Jan 29, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 27
The Burn-In process:
76072_burning_headphones_2.jpg

The final result:
76075_burning_headphones_1.jpg

If I could get them working again, I bet they would sound much better
atsmile.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #17 of 27
I'm not saying burn-in doesn't exist, but until I see someone consistently identify burned-in phones in a blind ABX, I'm not believing.

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #18 of 27
x2 what Hentai said.
Being such a debated topic, I can't believe someone didn't just do the test. Buy 2 identical phones, burn in one, don't use the other during the burn in period. If I become rich someday, I'd do it.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #19 of 27
^ I've done that with two pairs of RE0s, one a brand new warranty replacement and the other used non-stop for 2 months or so. I heard slight differences, but of course there is no way I can prove it and I'm not inclined to argue about burn-in with anyone. All I know is that I run all of my IEMs through my dedicated burn-in rig for 100-150 hours prior to doing any critical listening.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #20 of 27
In one of the other threads for a IEM with a dynamic driver (was it the Klipsch S4?), someone and a buddy bought two pairs of earphones and let one burn-in while the one was kept unused.

After 100 hours or however many hours they used, they listened to the burn-in pair Vs. the unused one.

The poster reported that the difference in sound was definite and obvious to both his friend and him.

Therefore, this question of whether burn-in effects the sound of dynamic driver IEMs has been answered, right?

Jan 30, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In one of the other threads for a IEM with a dynamic driver (was it the Klipsch S4?), someone and a buddy bought two pairs of earphones and let one burn-in while the one was kept unused.

After 100 hours or however many hours they used, they listened to the burn-in pair Vs. the unused one.

The poster reported that the difference in sound was definite and obvious to both his friend and him.

Therefore, this question of whether burn-in effects the sound of dynamic driver IEMs has been answered, right?

No, burn-in naysayers will never believe you unless you provide them some hard evidence. What you have said would make most normal people believe that burn-in exists. However most of the skeptics are very firm in their belief (or maybe disbelief is a better word) of burn-in.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Burn-In process:
76072_burning_headphones_2.jpg

The final result:
76075_burning_headphones_1.jpg

If I could get them working again, I bet they would sound much better
atsmile.gif

Noise floor improvement unmatched by any other headphones.
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #24 of 27
The problem with only trying it with two pairs is that they could sound slightly different when new anyway. At least I've found that to be true with lower end phones when I've bought a couple of pairs at the same time.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That constitutes scant anecdotal evidence at best, and it doesn't prove or disprove whether those buddies experienced earphone or brain burn-in.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What you have said would make most normal people believe that burn-in exists.

What he said means nothing. Somebody somewhere at some time said something about maybe some earphone and his buddy will back him up? I hope a "normal" person would be a little more critical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back