Burson HA 160. Anything better for $600 US?
Sep 19, 2010 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys. I am in the market for a new headphone amp. I am very interested in the Burson HA 160, and as luck goes, they are made in my home state. I can get one of these from Australia for about $600 US. From your personal experience, is there anything better than this amp for the price, especially in regards to comparing it to a combo like the Audio-GD FUN/NuForce Icon HDP? Is the $600 US better spent on getting something like a combo to get a DAC as well, or will the SQ increase from the Burson alone outdo the performane gain from the lower priced combos?

Thanks
smile.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #2 of 2

[size=medium]
Hi, I have my Burson amplifier HA-160 for several months and for sure it's an outstanding amplifier (I used before Shanling PH3000, Lehmann Rhinelander, Fubar, AV123, Creek OBH11 and maybe other out of my records). In conjunction with the AB-160 unit the sound is really good (just a basic user opinion). For sure you'll enjoy the Burson amplifier. Actually I'm thinking in sell my DAC Magic in combo with the Lehmann Rhinelander (really good amp too, in my opinion less soundstage than the Burson but more detailed). If interested let me know. But about the Burson: really good sound, the price more than fair. Best regards.
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back