Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer Head Amp/Pre Amp w/Sub out - 10W XLR
May 20, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #2,296 of 2,327
Thanks, I got mine used so it seems it is best to refund it at this point. I will wait to hear back from them because it is just the supercharger, the amp has no issues, seeing if they can replace it.
Maybe you are correct. I'm somewhat regretting dealing with Burson at all, Soloist 3xGT gone for 2 months, I emailed again today, no ETA, just a thank you for your patience.
at this point, I wish I hadn't purchased the soloist or the timekeepers (as without the soloist they are just sitting there).
I'm not sure what else to do to put pressure on this company, but jeez, what a bad taste in the mouth.

May 20, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #2,298 of 2,327
Maybe you are correct. I'm somewhat regretting dealing with Burson at all, Soloist 3xGT gone for 2 months, I emailed again today, no ETA, just a thank you for your patience.
at this point, I wish I hadn't purchased the soloist or the timekeepers (as without the soloist they are just sitting there).
I'm not sure what else to do to put pressure on this company, but jeez, what a bad taste in the mouth.
Their support is not too bad, they offered to replace my supercharger. Two months is way too long though, for a product, they should have a normal timeline for it

May 20, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #2,299 of 2,327
Their support is not too bad, they offered to replace my supercharger. Two months is way too long though, for a product, they should have a normal timeline for it
Oh I agree! It's just frustrating because I don't even have a timeline yet. If they say, really sorry, but it'll take 4-5 weeks, ok, that sucks, but at least its information. For now, its radio silence. And their "guy" in California, there is no contact info for him. The mailing label was for a company in California, which I googled, and couldn't find any company with that name. Real shame.

May 20, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #2,300 of 2,327
Oh I agree! It's just frustrating because I don't even have a timeline yet. If they say, really sorry, but it'll take 4-5 weeks, ok, that sucks, but at least its information. For now, its radio silence. And their "guy" in California, there is no contact info for him. The mailing label was for a company in California, which I googled, and couldn't find any company with that name. Real shame.
Thats extremely sketchy, for all the QC issues I have with hifiman, they have always provided pretty good support with my amp and headphones I bought from them. I expect better from an australian company with a price premium.

May 21, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #2,302 of 2,327
I am quite happy with my Soloist 3X GT @ SP-02 + V6 Vivids and because the V7 opamps really expensive (170€/pair -> 170x3=510€), I am struggling with myself since few days. But at the end, I just ordered 4 V7 Vivids today since I think the pair for the volume stage is not really important (for the volume stage, I will just keep the V6s). I would like to test the V7 Classics as well, but I will not spend that much money for just opamps.

May 23, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #2,303 of 2,327
I am quite happy with my Soloist 3X GT @ SP-02 + V6 Vivids and because the V7 opamps really expensive (170€/pair -> 170x3=510€), I am struggling with myself since few days. But at the end, I just ordered 4 V7 Vivids today since I think the pair for the volume stage is not really important (for the volume stage, I will just keep the V6s). I would like to test the V7 Classics as well, but I will not spend that much money for just opamps.
Why don’t you order all sets classics en vivids, and try a combination, and only keep which you like? Sent the rest back.

I just tried one pair of vivid v7 classics in the input buffer stage which was quite nice together with the vivid v6’s in the rx gt.

May 23, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #2,304 of 2,327

if its too expensive get pairs of Muzg audio Dual opamps dip8 version
288,00 zł = 67 euo a piece ..402 euros for 6 pcs

https://muzgaudio.com/en/produkt/efficient-jfet-operational-amplifier/

May 23, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #2,305 of 2,327
I would like to try the vivid v7, but i find the v6 great with my susvaras, with arya were to bright, but not with the susvaras. What am i going to find if i put the vivid v7. In what way changes from v6? Im interested in soundstage mainly and i find its huge with the v6.

May 23, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #2,308 of 2,327
I would like to try the vivid v7, but i find the v6 great with my susvaras, with arya were to bright, but not with the susvaras. What am i going to find if i put the vivid v7. In what way changes from v6? Im interested in soundstage mainly and i find its huge with the v6.
V7 Vivids are smoother, wider, and more detailed. They're just a more refined version of the V6 variant. The differences are noticeable, but not significant. That's how it is with most op amps. The only time I see a significant shift is when putting in something like the V7 Classics or SS3602 into the voltage stage, which didn't work for me. Too muddy, but I probably don't have headphones that would benefit from that (e.g., Atriums or other high-impedance dynamic driver headphones with a warm-leaning tonality).

May 23, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #2,309 of 2,327
General Advice needed:

Sorry for mentioning this subject again, but just need some input on what (if anything) I can do next:

I purchased Soloist 3XGT (from dealer in Canada) and timekeepers 3xgt (feb 2023) - registered warranty on Burson website, and purchased with credit card which extends warranty

March 2024 - device stopped working. defective. burson took 1 month of back and forth emails of troubleshooting then stopped replying at all
April 2024 - dealer had me return device to burson service center in california. was told 2-3 weeks turnaround time
Since the item was received, no communication regarding when the device will be repaired, ETA for the return. Just simply either no response or "thank you for your patience". I was told at one point they "may be waiting for spare parts".

My question: how long is it reasonable to expect the delay to be? If a company can't even fix their own equipment, they should replace it. (its still under warranty). Are they obligated to provide repair/replacement within a reasonable amount of time?
What would my next step be to try to resolve this situation?

Since I purchased it from a dealer in Canada, I assume that any complaints would harm the dealer, and it really doesn't seem to be his fault. He also states he tries to contact Burson but not getting any answers.
However, I can't really make a complaint against Burson because I didn't purchase it from them (ie. australian consumer protection wouldn't apply to me because I purchased from Canada)?

Your wisdom is appreciated!!!

May 23, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #2,310 of 2,327
General Advice needed:

Sorry for mentioning this subject again, but just need some input on what (if anything) I can do next:

I purchased Soloist 3XGT (from dealer in Canada) and timekeepers 3xgt (feb 2023) - registered warranty on Burson website, and purchased with credit card which extends warranty

March 2024 - device stopped working. defective. burson took 1 month of back and forth emails of troubleshooting then stopped replying at all
April 2024 - dealer had me return device to burson service center in california. was told 2-3 weeks turnaround time
Since the item was received, no communication regarding when the device will be repaired, ETA for the return. Just simply either no response or "thank you for your patience". I was told at one point they "may be waiting for spare parts".

My question: how long is it reasonable to expect the delay to be? If a company can't even fix their own equipment, they should replace it. (its still under warranty). Are they obligated to provide repair/replacement within a reasonable amount of time?
What would my next step be to try to resolve this situation?

Since I purchased it from a dealer in Canada, I assume that any complaints would harm the dealer, and it really doesn't seem to be his fault. He also states he tries to contact Burson but not getting any answers.
However, I can't really make a complaint against Burson because I didn't purchase it from them (ie. australian consumer protection wouldn't apply to me because I purchased from Canada)?

Your wisdom is appreciated!!!

Your dealer should have ordered a new main PCB, and have it installed by his tech. All the pcb's are modular, when u look into the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back