Burson PLAY: DAC/Headphone Amp/Preamp/Opamp rolling platform with mic input for gaming
Jan 21, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #46 of 56
hello guys just received my BURSON PLAY BASIC. and I was really excited until I heard hissing on the right channel from my headphones: AMIRON HOME, ATH-R70X, I have noticed that on AMIRON HOME the hissing is louder and on R70X it's not really noticeable but still hiss on the right channel.

Is this unit faulty or is there anything I can do to have a complete BLACK BACKROUND(ZERO HISS)?

Jan 21, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #47 of 56
hello guys just received my BURSON PLAY BASIC. and I was really excited until I heard hissing on the right channel from my headphones: AMIRON HOME, ATH-R70X, I have noticed that on AMIRON HOME the hissing is louder and on R70X it's not really noticeable but still hiss on the right channel.

Is this unit faulty or is there anything I can do to have a complete BLACK BACKROUND(ZERO HISS)?

I am not sure if this is normal, like, I would expect the hissing to be qual on both channels.

Also, I noticed some light hissing with Play Basic, but it shouldn't have been a lot.

My first advice would be to return or replace the unit, iut shouldn't do that. Contact Burson, they are really responsible and friendly people AFAIK

Other solution, though not idea, would be to use something like iFi iEMAtch, which should cancel all hissing. I am guessing that the hissing is not caused by channel imbalance if it is louder on one ear though, so I would suggest contacting the seller, or Burson :)

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #49 of 56
Hi guys, i just received my PLAY Basic, but when i tested it with my Sennheiser PC37X, there was no sound from the mic.
Anyone else have issues with the mic input? am i missing something here?

Have you enabled the mic from Windows, and selected Burson as the main input?

I would play a bit with the settings, setting a new mic can be a bit of a hassle sometimes :)

EDIT::: In Windows, there are certain options for Windows to be either monitoring or not monitoring that mic, so basically to play or not play the sound of the mic in speakers / headphones, that is another thing to play with

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #50 of 56
Have you enabled the mic from Windows, and selected Burson as the main input?

I would play a bit with the settings, setting a new mic can be a bit of a hassle sometimes :)

EDIT::: In Windows, there are certain options for Windows to be either monitoring or not monitoring that mic, so basically to play or not play the sound of the mic in speakers / headphones, that is another thing to play with

I made the new input the default device for recording, but there still no sound.
There seems to be a volume spike detected when I mute and unmute my mic.

My PC couldn’t use the PLAY until I installed the Drivers from Bursons website.

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #51 of 56
I made the new input the default device for recording, but there still no sound.
There seems to be a volume spike detected when I mute and unmute my mic.

My PC couldn’t use the PLAY until I installed the Drivers from Bursons website.

Interesting. What windows are you running? Or what OS?

I'm not sure if any special drivers are needed for the microphone to work on Win 10 (?)

Jan 25, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #52 of 56
I’m using windows 8.1.
I’ve contacted Burson and they’ve advised me that the PLAY offers single channel mic input.
According to them my headset mic plug is stereo, so they advised me to get a Mono-to-Stereo Adapter to have a proper connection.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #54 of 56
I’m using windows 8.1.
I’ve contacted Burson and they’ve advised me that the PLAY offers single channel mic input.
According to them my headset mic plug is stereo, so they advised me to get a Mono-to-Stereo Adapter to have a proper connection.

I see, that I did not think about, but it is true, since most headests are single channel microphones, and not stereo.

how long Burson Audio normally takes to response?

It is almost CNY, so you may have to wait until after CNY has ended. I am not saying this is absolutely the case, but this may be a good explanation.

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #56 of 56
I hear popping sound from Play when changing volume on Windows and on Plays volume Pot, installed Tusb driver but still didn't fix the issue! is my PLAY picking mechanical noise from my Windows desktop system? Or is it a issue with Plays Dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back