build quality issues with the cc51's?
Dec 27, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #18 of 35
OH... It's in the comments for the picture post " Santa's Elves, hard at work @ MEElectronics."

The frequency response graph shown on the computer monitor is for the a161p ... you can barely make it out of that low res photo, but the text reads A161P somewhere in the middle under the Mustard Yellow Bar.

Quote:
Thanks for  the replay, I read through there but couldn't find anything solid other then an off comment about the A161 not being able to be purchased in time for Christmas. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #20 of 35

Quote:
Oooooh yes. Nice to know that they're slowly moving toward the $100 bracket. I bought the A151s, and they just seem to bring life into some songs that I have.

True. I am very pleased with the sound, looks and build quality of the A151's. Too bad about the build quality of the CC's. But if there is a company to stand up when there is an issue, it is MEElec. Top notch customer service.

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #21 of 35
A151 are one purchase I don't regret at all... for the $50 I paid (now closer to $40) I'm still very happy. I'll probably upgrade to the 161p after the price drops from the MSRP.

But What were they thinking with the bluetooth models? Do not want.

Quote:

True. I am very pleased with the sound, looks and build quality of the A151's. Too bad about the build quality of the CC's. But if there is a company to stand up when there is an issue, it is MEElec. Top notch customer service.

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #22 of 35
This thread scared me a bit, as I read it when my CC51P's were in the mail. But, I've had them for 4 days now and I haven't had any catastrophic disconnection of the driver from the housing yet.
*crosses fingers

Edit: I remember now, that the left driver didn't seem to work when I plugged them in for the first time. I don't know what it was at this point, for it has worked just fine ever since then.

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #23 of 35
each of my 5 CC51s lasted at least a month, and what you are describing seems to be just you not plugging in the headphones in completely.

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #24 of 35
They sent me another in the mail... overseas! They were very helpful but I am planning on selling the new ones - I need me bass. 
What I would advise is to carefully open them yourselves and super glue em up, the driver flex is sure to come loose no matter what though.

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #25 of 35

Quote:
They sent me another in the mail... overseas! They were very helpful but I am planning on selling the new ones - I need me bass. 
What I would advise is to carefully open them yourselves and super glue em up, the driver flex is sure to come loose no matter what though.

lol, the build quality on these were the worst.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #29 of 35
I love my CC-51P's, but I just sent back my second replacement set. This time, the inline mic/remote kept coming apart at the half-mark, until finally the wiring snapped. I just got a pair of Klipsch Reference S4i's, but I have a feeling when the A161P comes out, I'll be 100% in on it.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #30 of 35
I would say if your CCs break again, see if you can get a pair of A151s next. I haven't heard anything bad about their sound. I have a pair of Vsonic GR06S on the way, so we'll see how those fare, might be a good alternative for the price point, though not as awesome looking =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back