Burn In CDs - Great or Gimmick?
Aug 1, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #16 of 19
Send me $15 and I will send instructions
very_evil_smiley.gif

It is pure horsefeathers to charge that much for a break in CD or even call something a break in CD for that matter. The process is real enough, amps, cables and so on do need break in to settle in.

The cheapest break in is to just listen to it. It eventually smooths out. Bass tightens up, highs smooth out, the better the gear, the more you will notice. A $25 dollar player from WalMart ain't gonna' matter.

My extremly high tech and super secret method refined over many years, is to grab whatever CD is closest and hook a CD player to whatever I want to break in and.....
now this is the expensive part. Put the player on repeat and go away. (or use a cheap radio)

What is really scarry is people buy them and they may vote and have kids.

Aug 1, 2007 at 12:45 PM Post #17 of 19
If your the kind of person that is considering buying it then it's great.

I don't believe the magnetism nonsense (but concede it may be true) however I believe in burn in after the transformation with ED9s. A disc like this will get the job done quicker.

Aug 1, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negatron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send me $15 and I will send instructions
very_evil_smiley.gif

It is pure horsefeathers to charge that much for a break in CD or even call something a break in CD for that matter. The process is real enough, amps, cables and so on do need break in to settle in.

The cheapest break in is to just listen to it. It eventually smooths out. Bass tightens up, highs smooth out, the better the gear, the more you will notice. A $25 dollar player from WalMart ain't gonna' matter.

My extremly high tech and super secret method refined over many years, is to grab whatever CD is closest and hook a CD player to whatever I want to break in and.....
now this is the expensive part. Put the player on repeat and go away. (or use a cheap radio)

What is really scarry is people buy them and they may vote and have kids.

Music sort of works (slowly), but it’s not going to be passing a 20 Hz-20 kHz signal all the time.
For an extreme example, if you played only string quartets as break in music, your speakers or headphones will take forever to get the low bass loosened up.
Using a break in track (or Pink Noise) will ensure you are getting a full range signal sent through the device the whole time you are breaking it in. The break in will be more complete and done quicker.

The demag tracks? Eh, maybe a little cleaner after playing them, but it's hard to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back