Budget Amp For K702's Please
Feb 18, 2011 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sizzers

New Head-Fier
I'm about to purchase a pair of K702's and I'm looking for opinions on a good budget headphone amp to get them started.

I do have a Pro-Ject Headbox II which I'm not expecting great things of with the K's, so any thoughts on what else might be suitable? I really don't want to be spending over 100GBP at this stage and I'd prefer not to go down the tube route if possible: far too much opportunity to tweak and fiddle which I'd rather not get involved with to be honest, but if based on your suggestions that's what it takes then guess I'll have to live with it.

Further down the line I have plans for a "proper" upgrade of the amp, but due to a change of circumstances that may well be a good few months down the line.

Many thanks in advance,

Malc.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 4
I know you said you'd prefer to avoid tubes, but if you'd consider a hybrid amp the Millet Hybrid does a good job on my K701's and since there are only a few tube choices there is not much chance of going crazy tweaking and tube rolling.

The price can be very reasonable used or you can D-I-Y if you wish to have a go at it.

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 4
You must have a bigger budget for K702. Amping it is not easy on the limited budget line. You might be frustrated with its sound quality. Try saving for better amps out there.
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back