build quality issues with the cc51's?
Sep 6, 2011 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

jaqueh

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone else had any build quality issues with their meelectronic cc51's? A week after I got mine the mic and remote stopped working and that third wire connecting all of that to the headphone jack probably shorted. And the final nail, today I woke up and tried to put the left earpiece into my ear and i noticed that it wouldnt go in, that it felt loose. I examined it, and to my astonishment, i discovered that the entire metal housing had started to come off from the ceramic! You can fit it back onto the base but no longer stays together. Really disappointed with the build quality of these as the sound was so great.

I hope that amazon allows me to return these, but being that these broke literally a month and one day after my return window, I don't know if i'll be allowed to.

Also which DUNU headphone do you think i should get if these are able to get returned? I like clarity, mids, and soundstage.

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 35
 yea, i'm really dissapointed because i really liked the sound signature and now i don't know what headphone i can get with such great sound at that pricepoint. if i let meelec replace them, i'd know that i'd just go through another one in a month to the point where im going to get completely frustrated with them as i would probably go through that month after month.

Sep 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 35

Quote:
Contact customer support at Meelec, I am sure they will be able to help you out.  I have read other reports of this happening with the CC51,  fortunately have not had any issues with mine.

they're probably more than willing to replace it, but it won't be long until the same thing happens again to my replacement ones. 

i think im going to go with brookstones Dual diaphragm earphones

Sep 6, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #7 of 35
I returned 2 pairs to Amazon. Left ear of first pair crapped out within one week, that was two months ago. I bought 2nd pair three weeks ago, right ear did not have sound. I am unlucky for this certain earphones.

Sep 6, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 35
i dont think its luck, hmm i don't really want to take my chances with any more cc51s

Oct 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #9 of 35
sorry to resurrect my old thread, but some updates and regrets. first, i should have returned the cc51s in favor of something else because the first pair, the original ones that i got, had its driver housing fall apart. then meelec sent me new ones, who's mic jack assembly also fell apart because the glue there was also not strong enough, now im on my third pair, mind you i learned from all my prior mistakes and told them specifically to send me the cheaper non-mic version and now the jack is messing up (nothing visible, so i really don't know what's going on) and will only transmit sound at certain angles.

every half a month i have to get a new pair of these, meelec what's up???

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 35
I barely used mine and the right driver came off... and it too wont hold anymore. The next time they came apart one of the wires disconnected so now its just sitting in the box. Contacted meelectronic support but no answer yet, i used to have the HJE900 which is built like a tank but the highs were harsh... even with the foam mod.

Very disappointed there was no groove for the housing to hold. Its just loose and super glue did not do the trick either. 
How were these put together?

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #12 of 35
Totally bummed to read all these reports of them coming apart in the same place.  I hope meelec can either fix the issue or pull it from market and replace with a better product.

Quote:
I barely used mine and the right driver came off... and it too wont hold anymore. The next time they came apart one of the wires disconnected so now its just sitting in the box. Contacted meelectronic support but no answer yet, i used to have the HJE900 which is built like a tank but the highs were harsh... even with the foam mod.

Very disappointed there was no groove for the housing to hold. Its just loose and super glue did not do the trick either. 
How were these put together?

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #13 of 35
I remember I read somewhere with Meelec saying that there are plans to pull this product off the market. Don't quote me on that, though.

Anyway, they're going to release the A161 next year, with a P model. Can't wait for that.

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #14 of 35

Quote:
I remember I read somewhere with Meelec saying that there are plans to pull this product off the market. Don't quote me on that, though.

Anyway, they're going to release the A161 next year, with a P model. Can't wait for that.

Source?

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #15 of 35

Quote:

Oooooh yes. Nice to know that they're slowly moving toward the $100 bracket. I bought the A151s, and they just seem to bring life into some songs that I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back