Burson Conductor 3XGT
Feb 7, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #121 of 169
4.4 is normally associated with a balanced output (not on all manufacturers, like ifi ) and the balanced output on the Burson is full size 4 pin XLR... so if you plan on utilizing a 4.4mm balanced headphone cable you would need to get a 4.4mm to XLR adaptor.. ddhifi makes a nice one... you could use that adaptor and just keep it plugged into the burson and you would be set for 4.4mm balanced output https://www.amazon.com/Balanced-Adapter-Traditional-Desktop-Earphone/dp/B094ZT75PJ
Oh ok well good thing I have a 3.5 XLR adapter for my Arya stealth! I do have a 4.4 to 3.5 adapter so can use it with my audeze headphones. Is it worth the purchase and does it pair well with the Arya stealth?

Feb 7, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #122 of 169
Oh ok well good thing I have a 3.5 XLR adapter for my Arya stealth! I do have a 4.4 to 3.5 adapter so can use it with my audeze headphones. Is it worth the purchase and does it pair well with the Arya stealth?
@gordon0986 I would be careful when trying to make a 3.5mm work with any balanced outputs... 4.4mm or XLR .... it could cause some damage to the amp stage..... a normal 3.5mm shares the return line between the left and right channels... in a true balanced setup the signal paths for the left and right are separated on purpose... so the left side has its own signal and return connections... and the right side has its own signal and return connections... thus two mono block amps... if you put a 3.5mm to the outputs then you are connecting the two mono block return lines... its no longer balanced at that moment and could cause damage to the amp stage... I'm pretty sure there is verbage in the Burson Manuals advising against what you have... at least in the " X " version of their amps...

Feb 10, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #123 of 169
Friends - can you help me figure out the cause of these mini-dropouts in sound from the amp?

Qobuz/Apple Music->MacBook Pro M1 -> USB-IF certified USB4 2metre cable->Conductor 3X GT -> Focal Utopia via balanced jack. I've got a 250Mbps internet setup via a wired connection to my MacBook.

Standard settings on the amp, but using low gain. Playing either native output or upsampled via Roon.

Every now and then, I'd experience a very brief interruption/dropout in the sound output (we are talking less than 100miliseconds or less here). It's like a very very brief pause. It occurs randomly and often enough to be annoying. I'm not doing heavy duty work on the MacBook - just word documents and PDFs.

Any idea what could be causing this? I've tried different USB cables (all USB4s).

Feb 11, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #125 of 169
you might try the blue tooth option and see if you still have the drop outs... you have a few items that would need to be swapped out to see what is causing this...
Thanks I'll try that. How's the sound quality via Bluetooth versus USB? Also, what else can I swap out besides the cable and the MacBook?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #126 of 169
Thanks I'll try that. How's the sound quality via Bluetooth versus USB? Also, what else can I swap out besides the cable and the MacBook?
I doubt its going to be a cable if the music is cutting out while the cable is stationary.... but you could make the cable move around... bend it along its lenght and see if there is a connection issue in the wires... if so you will need to isolate the area where there could be an issue... and if there is an issue with the cable then you probably have found your problem... the computer would also be a swap out ....

Apr 27, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #129 of 169
I was really interested in de conductor 3x gt, but if I understand correctly, the two line in, are actually useless? Because it gets reconverted bij the internal dac? So using a different dac is useless with it.

De soloist 3x + composer 3x, sound less than the conductor 3x gt

So what is left is soloist 3gt, but reading in reviews composer 3x sound less quite less than the gt conductor internal dac

Burson actually don’t have a gt quality composer kind of dac?

Does someone has experience with use of the line-in of the conductor 3x gt all in one’s? (Read as: only want to use the amp
Part)

Annoying part buying a soloist gt with another dac is even more expensive…

Why did Burson mess up the line-in so much this way? They might as well skipped it altogether then? Or am I seeing it wrong.

Right now if I have a really nice other dac, and want to enjoy it, it is useless this way right? Can’t imagine a signal beein reprocessed and oversampled benefit that analog signal?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #130 of 169
@jjazzy ... not sure if your interested but they have a new deal they are taking pre orders on and you get some free items... this is a copy from an email they sent me.. I think today is the last day for the free items tho.... if interested you might email them for further details... that is a good deal for the total package...

The Soloist 3 GT retails for $2200 and is shipping right now. If you order before May 1st, you will receive $800 worth of free upgrades, including a Super Charger 5A ($400) and Mothership-01 ($400). The Super Charger 5A pushes the performance of the Soloist 3 GT to its peak, while the Mothership elevates the ecstatic of your audio system and living space while keeping the GT cool.​

Apr 28, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #131 of 169
@jjazzy ... not sure if your interested but they have a new deal they are taking pre orders on and you get some free items... this is a copy from an email they sent me.. I think today is the last day for the free items tho.... if interested you might email them for further details... that is a good deal for the total package...

The Soloist 3 GT retails for $2200 and is shipping right now. If you order before May 1st, you will receive $800 worth of free upgrades, including a Super Charger 5A ($400) and Mothership-01 ($400). The Super Charger 5A pushes the performance of the Soloist 3 GT to its peak, while the Mothership elevates the ecstatic of your audio system and living space while keeping the GT cool.​

Curios that they give you the Mothership and not the single stand to keep the unit vertical. Mothership looks nice sure, but $400 is a lot of money

Apr 28, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #132 of 169

Thanks for the tip. I got a real nice deal today at the local shop, not far from the one you are mentioning

May 1, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #134 of 169
I propably have to return the conductor gt again found some really annoying issues.

I have a bluesound, connect it to the coax in, it get’s hiccups and signal fails (read as on/off/on/off sound).
It works only looped in another older dac (which luckily has a coax out as well) but that is NOT okay!! Bluesound is a fine device, which now only seem to have issues with the Burson coax in.

The bluesound is working perfectly, tested to other dacs I own.

Another quirck, I have also a dac with telefunken 6922 NOS tube stage, the moment I connect that to line-in, I have to seriously have to disable the tube stage, the signal starts to distort extremely. Which it shouldn’t it is a normal line-out (which also works on any other simple line in of other amps I own)

Maybe it has to do with the resample again into the line-in through the dac of the Burson GT. A kind of design flaw (my opinion)

When it works it sounds AMAZING, but for this price, these issues are not okay.

May 8, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #135 of 169
Hi, i have seen this YouTube review of Conductor 3X GT by Lachlan from Passion For Sound. In the review he says that if line level signal is fed to Conductor 3X GT then it gets reconverted in digital and reprocessed for upsampling and then goes to amplifier section. Is this true ? Does this applies to Timekeeper 3iR as well ?
The problem with this kind of implementation, is that every totl dac connected to rca/xlr in, will sound like a ess 9038? Not to be negative (but what is the point of a analog rca in, in that case?).

I bought one last week, but doubting returning it, because of this. And also missing the third gain (1 watt) setting and crossfeed (for older jazz recordings)

Soloist 3xr gt is my other option, but burson does not have a dac on level of the conductor grand tourer yet, not sold seperately (the composer 3xp, is real good but not grand tourer level yet)

Tried already asking twice, but no one seems to answer my question on the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back