Burson Cable+ Active Voltage Raising / Impedance Matching Cable
Dec 15, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #106 of 168
  got my r2r today and hooked it between my d100 and aric audio preamp to drive my paradigm millenia one desktop system and after adjusting down the pre-amp gain and the sat volume to compensate for the cable boost it doesn't sound much different at all imho.  if anything could be more distortion but hard to say since can't a/b it easily.  doesn't sound bad just not convinced it sounds any better either.

Interesting, what was your cable before cable +?

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #107 of 168

What is your current cable use for Fiio X7 and WA3? If it is stock cheap cable, you might have a distinct improvement.

What is your headphone? A fullsize (mid - high end) will spot the different easy than an iem.

I am currently using a cheap cable, and the headphones I use with this setup (Fiio X7 and Woo WA3) are my HD650.

I ask this question (whether the Cable+ makes a difference with hifi components) because, as far as I can tell, Burson strictly advertises the cable+ as an upgrade for cellphones, tablets, and laptops... not quality DAPs like the Fiio X7.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #109 of 168
Is the price tag of $99 still on? Where if so, thanks. $99 matches Fulla2 $99.:grimacing:

Dec 19, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #110 of 168
  Can I use this cable to connect hifi components, like a quality DAP (line out signal of my Fiio X7) and a quality headphone amp (Woo WA3)? Would I hear a distinct improvement in SQ? Or does this cable make a difference only with non-hifi components like cellphones and laptops?

The way Burson presents their new cable seems to limit its use to phones, tablets and computers.

Thanks!

It is specifically intended for non-hifi components, like phones and tablets which have low-power outputs, something which will likely not be good when used as a line-level source. Hifi components will already provide enough power to send the signal down a long cable to another amp, so Burson's cable will make no useful difference.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #111 of 168

It is specifically intended for non-hifi components, like phones and tablets which have low-power outputs, something which will likely not be good when used as a line-level source. Hifi components will already provide enough power to send the signal down a long cable to another amp, so Burson's cable will make no useful difference.

Correct. Yet at the same time, it will impact the sound because of the V5i

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #113 of 168
It added a pleasant change to my chains, 'weight' was added.

Dec 21, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #114 of 168
I would use this Cable+ for the Audio Out on my TV to my powered speakers. I got lazy and discontinued connecting and disconnecting a portable DAC to my TV's optical Toslink out.

The Cable+ I would keep persistently dedicated to this audio chain.

anyone else using the Cable+ this way?

Dec 29, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #116 of 168
Just bought Aux to RCA for LG V20's output. Anyone using the same config?

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #117 of 168
johnson21 kindly suggested in look into this product as i'm seeking a desktop solution.

using laptop for music that is daisy chained to a few dacs (as i'm still experimenting with sound):
dragonfly red, chord mojo or ifi micro idsd...then one is daisychained to powered desktop speakers.
so this 3.5 to dual rca solution looks interesting.

however, would it still have a place for my micro idsd?
i'm already using their mercury cable and ipurifer 2 from laptop.

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #118 of 168
  johnson21 kindly suggested in look into this product as i'm seeking a desktop solution.

using laptop for music that is daisy chained to a few dacs (as i'm still experimenting with sound):
dragonfly red, chord mojo or ifi micro idsd...then one is daisychained to powered desktop speakers.
so this 3.5 to dual rca solution looks interesting.

however, would it still have a place for my micro idsd?
i'm already using their mercury cable and ipurifer 2 from laptop.

idsd has RCA output and headphone output, if you use RCA output (preamp mode), make sure you turn idsd volume to max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back