Burson HA-160D + HD 650!!
Dec 16, 2010 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

libertine47

New Head-Fier
Hello forum,
Finally i decided to buy the HA-160D!! But here is the question, i was reading some reviews and almost all the users have  mac!!, is there a difference if i use the HA-160D with a custom pc with windows 7???
I suposed i have to use a usb cable (i was thnking... Cardas!)
My next gear, i already have the hd 650 (cardas):
PC (custom pc, because i'm also a gamer! 
biggrin.gif
)  >HA-160D with cardas clear usb cable >HD 650 (cardas)

is it ok??? thank u for ur replies.

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 22

Quote:
I wouldn't recommended using the Burson with a PC, unless you have a brushed aluminium PC case.

Could you explain why? Thank u.
Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't recommended using the Burson with a PC, unless you have a brushed aluminium PC case.

:)  thanks for that.

To the OP, a pc will be fine even if it has a plastic case :)

Tomjtx, what do you mean > "to the OP"
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 22
OP= Original poster
smile.gif

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #6 of 22

Quote:
OP= Original poster
smile.gif

Thank u for the reply, i am using windows 7 and my music is on flac, right now i'm using jet audio player to listen to my flac tunes, do i have to make a special configuration or use a special audio player?

windows 7 (flac) >HA-160D(cardas usb) >HD 650 (cardas)
Thank you.

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 22
The remark about the brushed aluminum case was a joke. Making fun of Apple fanboys. I am sure your setup will work just fine with Win7. Just make sure in control panel that your audio is set to output using the USB audio device and you will be fine. Enjoy!

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #8 of 22

Quote:
The remark about the brushed aluminum case was a joke. Making fun of Apple fanboys. I am sure your setup will work just fine with Win7. Just make sure in control panel that your audio is set to output using the USB audio device and you will be fine. Enjoy!

Thank u for the reply, it was very helpfull. I didnt know that joke! I was worried if it was true!! change the case is not so cheap!! anyway, just one question any good audio player???? right now i use itunes and jet audio... thanks a lot!!       
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #10 of 22
The general population here on Head-fi uses Foobar 2000... makes selecting output and such very easy and nice overall features...

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #11 of 22
You can also try MonkeyMedia, it's more user-friendly and slick. I prefer it to foobar2000 (also you need to manually install plugins with foobar e.g. to play m4a files, which is something you may not be happy doing). There's also JRiver Media Center (or the older but free JRiver Jukebox), however I have found it unstable whenever I've tried any version over the last 2 years :frowning2:

I'm getting the 160D on tuesday, can't wait.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #13 of 22

Congratulations on the purchase.  The Cardas USB is a fantastic cable.  Plus you've already got the Cardas on your 650s, so I'd stick with cables from the same manufacture.  And those 650s really do get so much better with time. Seriously, after 500 hours they rock, and only get better with time. Enjoy your awesome new rig... kinda makes me jealous.

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #15 of 22
I found that my hd800 also pairs well with the burson ha-160. I know that many headfiers complain that it makes the treble sound shrill but i seriously uage yet to experience this problem. Owned the hd600 and 650 before the 800 and the combination was sublime. You've got a good rig there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back