1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Budget Streaming Source query…..

1. Paul Graham
    Question for my audiophile, headphile, DJ, Sound engineer etc friends….. I have a rapidly growing collection of DSD/FLAC etc files that I listen to a lot on my portable and desktop headphone rigs, However, Ild like to listen to them on my main hi-fi as well. I can run my macbook through a DAC to my amp, However, I only hold about 5% of my digital audio collection on the macbook, Its a pain having to move files around all the time and watching hdd space. So I'm looking into a streamer. I really like the Cambridge Audio StreamMagic6 but at nearly 800 quid its a big NO NO. I don't want to touch any cheap chinese no-name box not knowing if its got the alleged specs or not, So IMO the Logitech Squeezebox looks like a decent affordable solution, Am I right??? Will it do those high res files justice or not? Im looking at getting it for my birthday in June, So I have time to save up for it. Any advice would be well appreciated. [​IMG]