamps rolling. So any guide would be very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back