Burn In CDs - Great or Gimmick?
Jul 25, 2007 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Jay B

Head-Fier
I recently saw this burn in CD at MusicDirect and became curious. I always thought that burning in with the type of music you like made the most sense. But this CD claims to increase the clarity of your system by removing built up magnetic fields. They even go as far to say that it is a 'must own'. Sounds like a gimmick to me. What do you think, Great or Gimmick?

Has anyone had any experience with this CD or others like it?

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 19
sucker bait

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #6 of 19
i like the stereophile Cd's with the burn in track on them and some test and music tracks. I forgot which one of the 3 they have out but one has a burn in track with a bunch of people randomly hitting instruments and such, imagine a 2th grade class room all just going crazy with instruments..but really behind all the noise is a slow Hz sweep..
if you burn in your speakers by placing one in front of the other (one pushing and one pulling) you can hear the Hz sweep perfect!

bad part about that track with the random instruments is living for a week strait with it on repeat will make in insane and twitch..i still do

Jul 25, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #7 of 19
Definitely gimmick!
Ok, they might be able to get the job done faster than "real" music. But I the end result 'should' be identical..

Jul 25, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #9 of 19
I've seen cases where heavy amounts of white-noise were used to condition capacitors in the signal path. Somehow, I don't think this is related.

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

We don't completely understand how it works either

neither do I.

Sine wave sweeps, deep bass, and other types of signals that burn in drivers and transducers and the such I am a fan of, but magnetism? Thats a war no one will win.

Whats next? For 5 trillion dollars, get the benefit of us blowing up the moon to prevent daily fluctuations in gravity that affect your oh so high end turntable?

Jul 25, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think, Great or Gimmick?

I can't say for sure. Never tried it.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back