Bucktown Cables Impressions
Jun 15, 2020 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

XGeneX88

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I recently discovered a new and upcoming cable maker based out of Chicago. Chris @ Bucktown Cables. This gentleman made me a fantastic balanced XLR4 to Dual 3.5mm cable which I use with my Hifiman Arya and wanted to share my impressions.

I was charged under 100$ for this cable and it is simply exceptional in every way. Amphenol connectors were used on both ends which appear to be very premium and good looking. The splitter is a premium "viablue" model and the paracord material used is not very micro-phonic at all (unlike Periapt). The core is 23AWG wire from Canare and my Arya sounds great with this cable. My personal opinion is that this is the best cable money can buy in the sub $100 category.

Please check out my cable below and feel free to get one made for yourself (and share photos/impressions in this thread!). Chris is happy to make you a custom cable if you just email him at "bucktowncables@gmail.com".

image0(1).jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #7 of 10
I get microphonics on my Hart Audio cables. Very annoying because I really like their system. I could use a nice cable for my HD6XX.

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #9 of 10
Unless you like extremely heavy headphone cables, then I don't recommend cables from Bucktown Cables.

I would not call these cables heavy at all. I’ve literally taken my cable to several audio get togethers and people are constantly asking me where I got it from. You really have to hold/handle it to understand how nice it is.. In my opinion (and I’m not being paid to say this), it really is the best that money can buy in its category. I would immediately choose this over Hart, Periapt, or even Arctic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back