Burson Conductor 3XGT
May 30, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #151 of 170
Is the Conductor 3XP xlr line output fixed or variable?
Both , (see manual)
IMG_4746.jpeg

Jun 14, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #153 of 170
Hello. I bought a Conductor 3XP device and I have a problem with it. my problem is that when using USB with a PC and using the 3XP pre out xlr output with an active speaker, sometimes a scary, loud popping sound comes out of the speaker, which literally scares me. There is something even scarier than that... sometimes it makes a sound as if something is shaking the speakers. crackling sound and awfully loud and scary too. what do you think? let me point out in advance, the xlr cable and speaker must work perfectly, they cannot be the source of the error. I welcome any useful information. this scary popping and "shaking" sound is there even if the 3XP is in preout or hp out mode. In fact, he did it even when he did not receive an active signal from any input, the 3XP was only switched on in idle mode!! Please help me find the problem, because the 3XP device is unusable!

Jun 18, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #155 of 170
is there anyone here who has or had a conductor 3XP device and switched to a 3xgt device? is there an audible difference? if so, what?
I did not have a 3xp but a 3xr conductor reference, and upgrading to the 3xgt conductor was a big step up, in dynamics, detail, smoothness and bass (not boosted but detailled low end).

It does mather with the gt if you choose the supercharger or not, it is not a huge difference both sound good, but with supercharger just a little extra.

So going from 3xp to 3xgt is a big step up! Actually in everything to be honest.

I ownded the conductor gt, amazing sounding dac/amp, now I went for soloist gt with chord qutest and hqplayer. Even better combination.

Jun 28, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #156 of 170
can the 4 op-amps be placed in only one position in the conductor 3XP device? so does it matter which way the Vivid inscription on the burs faces, front or back? if it matters, can you give me a link or a picture where I can see the correct position as they should be inserted?

Sep 14, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #157 of 170
I recently purchased a Conductor 3X GT, and liking the sound so far.
Does anyone know how to pair a new bluetooth device with the conductor? When I select input source as BT, nothing shows up on my phone to pair. And the Burson manual doesn't have any explanation on the pairing either.

Sep 14, 2023 at 12:36 AM Post #158 of 170
I recently purchased a Conductor 3X GT, and liking the sound so far.
Does anyone know how to pair a new bluetooth device with the conductor? When I select input source as BT, nothing shows up on my phone to pair. And the Burson manual doesn't have any explanation on the pairing either.
That is the only way. Select bluetooth, the phone should find it, I did remember I think (when I owned the conductor gt, the bluetooth name was not burson or something like that, a different name showed in bluetooth). When the name shows on the phone simply choose connect

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #159 of 170
I spent about a month going back and forth trying to decide between the Conductor 3X GT (Balanced) or the 3 GT (Single Ended). Both are said to sound slightly different, so it was a difficult decision. I went back and forth multiple times as I wanted the sound described from both models. Below are some of the resources I used to decide between the two models. Hopefully it will help someone else going through the same decision:

Sound News Soloist 3X GT and 3 GT Written Review - This is for the Soloist GT's, but the sound difference between SE & Balanced are said to be almost the same on the Conductors.
Passion for Sound Conductor 3X GT Review - Review for the Conductor 3X GT
Passion For Sound Conductor 3X GT vs GT Review - Comparison between the 3X GT vs the GT
  • Long story short both models sound very similar to each other. The small difference is that the 3X GT is said to have a slightly wider stage, be sharper, and have more texture on each note. The 3 GT version is said to have more presence/focus on each sound (fulller notes, more concentrated), be more musical/flowing, and be slightly more accurate across the entire spectrum.
  • The 3X GT generates more heat. I doubt this is a big deal though, as my 3 GT only gets warm. The fan works really well at keeping the amp cool.
  • The 3X GT uses six dual op amps, whereas the 3 GT uses two duals and two singles. Just something to keep in mind if you plan on changing the op amps. Duals are more expensive than singles, and there is less room in the 3X GT case to swap op amps.
For those who are thinking about upgrading from the Reference series, there's a few changes that aren't talked much about in the reviews:
  • When the Conductor GT is plugged in it no longer automatically turns on (you must press the power button to turn it on)
  • The Volume wheel is less sensitive, it no longer jumps around (at least on mine)
  • At idle the 3 GT consumes over three times the power of the Reference. Both using Superchargers, the 3 GT consumes around .65 amps and the Reference consumes about .2 amps. Something interesting is that I tried measuring the stock power brick on the GT and it uses 1.1 amps at idle, almost double that of the Supercharger 5A. Not sure why the stock brick is so inefficient/power hungry.
  • Both the GT and Reference use the same IR codes for their remotes. You can use the Reference remote to control the GT and vice versa.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #160 of 170
I spent about a month going back and forth trying to decide between the Conductor 3X GT (Balanced) or the 3 GT (Single Ended). Both are said to sound slightly different, so it was a difficult decision. I went back and forth multiple times as I wanted the sound described from both models. Below are some of the resources I used to decide between the two models. Hopefully it will help someone else going through the same decision:

Sound News Soloist 3X GT and 3 GT Written Review - This is for the Soloist GT's, but the sound difference between SE & Balanced are said to be almost the same on the Conductors.
Passion for Sound Conductor 3X GT Review - Review for the Conductor 3X GT
Passion For Sound Conductor 3X GT vs GT Review - Comparison between the 3X GT vs the GT
  • Long story short both models sound very similar to each other. The small difference is that the 3X GT is said to have a slightly wider stage, be sharper, and have more texture on each note. The 3 GT version is said to have more presence/focus on each sound (fulller notes, more concentrated), be more musical/flowing, and be slightly more accurate across the entire spectrum.
  • The 3X GT generates more heat. I doubt this is a big deal though, as my 3 GT only gets warm. The fan works really well at keeping the amp cool.
  • The 3X GT uses six dual op amps, whereas the 3 GT uses two duals and two singles. Just something to keep in mind if you plan on changing the op amps. Duals are more expensive than singles, and there is less room in the 3X GT case to swap op amps.
For those who are thinking about upgrading from the Reference series, there's a few changes that aren't talked much about in the reviews:
  • When the Conductor GT is plugged in it no longer automatically turns on (you must press the power button to turn it on)
  • The Volume wheel is less sensitive, it no longer jumps around (at least on mine)
  • At idle the 3 GT consumes over three times the power of the Reference. Both using Superchargers, the 3 GT consumes around .65 amps and the Reference consumes about .2 amps. Something interesting is that I tried measuring the stock power brick on the GT and it uses 1.1 amps at idle, almost double that of the Supercharger 5A. Not sure why the stock brick is so inefficient/power hungry.
  • Both the GT and Reference use the same IR codes for their remotes. You can use the Reference remote to control the GT and vice versa.
what did you decide on... :xf_cool: ... I like the Conductor 3x GT... but both are good...

Nov 16, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #161 of 170
The 3 GT.. then the 3X, then the 3 GT, then I was absolutely sure of the 3X and waiting for a sale. Finally after watching the reviews in my post above I came to the conclusion that both models are almost exactly the same, and I purchased the single ended 3 GT since I'm already set up for single ended (I've got more SE cables). I'm convinced you can't go wrong with either model :). Comparing the GT to the Reference, the GT is a big step up and well worth every penny.

Nov 16, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #162 of 170
* Removed, no longer applicable.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #163 of 170
I was going to buy Questyle CMA Fifteen, but I got a good offer for a Burson Conductor 3XGT and I wanted to ask you what you would choose? I'm not deep into audio. I want to buy something that will last me for years. I've never dealt with Burson. I don't have the opportunity to listen before I buy, and I don't want to order something I have to send back the next day because the sound is harsh. The Questyle in combination with the Hifiman HE1000 V2 Stealth sounds great. I've only listened to this set for a few minutes, but it is a sound that is perfect for me. It's not harsh on the ears like with other devices I've hooked up to the HE1000. Will the Burson at the same money be an upgrade?

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #164 of 170
Conductor 3xgt is a amazing dac/amp, a all in one.

But my experience seperates are always better. I went for a soloist 3xr gt with a chord qutest and returned the conductor 3xgt, not because it’s bad, but seperates was just better

Nov 20, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #165 of 170
I was going to buy Questyle CMA Fifteen, but I got a good offer for a Burson Conductor 3XGT and I wanted to ask you what you would choose? I'm not deep into audio. I want to buy something that will last me for years. I've never dealt with Burson. I don't have the opportunity to listen before I buy, and I don't want to order something I have to send back the next day because the sound is harsh. The Questyle in combination with the Hifiman HE1000 V2 Stealth sounds great. I've only listened to this set for a few minutes, but it is a sound that is perfect for me. It's not harsh on the ears like with other devices I've hooked up to the HE1000. Will the Burson at the same money be an upgrade?
There isn't anything wrong with the stock op amps in the 3XGT but if your He1000 v2 sound bright to you then there is the option to opamp change out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back