bummed out... left my gear on the plane
Dec 7, 2005 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

socrates63

Headphoneus Supremus
My wife and I flew to San Francisco today with the two kids in tow. But to get to the heart of the matter, I just realized that I left my home rig (see sig) on the plane: iPod, Porta Corda, Xev cable, PX100, E888LP, iPod USB cable, two PowerEx 9v rechargeables all in my Waterfield iPod gadget bag.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I'm considering everything as a loss, but I will call Alaska Air in the morning. What else do I have to lose?

My learning experience on today's two-hour flight:
1. I reaffirmed my hate for flights -- noisy, crowded, bad air.
2. I need closed cans. Solving this issue probably would improve my perception of flights.

Well, at least I didn't bring my H140 and this may give me an excuse to get new gear
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 33
Ouch, I really hope that you can recover your stuff...Unless someone picked it up (as in another passenger) I would imagine that you should get it back. I left something on a flight once and the airline attendant told me that they have a bin that they collect anything they find after the flight deboards and the items are looked over by security and put into lost and found...

Dec 7, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #5 of 33
pne, spoken like a true headfier. This just means you were ment to buy the UE10, and the newipod

Dec 7, 2005 at 7:10 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Ouch, I really hope that you can recover your stuff...Unless someone picked it up (as in another passenger) I would imagine that you should get it back. I left something on a flight once and the airline attendant told me that they have a bin that they collect anything they find after the flight deboards and the items are looked over by security and put into lost and found...

Well, I was the last one off the flight (cleaning crews were already cleaning up as I was getting off) but it was continuing on to Palm Springs from what I overheard. I'm just holding out for a slim chance that the clean up crew finds it first and turns it in. I left the bag underneath my seat.

Dec 7, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
at least the flight was safe, take it as a sign fromthe skies to upgrade!
wink.gif

In the bigger scheme of things, what's audio gear, eh? Everyone's safe and sleeping soundly as I type this post.
600smile.gif
Besides, I still have the HD600 that arrived today (I listened to them for about 5 minutes before I left for the flight) to look forward to, and the Woo 3 should be waiting for me when I get home.

Dec 7, 2005 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 33
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you and you get all your gear back.

Dec 7, 2005 at 9:12 AM Post #10 of 33
Man, I am so sorry this happensed to you; I thought I was the only one of us here with an empty head when distracted. I travel on planes a great deal and it can be unbelieveably distracting so I've minimized the amount of items I carry on, but I know I still take too much. My beloved HD590s and a Panasonic SD Player were left onboard a plane a few years ago, and they were never returned
frown.gif

I hope you will have better luck. In contrast, if you check out my past "Good People" thread, there are many honest peope in this world and I hope they were around you at the time. My loss did cause me to get my first upgrade, a nice one, the HD280 with 3G iPod, both of which I still use all the time.

So, lastly, to carry my "stuff" around, I have resorted to the dreaded "man purse", sneered at by many men, but it seems to make me more popular among women. At least there was a Seinfeld episode justifying my actions
rolleyes.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 9:57 AM Post #11 of 33
Sorry to hear about what happened.

But, with today's air security, I think you might actually have a good chance of getting your stuff back. Those cleaning crews and flight attendants do check every seat for rubbish, etc. So, it's pretty difficult for them to miss a bag on the floor. They are probably trained not to open a bag/container left on a plane.. so there's also a good chance you're stuff wouldn't go missing.

(Imagine... cleaning crew spots a mysterious bag left beneath a seat. Evacuate the airport!! Call the bomb squads!
tongue.gif
)

I once left my Discman on an plane at Narita, Tokyo, whilst on transit back to Thailand from the US. The cleaning crew did turn it in to the flight staff.

Let us know how this turns out.

Dec 7, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #12 of 33
Aw man, I sure hope you get your gear back, and soon! Do keep us all informed and good luck bro.

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 7, 2005 at 10:39 AM Post #13 of 33
Considering the circumstances I think there is a good chance of getting the gear back. Good luck. Now, while waiting only think of the great time with the Woo 3 and 600!

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:27 PM Post #14 of 33
That stinks, although i think the forum should punish you with 5 lashings for leaving your gear behind, how dare you?
tongue.gif

Hopefully whoever found your gear is honest and turned it over to the airline in the lost and found section.

Dec 7, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #15 of 33
Sorry to hear about the loss. Hope you get it back.

Use this as an opportunity to get a pair of nice IEM's. I wouldn't fly anywhere without my Ety ER4P's. Makes business-class almost tolerable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back