Burson Soloist 3X Grand Tourer Head Amp/Pre Amp w/Sub out - 10W XLR
Nov 20, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #182 of 2,273
Guys, Lachlan just responded and said he used the TT2, Yggdrasil OG, and the Holo May KTE to pair with the GT! I can't wait for his Holo May review.
Jay also has the Holo May or at least did. He confirmed he’s currently evaluating the 3GT and a Burson funk revision. Not sure on the timing of the review.

Nov 20, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #185 of 2,273
I think my Qutest maxes out at 3v but is currently set to 2v. If thinness is inversely related to output voltage, then I will definitely hear it. But for reference, it never sounded thin out the 3XP.

Nov 20, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #186 of 2,273
S
So, the xlr output of the pontus 2 is 4v. Could be why it's sounding slightly thin. The voltage on the hibiki sds that greyforest has might be on the lower side as well. This is all conjecture by the way.
Sds outputs 5.2v
3gt is different from 3xp
And it is bit thin sounding
That's how transparency is improved

Nov 21, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #188 of 2,273
Guys.. I have just received this amp, and honestly the Susvara sounds nothing like it does on the Jotunheim 2. There is a depth and dimensionality that just isn't there on the Jot 2. All sense of compressed dynamism or harshness in the highs is gone. The Susvara sound like a concert hall on this thing. The crossfeed is nice, gives it a speaker like presentation although the effect is subtle. I haven't tried the Oor or the Volot but I have to say if headphones can sound even better than this... well wow.

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #189 of 2,273
I’ve got the GT being driven off a Bifrost 2 which outputs 4V max via XLR. Gain is set to high, volume about 40 to hear all the details in the music - playing Apple Music lossless via an iPad Pro to ensure automatic bit rate switching. There was always a sense of harshness and compression when playing the Susvara off the Jot 2 which isn’t there with the GT. The whole sound signature is smooth and organic, but yes it isn’t a meaty sound. It’s done more with finesse, like there was a conductor intricately conducting an orchestra to play, it’s airy but punches hard when it needs to from track to track. It’s not punchy all the time when the music doesn’t call for it… can be subtle or heavy handed depending on the track. There’s a sophistication to the sound where I feel like it’s prioritising smoothness over slam.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #190 of 2,273
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #191 of 2,273
Nov 22, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #193 of 2,273
Excited for your impressions! Has anyone pre-ordered from Bloom? And if so, was there tracking provided?

Nov 22, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #194 of 2,273
Excited for your impressions! Has anyone pre-ordered from Bloom? And if so, was there tracking provided?
Contacted Bloom Audio last week, their shipment was held up at customs. They should be dispersing units this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back